Port Adelaide
Harbrow - R.Thompson - S.Collins
P.Hanley - Hombsch - L.Weller
Murdoch - D.Swallow - Lukoscious
Corbett - S.Day - J.Martin
Ainsworth - P.Wright - Rankine
Witts - W.Brodie - T.Miller

Bench: Fiorini, A.Miles, J.Bowes and whoever else waats to play

Ballard showed great signs and you seem to lack a little across half back. Wont surprise me if we see Jez Mclennan though in round 1

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Harbrow - R.Thompson - S.Collins
P.Hanley - Hombsch - L.Weller
Murdoch - D.Swallow - Lukoscious
Corbett - S.Day - J.Martin
Ainsworth - P.Wright - Rankine
Witts - W.Brodie - T.Miller

Bench: Fiorini, A.Miles, J.Bowes and whoever else waats to play

Ballard showed great signs and you seem to lack a little across half back. Wont surprise me if we see Jez Mclennan though in round 1
Pretty good team overall. Ballard on bench at moment for me but early season injuries may cause adjustments. Still a few others that may force their way on to the ground based on pre season form. Interesting times and if they all play up to standard we may even climb the ladder a few notches to the surprise of all down south. Time will tell.

gcsunsfc

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
From that pre-season match scrimmage it sounded like Ainsworth did well on a wing, Jack Martin playing on ball (yes please!), Corbett up forward.

Iva Bigun

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
From that pre-season match scrimmage it sounded like Ainsworth did well on a wing, Jack Martin playing on ball (yes please!), Corbett up forward.
If Martian asks to go to Essendon next year and they parted with next years first to get Sheil it’s going to be a sh!t fight

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Does anyone worry about Jacks size and physicality in the midfield for a full season? Nothing on him but can his body handle it?
A full season on the inside would surely take a toll on his body you would think with all the crash and bash that goes with it.

Ideally he would split his time between midfield/forward line like Dusty/Danger/Fyfe where we can put him 1v1 in the 50 where he would be a difficult match up, but we still take advantage of his skill and class in the middle.

Really want Jack to hit his potential starting this season. Still has the ability to rip the competition open.

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agree but that’s the point Essendon are notorious to deal with and we have laid over in the past (Saad)
I certainly would have preferred Saady to stay at the Suns, but given the circumstances I thought we got a pretty fair deal for him. I highly doubt any other club would have offered more than a second round pick for him even if we had the option to trade him elsewhere.
Compared to some the trades we have been forced to make with other clubs I thought Essendon were relatively fair and professional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Does anyone worry about Jacks size and physicality in the midfield for a full season? Nothing on him but can his body handle it?
I think he can handle it. Maybe if he is in the middle all season he misses a game or two for recovery. Lets be honest though, he's also one of our most dangerous forwards AND defenders. As soon as somebody goes down injured he will be the first person moved from the midfield to fill the gap.

TheSunGod

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Team Buakaw Golovkin
I can't see Martin full time inside midfielder. Just does not have a body for it. He could split time there with Ainsworth.
I think he's more value to us as an outside mid. Yeah rotating with Benny and Bowesy between wing, HF and the centre would be a nice mix and keep the opposition on their toes.

Top Bottom