Preview Best 22 and pre-match chat vs Geelong - Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Wagner. He’s a desperado. He is super brave, can play on shorts or talls, and is always team first. Glad he’s been given a shot. I also like Maynard. He’s a bull and like Schmutt and TK said will take on a lot of the bullocking that Viney normally does. We need someone to cover that as Jones, Lewis and Vince don’t need to be doing it at this stage of their careers.
I don’t think we have any passengers anymore. I reckon we are going to smack the cats.

I don't like either as long term players.

I get Tyson may not be cherry ripe as he had a few weeks off with injury recently, but playing Hannan, Maynard or Wagner ahead of Brayshaw is very strange.

I would have thought with Fristch playing we wouldn't have picked Hannan as they play the same role.

Maynard is hard at it but his skill level is poor and Wagner is neither athletic or skilfull, but does try hard..

Round 22 last year actually. Viney injured, Watts dropped, Trengove VFL
Had a feeling there might have been a game when Watts was dropped. When do we think the time before that was?

I don't like either as long term players.

I get Tyson may not be cherry ripe as he had a few weeks off with injury recently, but playing Hannan, Maynard or Wagner ahead of Brayshaw is very strange.

I would have thought with Fristch playing we wouldn't have picked Hannan as they play the same role.

Maynard is hard at it but his skill level is poor and Wagner is neither athletic or skilfull, but does try hard..
I think Fritsch and Hannan are seen as Breust/Puopulo types by the coaching staff. Perhaps a bit taller and slower. Return of the mid-sized marking forward.

I think you're writing off Maynard a bit early given he's only played one game, but yes - very strange that they ignored Brayshaw. I have very little faith in our MC, so could easily see him straight back in the side next week regardless.

1521845019100.jpg yeah relax people, the cats line up isn't at full strength either.. Wagner or no Wagner, should still win. The names with a black line underneath should hopefully calm some of you :)

View attachment 473915 yeah relax people, the cats line up isn't at full strength either.. Wagner or no Wagner, should still win. The names with a black line underneath should hopefully calm some of you :)
haha, well said ... funnily enough, even with a 100% healthy list, some of those players underlined are still in the line up ... which is good for a laugh.

Still really surprised about maynard playing after sleeping on it. Last night i had nightmares about repeat of the 3rd qtr in the 2nd JLT match happening against the cats, and he was playing inside mid and geelong were streaming through the centre of the ground while Maynard was left flat footed and wondering firstly, where the ball went, then secondly, where all the cats players went.

Christ I have missed this board <3

Had a good chuckle reading this thread.

Fritsch and Hannan both play tall and small and will stretch even the most miserly of defenses. We have four legitimate marking targets in our forward line. I don't have a vitriolic hatred towards Wagner like apparently most of the board does but I must admit it does baffle me that he was selected ahead of even Frost and Bugg let alone Brayshaw and Tyson. Only explanation for me is that they wanted another 'general defender' rather than a rotating mid.

Anyone having trouble printing their ticket for the game?

Haven't got my membership pack yet, can you just go to the MCG and talk to the Membership stand?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a feeling there might have been a game when Watts was dropped. When do we think the time before that was?
Rounds 16 and 17 last year but before that I think it might have been Round 22, 2009 but that is probably wrong.

Anyone having trouble printing their ticket for the game?

Haven't got my membership pack yet, can you just go to the MCG and talk to the Membership stand?
Yes you can theyll give you a ticket

so in the 2nd JLT game,
brayshaw had 19 touches @84% eff, 3 clearances, 2 goals and 5 tackles.
maynard 16 touches @68% eff, 4 clearances, 0 goals and 9 tackles. not sure how many stoppages both attended.
if brayshaw is not injured then it looks to me like they chose maynard over gus for his extra tackles, which generally means your not winning the ball first.

Do you think they are?

At their best yes and I would have picked Tyson for this game. Brayshaw I'm still not sure he's back to what he was before and when I pick our best 22 there's others I trust to perform at this moment of time over him

I don't hate Wagner like others and if he comes in to free up Jones Vince Lewis forward I understand. Maynard comes in for his clearance work though I don't rate him at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back