Analysis Best 22 for 2019?

Remove this Banner Ad

You would think Mckay is a lock now. I would have preferred Daw forward to give McKay an opportunity anyway so there is no change to my preferred backline.

I also liked Daw forward because I felt at times last year Brown needed another key target to help him out and make us not so one dimensional. So Larkey is the one on the radar now.

Time to break out the Tom Toms.

Yeah well, it sort of defeats the Goldy running man aspect.

BBB & B-Mac are going to be sharing the load I guess.

Majak was a major weapon as a second ruckman, small-ball with Ziebell out of the goal square isn’t the worst thing especially if Brown gets bogged down like he did in the second half of the season. He’s got the tank for it.

McKay is clearly big enough to chop out as well. He could replace Majak’s role in all aspects if needed.

McKays importance sky rocketed this week
Just hope he doesn’t believe it’ll happen for him. Needs to put the hard yards in
Waite and Majak basically gone from our best 22 is a glaring hole

McKays importance sky rocketed this week
Just hope he doesn’t believe it’ll happen for him. Needs to put the hard yards in
Waite and Majak basically gone from our best 22 is a glaring hole
How far away from senior footy is Xerri if Goldy got injured, or needed a break?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKay / larkey to be given more opportunities- both are ruck height.

Goldy better keep on being goldy and play all game.

He's arguably our most valuable player now.

If only we could turn back the Preuss clock now.

Majak was a major weapon as a second ruckman, small-ball with Ziebell out of the goal square isn’t the worst thing especially if Brown gets bogged down like he did in the second half of the season. He’s got the tank for it.

McKay is clearly big enough to chop out as well. He could replace Majak’s role in all aspects if needed.

I really liked the way Majak would ruck at times he'd give it a firm basketball approach strong taps out of the centre bounce compared to Goldsteins deft touch push into players, it created a real sense of unpredictability and contrast of playstyle.

Its gonna be hard to replace that, it sucks we've lost that hard edge to our ruck game with Preuss & now Majak.

How far away from senior footy is Xerri if Goldy got injured, or needed a break?
Raw
Extremely raw
The theory of ruckman taking time is all to do with the fact they will be up against 100+ kilo giants and a rookie or string-bean Rick will get monstered
We will kill his confidence before he establishes himself

I really liked the way Majak would ruck at times he'd give it a firm basketball approach strong taps out of the centre bounce compared to Goldsteins deft touch push into players, it created a real sense of unpredictability and contrast of playstyle.

Its gonna be hard to replace that, it sucks we've lost that hard edge to our ruck game with Preuss & now Majak.

His leap at the ruck contest definitely gave us options against the bigger bodied rucks that could push Goldy off the contest (Gawn)..

It depends as till March we can add a player to our list if as expected Maj does not play this season.I suspect North will be in talks with the AFL. Maybe chase a backman from the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back