Prediction Best 22 for 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

The same as Brisbane and Southport are saying...........;););)
Really Embarassing both club make it to GF and yet GCS had long list of injured players. Only If so and so not injured GC can beat them . :greenalien:

Just having a look at our forward line options for next year and who could possibly be coming in next year, I hope we roll with something like this

HF- Sexton, Corbett/Burgess, Luskious*
FF- Martin, Wright, Rankine*

If we get enough ball down there we’ve got plenty of options both on the ground and in the air

Just having a look at our forward line options for next year and who could possibly be coming in next year, I hope we roll with something like this

If we get enough ball down there we’ve got plenty of options both on the ground and in the air
I think if Ben Ainsworth can settle down front instead of having to do max time through the middle he should be forward pocket

This is pretty similar to what I thought our best forward line might look like. The only issue is it is not the most defensive front 6 IMO so we might leak a bit as soon as the ball hits the deck. Ainsworth and a Holman/DMac May get the nod ahead of a couple of others if they don’t work hard enough on locking the ball in.

I would worry about fielding too many first year 18 year old players early on, I would only want to field 1 at the most. Especially with our more winnable games early on. Obviously if they train well and earn it more power to them. But against the Saints Round 1, I would want a nice experienced big bodied team out there.

Hi Guys..

Im a Melbourne boy who lived on the coast half my life and all my kids where born there.

I am one Vic person who believes in your team.

Stewy is a gun coach and will turn it around.

B. Harbrow Thompson Hombse
HB. Hanley Collins Horlin-Smith
C . Weller Swallow Miller
HF. Sexton Day Ainsworth
FF Rankine Wright Corbett

R. Witts Martin brodie

Inter - lukosius Miles Lemmens King

X Factor-Ainsworth,Rankine,Martin

I love this team and now your playing at home all year on a fast track this team will be hard to beat

Now good luck tonight Lukosiuos ,Rankine,King is the best draft pick up since Buddy and roughy

B: Harbrow - Thompson - Ballard
HB: Hombsch - Collins - Hanley
C: Weller - Swallow - Fiorini
HF: Rankine - Wright - Martin
F: Ainsworth - Corbett - Sexton
FOLL: Witts - Miller - Brodie
INT: Lukosius - Miles - Day - Holman

EMER: Ellis - Young - King

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Collins - Thompson - Joyce
Hanley - Hombsch - Harbrow
Weller - Swallow (C) - Lukosius
Corbett - Wright - Rankine
Sexton - Martin - Ainsworth

Witts - Miller (VC) - Fiorini

Inter: Miles - Bowes - Brodie - Murdoch

Post Draft:

In:
Rankine
Lukosius

Out:
Holman
George Horlin Smith

I know throwing in 2 untried draft picks straight in is dicing with danger, but these 2 I reckon will be there round 1.

Rankine will only need 10 touches to change the game. I like Lukosius on the wing as he is out of the hustle on the forward line and should have some space to move about and use his feet. This will obviously change heading into Round 1, but our team actually has a bit of excitement about it. Still light on in the guts, but I'm liking the look of it.

Our NEAFL team is looking good.

Burgess - King - Ballard
McLennen - Leslie - Ah Chee
Lemmens - GHS - Schoenfeld
Powell - Day - Holman
Macphearson - Crossley - Young

Nicholls - Scheer - Dawson

Inter: Nutting - Rischitelli - Heron - Ellis - Wigg - Graham

That isn't including draft picks tomorrow to fill out those spaces, overall if we keep everyone fit there is some ok depth there.

Last edited:
Collins - Thompson - Joyce
Hanley - Hombsch - Harbrow
Weller - Swallow (C) - Lukosius
Corbett - Wright - Rankine
Sexton - Martin - Ainsworth

Witts - Miller (VC) - Fiorini

Inter: Miles - Bowes - Brodie - Murdoch

Post Draft:

In:
Rankine
Lukosius

Out:
Holman
George Horlin Smith

I know throwing in 2 untried draft picks straight in is dicing with danger, but these 2 I reckon will be there round 1.

Rankine will only need 10 touches to change the game. I like Lukosius on the wing as he is out of the hustle on the forward line and should have some space to move about and use his feet. This will obviously change heading into Round 1, but our team actually has a bit of excitement about it. Still light on in the guts, but I'm liking the look of it.

Our NEAFL team is looking good.

Burgess - King - Ballard
Wigg - Leslie - Ah Chee
Lemmens - GHS - Schoenfeld
Powell - Day - Holman
Macphearson - Crossley - Young

Nicholls - Scheer - Dawson

Inter: Nutting - Rischitelli - Heron - ???

That isn't including draft picks tomorrow to fill out those spaces, overall if we keep everyone fit there is some ok depth there.

Missing Ellis

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Harbrow - Thompson - Joyce / Ballard
Weller - Collins - Hanley
Fiorini - Swallow - Bowes
Sexton - Corbett - Martin
Rankine - Wright - Ainsworth

Witts - Brodie - Miller

Lukosius - Miles - McPherson - Murdoch

E: Ah Chee - Hombsch - Holman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Harbrow, Thompson, Joyce
HB: McLennan, Collins, Ballard
C: Bowes, Swallow, Lukosius
HF: Sexton, Wright, Weller
F: Rankine, Day, MacPherson
R: Witts, Fiorini, Brodie
I/C: Miller, Ah Chee, Martin, Ainsworth, Miles

Collins - Thompson - Harbrow
Hanley - King - Murdoch
Weller - Swallow - Fiorini
Lukosius - Wright - Rankine
Sexton - Corbett - Ainsworth

Witts - Miller - Martin

Inter: Miles - Bowes - Brodie - Ballard

Joyce - Hombsch - Ellis
McLennen - Burgess - Ah Chee
Dawson - GHS - Schoenfeld
Powell - Day - Holman
Lemmens - Crossley - Young

Nicholls - Scheer - Macphearson

Inter: Nutting - Rischitelli - Heron - Wigg - Graham - Leslie

Would rotate Martin, Ainsworth and Rankine through the centre square to give a bit of class and burst.

Being in a rebuild phase I would be prioritising getting Ballard and King into the side and getting games into them if they are close enough to being ready as they are the future. The idea of being able to swing King forward / Lukosius back depending on match ups would really add something to the team, well something that Day was suppose to be able to do but now after 8 years he will really have to prove it to earn his spot in the team.

Looking at the NEAFL team you can see the lack of quality depth through the midfield.

Hanley - King - Murdoch

Witts - Miller - Martin

Joyce - Hombsch - Ellis
Powell - Day - Holman

Would rotate Martin, Ainsworth and Rankine through the centre square to give a bit of class and burst.

Being in a rebuild phase I would be prioritising getting Ballard and King into the side and getting games into them if they are close enough to being ready as they are the future. The idea of being able to swing King forward / Lukosius back depending on match ups would really add something to the team, well something that Day was suppose to be able to do but now after 8 years he will really have to prove it to earn his spot in the team.

Looking at the NEAFL team you can see the lack of quality depth through the midfield.
I like you AFL team , only few position I think is up for grabs or uncertain .
As much I like hanley , he hardly play and he is 30 next year will likely end up like Risca in 2020 , I don't think his contract is cheap either ..

I like you AFL team , only few position I think is up for grabs or uncertain .
As much I like hanley , he hardly play and he is 30 next year will likely end up like Risca in 2020 , I don't think his contract is cheap either ..

If he doesn't have a good year he could be done and even if he had a reasonable year I think we would only retain him if the money was right given his age.

If he doesn't have a good year he could be done and even if he had a reasonable year I think we would only retain him if the money was right given his age.
I agree , CC maybe through his experience with GWS and now GCS is pretty tight/restricted on TPP.

Hanley - King - Murdoch

Witts - Miller - Martin

Joyce - Hombsch - Ellis
Powell - Day - Holman

My man! If there is a better poster on here I haven't seen him/her... another stellar year OB..
Absolutely can not disagree with this post one smidge!
Making me think if we don't get our normal run of injuries we can challenge for the 8, so wooden spoon here we come!

Couldn't find a spot for Hanley, or an oversight?
Just a draft anyway. It's Joyce who I keep putting in and taking out. The thing is you can just tell that we'll use 40 odd players again, but regardless of injury because form is unsustainable. The younger players will be managed, the newest players will take time to gel and the incumbent guys are the ones who will ultimately have first shot. See who Dew's 12 month players are, both in fitness and who'll be looking for a new club next year.

My man! If there is a better poster on here I haven't seen him/her... another stellar year OB..
Absolutely can not disagree with this post one smidge!
Making me think if we don't get our normal run of injuries we can challenge for the 8, so wooden spoon here we come!

Oh Greendogg your making me blush :blush:

Who will be our McKenzie Willis now? Needs to be a kid that's flying under the radar but a chance to come good - For now it's hard for me to split Powell or this new kid Jizz McLovin - be interesting to see how Burgess goes as well.

Oh Greendogg your making me blush :blush:

Who will be our McKenzie Willis now? Needs to be a kid that's flying under the radar but a chance to come good - For now it's hard for me to split Powell or this new kid Jizz McLovin - be interesting to see how Burgess goes as well.
I'm a big fan of Powell, i think he could be special... as for the 3 new mature agers we were granted.. it's the most intriguing thing about the Suns 2019 season... if one can have a Liam Ryan type impact (all be it in a completely different way) It will make a huge difference to our season.. we are desperate for three things..
1. The injuries gods to give us a fu'kin break.
2. A bit of natural progression from Brodie, Bowes and Ainsworth in particular..
3. One and preferably 2 of the new mature agers to not only hold down best 22 spot but to excell.
And now I think about,
4. Two of Ellis, Murdoch, Hombsch, Horlin-Smith and Miles to make their former teams pissed that they let them go..

Hanley - King - Murdoch

Witts - Miller - Martin

Joyce - Hombsch - Ellis
Powell - Day - Holman

I'm actually excited for this season after seeing this. I like your setup.

Very young age demographic obviously but not looking too bad on paper. Didnt see ah chee in many best 22s but hopefully he can start to find some consistency. Seems enough experienced bigger bodies as depth and cover in the 2's but definitely a good call to play rankine, king, luko, ballard etc as much as possible i would've thought. Got absolutely stooged this year with your facilities, travel schedule and your captain's constantly injured, suspended and in the media constantly about changing teams. Hopefully your team can have a good fair crack at it next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back