Preview Best 22 and pre-match chat vs Geelong - Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brayshaw, Tyson, Melksham, Hannan from the extended bench, please and thank you.

Give me Tyson, Melksham, Brayshaw and Maynard. I think no Viney means Maynard gets his chance. Especially if it's wet. Hannan could be in instead of Maynard, but with Garlett, Fritsch, Melksham, Harmes and Petracca as small/medium sized forwards, I feel we need to go with more depth in the middle with Maynard. He just looks like he'd be a great wet weather player to me. Whoever misses will be stiff (besides Wagner)..

Give me Tyson, Melksham, Brayshaw and Maynard. I think no Viney means Maynard gets his chance. Especially if it's wet. Hannan could be in instead of Maynard, but with Garlett, Fritsch, Melksham, Harmes and Petracca as small/medium sized forwards, I feel we need to go with more depth in the middle with Maynard. He just looks like he'd be a great wet weather player to me. Whoever misses will be stiff (besides Wagner)..
I haven't seen anything from Maynard to suggest he'll be very useful, but I do agree that they'll go for the extra grunt in the middle.

X69LvpT.jpg
Dipping into new memes are we.

If i wasn't lazy i'd make one about a Geelong fan saying Dangerfield is playing round 1 - Change my Mind
But i'm real lazy

I'd argue that we need to add Hannan as he releases Trac to the midfield to add the grunt that we're missing. Reckon that offers a lot more to the team than Maynard

I'm all about mitch hannan. Def play him and he'll nab us 2 goals inside a minute

Hannan is a role player who can take those half chances and kick goals. Look at the average degree of difficulty last year when he kicked them, he doesn't win a lot of the ball but his pressure is really good and he is always dangerous inside 50.

Hannan is a role player who can take those half chances and kick goals. Look at the average degree of difficulty last year when he kicked them, he doesn't win a lot of the ball but his pressure is really good and he is always dangerous inside 50.

No doubt. I also think him and fritsch will develop some sweet chemistry inside F50 and be a nightmare for opposition backman

Why is Harmes rated higher than Hannan. Harmes is better around the ground, but Hannan is better in the F50 and can actually kick the ******* ball.

I'm biased though. I don't understand the hype around Harmes at all. He's a useful contributor, and belongs in the round 1 side, but I'd argue he's a clear bottom four player for us and could easily lose his spot to Bugg who is a very similar player.

Why is Harmes rated higher than Hannan. Harmes is better around the ground, but Hannan is better in the F50 and can actually kick the ******* ball.

I'm biased though. I don't understand the hype around Harmes at all. He's a useful contributor, and belongs in the round 1 side, but I'd argue he's a clear bottom four player for us and could easily lose his spot to Bugg who is a very similar player.
Got all the tools and works his arse off, one of the few players who has genuinely improved year on year. Honestly starting to look like a poor man's Trac.

Got all the tools and works his arse off, one of the few players who has genuinely improved year on year. Honestly starting to look like a poor man's Trac.
Yeah I'm huge on Harmes now. Reckon he'd be the top 10 at most clubs and will be one of our most important players this year. Good footy sense, good work ethic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm huge on Harmes now. Reckon he'd be the top 10 at most clubs and will be one of our most important players this year. Good footy sense, good work ethic
I'm sorry?

I've never seen a player who disposes of the ball worse though. He's really bad by hand and foot. His set shots need work too.

I don't think he's being hyped. He's certainly being recognized for becoming a good player and regular contributer and I think we all love his effort and work rate. He's more versatile than Hannan. Could fill in through the midfield or down back better than Hannan. They're both in the 22 at this point

I'm not Tysons biggest fan but Oliver isn't peak Judd yet and Tyson whilst limited outside is a very good inside midfield. Tyson is capable of a 30 touch 10 clearance game especially when he's the go to from Gawn.
Amen. Tyson is a very good inside mid. Very good. People allow his shank kicks on the outside to completely erase the obvious good he is capable of inside.

Amen. Tyson is a very good inside mid. Very good. People allow his shank kicks on the outside to completely erase the obvious good he is capable of inside.
Nah VFL standard

Anyway on paper we win this one imo. * this is a huge game.

I've never seen a player who disposes of the ball worse though. He's really bad by hand and foot. His set shots need work too.

Haha crap mate.
Tyson Wagner Bugg Frost Hogan Viney Kent are all inferior on our list alone currently not too mention blokes like Bartram Lamb Powell and Grgic in the last two decades.

Haha crap mate.
Tyson Wagner Bugg Frost Hogan Viney Kent are all inferior on our list alone currently not too mention blokes like Bartram Lamb Powell and Grgic in the last two decades.

You left out perhaps the worst kick in the history of the AFL -Jordie McKenzie.

Best of luck guys, I'll be barracking very hard for the Dees against the Handbagger Scum. Just quietly they've become the most arrogant club in the state since their Stephen Dank fueled faux-dynasty and I wouldn't mind betting supporters of at least 8 other clubs will be hoping you knock them off.

Also want to wish you guys all the best for the upcoming season. Melbourne supporters have had an exceedingly rough time of it the past decade and are long overdue some success. You'll appreciate it all the more for having gone so long without, and I've no doubt 2018 will indeed be the beginning of a very successful Melbourne era. A midfield of Gawn, Viney, Oliver, Petracca, Brayshaw & Jones makes my pants firm.

Best of luck guys, I'll be barracking very hard for the Dees against the Handbagger Scum. Just quietly they've become the most arrogant club in the state since their Stephen Dank fueled faux-dynasty and I wouldn't mind betting supporters of at least 8 other clubs will be hoping you knock them off.

Also want to wish you guys all the best for the upcoming season. Melbourne supporters have had an exceedingly rough time of it the past decade and are long overdue some success. You'll appreciate it all the more for having gone so long without, and I've no doubt 2018 will indeed be the beginning of a very successful Melbourne era. A midfield of Gawn, Viney, Oliver, Petracca, Brayshaw & Jones makes my pants firm.

The arrogance doesn't bother me when the team is actually good, but I can't stand it when supporters are arrogant when their team is mediocre. It's why I have such a dislike for Essendon supporters, their team hasn't been great since the turn of the century/ millennium 99-001 but they just keep on banging on about them. Hawthorn supporters are arrogant too but I would be if Melbourne made four grand finals in a row and won 3 in a row. Anyway back on point yes Geelong supporters are arrogant it really is frustrating watching this team finish second because it fuels the fire. Looking at their season last year they managed to win about 6 games where I think they really should have lost and a draw where gws really stuffed up. A bit like Hawthorn 2016 doing enough to win the close ones. I'm predicting a slide maybe not out of the finals but they're not top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back