Remove this Banner Ad

B: Williams – Tarrant – Vickers-Willis
HB: Macmillan – Thompson – McDonald
C: Polec – Higgins – Hall
HF: Simpkin – Wood - Atley
F: Ziebell – Brown – Zurhaar
R: Goldstein – Cunnington – Jacobs
Int: Tyson – Anderson – Dumont – Ahern

That’s probably the best collective midfield I have seen at North. If Anderson, Ahern and Simpkin are all fighting fit and show a decent level of improvement then watch out.

Squeezed out:
Turner – Wright – Hrovat

Next cab/s off the rank:
Pittard - McKay – Walker – Davies-Uniacke

EVW and Zurhaar are two that I reckon will come on like a bomb this year and be best 22, replacing Wright and Turner respectively. The latter two made find it difficult to make their way back in with more pressure coming from the likes of Pittard and Walker.

McKay will be given opportunity and may be very hard to dislodge. Either way it is highly likely that this will be Thompson’s last year, so McKay will need to be blooded at some point.

Davies-Uniacke will be first mid to come in for any mid/flanker injuries.
No meh for Garner?

Oh yeah.

If fit, he plays. Who for? Dunno....

-Daw and Turner the only promoted rookies on the main list. I reckon this must be among the lowest in the league. Not that it matters as much with the rules these days.
We have committed to upgrading Zurhaar and Murphy in their extensions last year so it’s kind of 4. Could do better tho, yeah.

We have committed to upgrading Zurhaar and Murphy in their extensions last year so it’s kind of 4. Could do better tho, yeah.
McKenzie and Wilkinson are good candidates to join them in future imo. I think our rookie drafting has improved considerable in the last few years.

B: EVW, Tarrant, Williams
HB: McMillan, McKay, Thompson
C: Dumont, Cunners, Polec
HF: Simpkin, Wood, Anderson
F: Ziebell, Brown, Atley
Foll: Goldy, Higgins, Jacobs
Int: Hall, Mcdonald, Tyson, Ahern
Emg: Wright, Turner, Pittard

I honestly can’t remember a best 22 that’s so tough to do

B: EVW Tarrant M.Williams
HB: Wright McKay Macmillan
C: Higgins Jacobs Polec
HF: Garner Ziebell Simpkin
F: Wood Brown Atley
Foll: Goldstein, Cunners, Tyson
Int: Hall, Dumont, Anderson, Ahern
Emer: Thompson, LDU, Turner, LMac, Wilkinson, Durdin, Pittard

I think this is a really solid Round 1 side :)
I don't know about the side, but I'm with you to the extent that I hope McKay gets a chance (if pre season performances warrant it).

Hardest side to pick since 2014.

EVW Tarrant Williams
Hall mckay Thompson*
Dumont higgins Polec
Simpkin wood jz
Garner brown Walker
Goldie Cunners Jacobs

Anderson, ahern, Lmac, Tyson.

Jmac, Atley, turner, Wright, pittard are all good depth.

*for round 1 I would play durdin

I feel like I can trust all 22 of those blokes to make the right decision with ball in hand. On the flip side all are fairly accountable when the other team has it. It’s nice having a team where Jacobs and Goldie aren’t the only 2 way runners. I have assumed LDU, Thomas and Scott aren’t ready however if they have the runs on the board in the offseason I am not against getting them in. Match committee will be a tough gig in 2019

I spent far too much time on that best 22 article on the club site. It's genuinely hard to pick a best 22. There's at least 5 blokes that will be considered unlucky every week. For mine it was Wright, Ahern, Pittard, Garner, and LDU. But then I thought I was an idiot because how could a fit Garner, Ahern, and Pittard not get in the side?

Exciting times though.

B: EVW - Tarrant - Williams
HB: Macmillan- McKay - McDonald
C: Dumont - Jacobs - Polec
HF: Atley - Wood - Hall
F: Ziebell - Brown - Simpkin
RR: Goldy - Cunnington - Higgins
I/C: Ahern - Tyson - Anderson - Pittard

Higgins to rotate with Hall through half forward. Simpkin seems the odd one out if he wants midfield time and I’m not sold on him being a full time forward either. Walker is coming back from injury, Zurhaar is back in the pecking order and likewise LDU. Atley is on thin ice and pittard is there because we need the rebound. Garner is in for Atley if fit and firing.

I think Durdin or Mckay will be required round 1 vs Fremantle.

They will likely play the big 3 Taberner, Lobb and Hogan with Sandilands or Darcy as a ruck.

I dont think EVW on Hogans the right way to go but thats just my opinion.

Extremely good depth in this best 22. Big fans of Simpkin, Anderson. Hard to fit in Turner, Atley and Garner. 1 probably unlucky - I feel unless a superb JLT... garner will be asked to find some confidence and continuity in the 2s early on especially with Ziebell, Wood and Brown already forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not going to comment on the other shiny new toys, but I'd like to think Hall gets a game for no other reason than he's a jet who absolutely fills a need/immediately improves the side, and has (thus far, anyway) been impressing the coaching staff/selectors in the pre-season.

But hey, perhaps I'm being naive

View attachment 612374
Round 1.
Thompson Suspended and Maj injured

Next in line Atley, Wright, LDU, Macmillan, Wilkinson, Hrovat

Wanted Atley at hbf but the site wouldn’t allow it
Not at all your fault but not being able to see names wrecked me for a little bit. Just about recognised everyone from initials though. Good work.

View attachment 612374
Round 1.

That's a pretty good side. Go close. J-Mac will play ahead of Murphy.

View attachment 612374
Round 1.

I like it. Agree with Snake that MacMillan will play before Murphy (although I would much prefer Murph).

I'd also love to see Z or Will Walker in early but I'd be surprised to see either of them in the side round one, Atley will probably get first go (again).

I like it. Agree with Snake that MacMillan will play before Murphy (although I would much prefer Murph).

I'd also love to see Z or Will Walker in early but I'd be surprised to see either of them in the side round one, Atley will probably get first go (again).
Zurhaar and Walker are both rehabbing from long term injuries. They'll need some footy under their belts I'd think.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cam is almost the forgotten man, such is the improvement in our list.

Struggling to remember when we had this level of depth since the turn of the century.

View attachment 612374
Round 1.

You're missing a certain amphibian in your best 18, let alone bench, let alone 'next in line' list, tZ. Otherwise that looks a decent side, but I would be surprised if Scott doesn't play Atley and JMac as long-term favourites, and Pittard as a new recruit.

Your team does raise an interesting point though, especially as they're your whipping boys, but Wright and JMac are clearly favourites of Scott, and he usually always plays new recruits, which means Pittard. But it seems as though there's no way that all those three as well as LMac, and as well as EVW fit in the same side.

Gives me a funny feeling that perhaps EVW will be the one to make way to accommodate that, which I wouldn't want to see at all considering I think EVW is our best medium defender.

NM 22.jpg

Loving the look of this side for round 1. Scott Thompson is suspended (Ben McKay in), and Majak Daw sadly injured. If Hall and Polec get going from the get go, this will be mouth watering! Jacobs in the centre is huge.

The medium forward situation is interesting.

Walker, Ziebell, Atley, Zurhaar, Garner, TT and Taylor can all play that medium forward role and each offer something a little bit different.

Walker - Big wraps on him, fast, smart and has a lot of improvement left in him.
Ziebell - Gun, needs to straighten his goal kicking on last year's form.
Atley - Offers pace and did ok in the half-forward role. Better watch out for Walker/Zurhaar/Garner coming for his spot.
Zurhaar - Pure X-factor, power forward and pure shinboner.
Garner - If on the park, he's automatic best 22, the accumlative HF that we need.
TT - Pure x-factor, tackles hard and offers a midfield option.
Taylor - Pure power forward, a less refined Zurhaar type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back