FB: Vlastuin.....Grimes.....Broad
HB: Houli........Astbury.....Stack
C: Ellis............Prestia......Edwards
HF:Caddy.........Lynch.......Lambert
FF: Rioli.........Riewoldt.....Castagna
R: Nank.........Dusty........Cotchin

Int: Graham....Bolton....Soldo.....KMac

Emg from: Short, Chol, Ross, Pickett, Naish

Based on the best 22 I've picked for the finals this is the VFL side that would be available minus Grigg(retired) Higgins(obviously) & Rance who I don't believe will be risked.

B: DES Garthwaite Miller
HB: Baker Balta KMac
C: Turner RCD Naish
HF: Aarts Chol Weller
F: Butler Moore Townsend
R: CCJ Ross Pickett
INT: Markov Menadue English
That sides beating the suns by 8-10 goal.

I dont know why anyone would think it'd be ever an idea to throw Lynch into the ruck. Just no.

I was furious when Jack was taking ruck contests this year, which ended up with him breaking his wrist.

Lunch in the ruck is a big no for the same reason as no for Jack in the ruck, they are both rolls royces and you don't use a rolls royce in the ruck.

Having seen a lot of CCJ this year, he would be my surprise "IN" as 2nd ruck. IMO he looks ready for the step up. He doesn't fade in and out and is always focussed and looking to get involved. Cholly's offensive game is great especially his kicking boots but I do see Cholly "loiter" a lot during games and feel he needs to improve his off ball positioning and get involved more.

No Ellis (I know I'm dreaming right) but I think Pickett is a more than suitable if not, over qualified replacement. Pickett is much more versatile and adds a truckload more starch. He has a good outside game and has shown his distribution skills from deep inside packs. He can play anywhere on the ground! Just give him the job FFS! :p

Shorty does not inspire confidence down back. I know he is there to set up attacking raids but his boot of late hasn't been that damaging in fact its been...off. Put Stack back there and rotate him forward with Edwards.

KMac simply sprays the ball waaay too much...

here we go then.

Broad Astbury Vlaustin
Houli Grimes Stack
Bolton Martin Pickett
Riewoldt Lambert Edwards
Rioli Lynch Castagna
Nank Prestia Cotchin

Ross, Caddy, Graham, CCJ

Ellis, Naish, Chol, Kmac

I know it won't happen but IMO that's a bloody hard n fast team with enough class to knock over any one!

Tell me "I'm Dreamin'" that's OK ;)

Last edited:
Having seen a lot of CCJ this year he would be my surprise "IN" over Chol as 2nd ruck. He is always bridged into the game. Cholly's offensive game is great especially his kick but I do see Cholly "loiter" a lot during games and feel he needs to improve his off ball positioning.

No Ellis (I know I'm dreaming right) but I think Pickett is a more than suitable if not, over qualified replacement. Pickett is much more versatile and adds a truckload more starch. He has a great outside game and has shown his fast twitch distribution skills deep inside packs. He can play anywhere on the ground and is a boon asset. Just give him the job FFS!

Shorty does not inspire confidence down back. I know he is there to set up attacking raids but his boot of late hasn't been that damaging in fact its been...off. I would stick with Baker becacuse I think its more economical for us to limit opposition smalls who are back in vogue thanks to us. If he clicks and connects down back then we have a real weapon. I just can't see that kind of ceiling with Short.

here we go then.

Broad Astbury Baker
Houli Grimes Vlaustin
Bolton Martin Pickett
Edwards Riewoldt Lambert
Rioli Lynch Castagna
Nank Prestia Cotchin

Ross, Caddy, Graham, CCJ

Ellis, Naish, Chol, Kmac

I know it won't happen but IMO that's a bloody hard n fast team with enough class to knock over any one!

Is CCJ a smokey to take Chol's position. He is in really good form in the VFL. Probably not but maybe.

Having seen a lot of CCJ this year, he would be my surprise "IN" as 2nd ruck. IMO he looks ready for the step up. He doesn't fade in and out and is always focussed and looking to get involved. Cholly's offensive game is great especially his kicking boots but I do see Cholly "loiter" a lot during games and feel he needs to improve his off ball positioning and get involved more.

No Ellis (I know I'm dreaming right) but I think Pickett is a more than suitable if not, over qualified replacement. Pickett is much more versatile and adds a truckload more starch. He has a good outside game and has shown his distribution skills from deep inside packs. He can play anywhere on the ground! Just give him the job FFS! :p

Shorty does not inspire confidence down back. I know he is there to set up attacking raids but his boot of late hasn't been that damaging in fact its been...off. I would stick with Baker becacuse I think its more economical for us to limit opposition smalls who are back in vogue thanks to us. If he clicks and connects down back then we have a real weapon. I just can't see that kind of ceiling with Short.

here we go then.

Broad Astbury Baker
Houli Grimes Vlaustin
Bolton Martin Pickett
Edwards Riewoldt Lambert
Rioli Lynch Castagna
Nank Prestia Cotchin

Ross, Caddy, Graham, CCJ

Ellis, Naish, Chol, Kmac

Needs more Stack!

Baker is a terrible defender in my opinion. Forward line or VFL. Surely Ellis plays before Pickett. Surely Chol plays before CCJ. Otherwise...

FB: Vlastuin Astbury Grimes
HB: Houli Broad Short
C: Edwards Cotchin Bolton
HF: Riewoldt Rioli Lambert
FF: Castagna Lynch Caddy
FOLL: Nankervis Martin Prestia
INT: Graham Chol Pickett Stack

will win the flag easy with that side

i'd have kmac the chaos prince in for caddy or pickett tho

Broad Grimes Astbury
Shed Flossy Houli
Pickett Ross Bolton
Stack Castagna Rioli
Jack Lynch Dusty

Nank Prestia Lambert

Int: Cotchin Graham Caddy *

* last spot from Chol/Soldo/CCJ if they want a tall Kmac/Bellis if they want a runner half back/wing or Baker/Short /Butler if they want a pressure/long kicking small.

BB: Broad Astbury Floss
HB: Wiz Grimes Houli
C: Kmac Cotchin Bolton
HF: Stack Lunch Lambo
FF: George Riewoldt Rioli

R: Nank Prestia Dusty

Int: Chol Graham Caddy Pickett/Ross/Ellis/Short

Obviously the last few games will dictate those last few spots up for grabs. I've gone Kmac, as his body and game has stood up in finals before and I think he's versatile.

I really want Ross in the team, and hope he pushes in, but pharked if I know who to drop for him at this stage? Maybe Graham?

Could be well off here, but I feel Pickett, Ellis and Short are vying for the same spot (extra HBF/wing type). Personally I'd take Ellis over Short, and I'm hoping the hype is real and the fence proves himself good enough to go right passed these two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back