Preview Best 22 and pre-match chat vs Geelong - Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

At a glance the Dangerfield one looked like a hyper-extension.
I can't actually see what he might have injured ... doesn't look like much at all. They didn't get any ice or anything on it straight after, so it could be another case like when he died against Hawthorn last year, only to be revived and kick a bag.

That would actually put him in doubt wouldn't it...

Depends how bad. I've seen players get hyper-extensions and play the following week.

Even if he does play he's lost a lot of conditioning. Would be going into Round 1 with only half an hour of football in him.

Complete guess work, but they said on the coverage he had his right shorts leg pulled up when he was leaving the ground (before the end of the game? geez, all about you isn't it Patrick :D) So either a hamstring on his last stride before kicking, or a quad while kicking it ... neither are fantastic, given the last stride was only half step, and it was a stab kick. He was walking pretty freely in the rooms, and jogged off the ground, so its unlikely to be major enough for him to miss round 1

should we play Pedo and stretch geelongs backline? who are their KPDs? so have the 3 bigs and Pedo and Gawn rotating. Stewart is only 190cms Taylor and Blicavs would have to play down back so takes away forward options theyd prob have to play Ratugolea which would allow Lever to run off him

should we play Pedo and stretch geelongs backline? who are their KPDs? so have the 3 bigs and Pedo and Gawn rotating. Stewart is only 190cms Taylor and Blicavs would have to play down back so takes away forward options theyd prob have to play Ratugolea which would allow Lever to run off him
It's worth some thought, but we'd be risking being too big and slow when the ball hits the deck. I think they'll be just as likely to have their hands full with Hogan, TMac and Trac

Well then.

This is disappointing tbh.
Wanted to beat them at full strength?

We'll get a second crack at them at the Cattery.

Right now we need to focus on 13 wins. This will help, but a Selwood-Ablett Cats side is still bloody dangerous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's worth some thought, but we'd be risking being too big and slow when the ball hits the deck. I think they'll be just as likely to have their hands full with Hogan, TMac and Trac
yeah was more thinking having them have to worry about only having Hawkins forward and needing to play Ratugolea would be perfect for Lever to play on someone like him. still wouldnt be that big though cause Hogan is gonna be more up the ground Tmac has got an engine obviously plus if we are playing more direct with less handballing going bigger wouldnt hurt and Trac can kick 8

Wanted to beat them at full strength?

We'll get a second crack at them at the Cattery.

Right now we need to focus on 13 wins. This will help, but a Selwood-Ablett Cats side is still bloody dangerous.
Is Ablett even right to play? Hasn't played a JLT game

Me and David King hey. Nah was pretty obvious though we were on occasion kicking it through the true CHF spot which I haven't seen for a decade. Not a heap of switches either it was all about backing each other one on one. Think we are trying to mitigate the Richmond press in anticipation teams are copying it by going straight over the top and making the defenders defend. That's where the balance comes between the first half against the saints and the second because the saints sat back and let us kick long. That's where we have to show patience or at least tackle the tigs and get shots away

Good pick up.

There was no coicendence last year our better kicking games was when we played our best footy - the crows game. But when we were doing the handball ring a Rosie it was out poorer performances- hawks, North

I don’t think it was an intentional thing, to go out and handball more at times more so a young group still maturing with their game plan.

The better we control the ball by foot the better we play - and fewer goals will be leaked out the back too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back