Prediction Best 22 for 2019

Peel67skin

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
With two likely top ten picks, you should potentially be looking at pairing two of the Oakleigh boys if possible.

What do believe are your team needs at seasons end?
Speedy Mid with reasonable endurance , I got a strong feeling Jack Martin going to another team if GC don’t show improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheSunGod

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Team Buakaw Golovkin
All good. Every clubs board has a different character, and what might fly or have one meaning on one clubs board, might not be acceptable or have a different meaning on another clubs board.

I don't interact on other clubs boards. Only here, for that sense of QLD camaraderie. And also because I'm a draft junkie, and over the past couple of years GC has drafted some of the kids I've been very high on. I spent all of 2016 talking up Ainsworth on the Lions board, only to see him land at GC. I spent all of 2017 & most of 2018 talking up Rankine on the Lions board, only to see him land at GC as well.

I also like discussing how teams build a list, and have an interest in trading and drafting from that perspective. So GC starting at the bottom and rebuilding their list is interesting to me. Both for what happens on the field and off the field. Putting the right coaches in place, the right player development coaches,
a teams recruitment team philosophy and draft history, also with Brisbane and GC, the importance of the welfare department and the role they play in settling in draftees and their interactions with players families.

Unlikely that you would, but if you every have the time, it's interesting to listen to the Lions podcast when our head of player welfare, Andrew Crowell, is on. We have a private FB group for players parents, called Parents of the Pride. One thing our team does is live stream our training sessions for parents to watch their boys train and interact with after training.

I'm sure GC do something similar, but as I don't read your club site or follow the Suns on social media, I'm not sure how much work your player welfare department does. Only info get is what I read here. So if I'm making a comment, it's purely based of what your clubs posters are saying.
According to the Coch on AFL360 the other night, after Dewey and Haines had a year to assess our football department, we’ve beefed up our player welfare area from one employee to now having seven personnel, the most in the league. With the obvious aim of maximising retention.

Prochard123

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey! Just wondering if Corbett is in ur best 22 straight away when he does fully recover? If so, which round might we see him playing for you guys?

GCStormie

Team Captain
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
Hey! Just wondering if Corbett is in ur best 22 straight away when he does fully recover? If so, which round might we see him playing for you guys?
Id say it depends on how the bigger guys that are selected goes. I don't think he's walkup and will have to demonstrate he's a better option than a burgess for instance. I don't think the ball is entirely in his court.

Jirik13

Club Legend
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Id say it depends on how the bigger guys that are selected goes. I don't think he's walkup and will have to demonstrate he's a better option than a burgess for instance. I don't think the ball is entirely in his court.
Agree, if Burgess, Lukosius perform he got to wait.

Top Bottom