Analysis Best 22 for 2019?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it a round 1 selection or a best 22 selection based on previous years?
The article is about sides' Round 1 team. Other teams have players with an asterisk if they're in the best 22 but expected to be unavailable for the season opener.

I guess nobody has revisited this thread out of respect for Majak. But it does have an effect on the team, particularly in defense and back up ruckman. McKay would be a lock now you would think. Durdin comes into calculations now too I suppose?
We will really miss Majak's intercept marking and pinch hitting on the ball.

This is obviously assuming Majak doesn't make it back for some time, which going on what has been reported seems likely.

Get well soon Maj

I guess nobody has revisited this thread out of respect for Majak. But it does have an effect on the team, particularly in defense and back up ruckman. McKay would be a lock now you would think. Durdin comes into calculations now too I suppose?

This is obviously assuming Majak doesn't make it back for some time, which going on what has been reported seems likely.

Get well soon Maj
Yeah I reckon Mckay plays every game now if fit.

Get well soon Maj

I don't even want to think about this now.

I didn't want to be the one to bring it up. Timing isn't right.

Other people can if they like but right now, personally, I want to think about Maj getting healthy, not the huge hole his loss has left in the side.

I don't even want to think about this now.
Completely agree, ferbs.

I think this might be the first time I've actually visited other football-related threads since it happened. I just have no appetite to talk about footy atm. I can't even begin to imagine how the players are feeling about the prospect of fronting up to training.

Fair enough. I

Fair enough. It had to be raised eventually. Apologies if it has offended anyone.
No offense taken here mate, I think people will join these discussions when they are ready. There are no rules as to how people deal with all of this, it is up to the individual.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've spent the last few months wondering how Brad was going to fit McKay into the side, so it's really not that interesting of a topic to discuss.

I meant more in the terms of Majak now being unavailable.
I guess there's never going to be a 'right' time to approach that question, but I really don't think we have to. We can probably draw our own conclusions closer to season proper and just see what happens.

We all know where Maj stands in a team-perspective and that will never change, but there are more important things in life than football.

From a Roar article:

Best 22

FB: Ed Vickers-Willis, Ben McKay, Marley Williams

HB: Jamie Macmillan, Robbie Tarrant, Jasper Pittard

C: Jared Polec, Ben Jacobs, Trent Dumont

HF: Shaun Higgins, Mason Wood, Jy Simpkin

FF: Taylor Garner, Ben Brown, Jack Ziebell

R: Todd Goldstein, Jed Anderson, Ben Cunnington

IC: Paul Ahern, Aaron Hall, Shaun Atley, Dom Tyson

EMG: Scott Thompson, Luke McDonald, Tom Wilkinson, Luke Davies-Uniacke

^ Majak Daw was not considered for the best 22 given recent events.

From a Roar article:

Best 22

This team looks pretty close to it.

From a Roar article:

Best 22

Pretty good except for Turner & Wright.

Thommo will definitely be starting 18, and I expect B-Mac will ease in around the ground and relieve in the ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back