Prediction Best 22 for 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Just wait until it gets released until you believe me, just passing on the information I was told.
Fair enough, Hopefully you understand the amount of salt we have to take this information with at its current "rumor" status.

With all due respect of course :)

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Think you owe old mate an apology there, BRM. Hamilton mentioned it in his article today.

Why would he owe him an apology? BRMs just doing his job. If you refuse to provide a source for a rumour of course it’s going to be questioned, and we’ve had many a case of opposition trolls coming in here with fake rumours in the past. It’s not like he questioned the posters integrity. He just requested a source for a rumour. Pretty standard?

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Why would he owe him an apology? BRMs just doing his job. If you refuse to provide a source for a rumour of course it’s going to be questioned, and we’ve had many a case of opposition trolls coming in here with fake rumours in the past. It’s not like he questioned the posters integrity. He just requested a source for a rumour. Pretty standard?
Summed it up nicely, my friend.

Shame about Corbett though, Hopefully he's back on the track soonish.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Worked well for Port.

But yes, I wonder when the announcement will be. The season launch is too late surely? They would have to have the candidate fairly solidly chosen at this point.
thought i read they were going to announce the leadership group at that event at HOTA, and announce the captain shortly afterwards?

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
With Corbett seemingly not ready for round 1 do we play a third tall forward?
Burgess played forward in the intraclub sim I believe - maybe he is in the mix
Or luko
Or we go with Martin as that third tall type

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
If we go a 3rd tall, just play Martin forward alongside Day and Wright.

No doubt he is the best forward option of the above 3.
Wonder structure wise whether that means less time playing in the middle..
I hope not - want to see him in there.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If the Bulliten report today is to be believed and the 5 that didn't participate in the intraclub are locks for Rd 1.

I'll also look to include the Bulletin B.O.G Callum Ah Chee into the squad after it looks like he ripped it to shreds today and may have played his way into Rd 1 contention, however, I don't think he would be a lock just quite yet.

I'll bold everyone I believe will be pretty much locks for Rd1, and anyone that remains unbolded is fighting for a place.

My best 22 would be looking something like this:

J.Joyce - R.Thompson - J.Harbrow
P.Hanley -
S.Collins - J.Murdoch
L.Weller - D.Swallow - J.Bowes
J.Martin - P.Wright - A.Sexton
B.Ainsworth
- S.Day - I.Rankine

J.Witts - A.Miles - T.Miller

C.Ah Chee - B.Fiorini - W.Brodie - G.Horlin-Smith

The team is getting harder to pick and I hope come round 1 it is almost impossible. That is a solid competitive team, may not win every game, but will be competitive on the field. As the year rolls on, look for the likes of King, Lukosius and McLennen to get involved.
I think you've pretty much nailed this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
It’s only pre-season hype, so I’m trying to temper expectations, but the AhChee talk has been a bit exciting. I have been leaving him out of best 22 or having him last picked on the bench because I wasn’t sure where he would settle on the field and was a bit worried about his consistency.
But it seems like has has settled around the high-half forward as a transition player? Getting him around the ball more and up the ground more.

Really hope this can be his year as he has such silky skills and can play 1-out forward and turn his defender inside out or take a big grab. Him and Martin rotating between there and the middle would be amazing.
Not to mention realising his potential would go a long way to helping the team win games.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
He is what? 4th year now, he needs to find a spot in this team and I think he will. Play HFF and show why he was a top 10 pick. Has shown he can kick a bag with 6 against the Crows previously. With Martin, Rankine and Ah Chee, there is going to be a bit of X Factor and excitement around our forward line. Add in leading goal kicker from last year Sexton and Wright hopefully clunking some big grabs we should be able to score if we can get the ball down there.

FAILTOSUCCEED

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How has Hanley’s preseason gone? I haven’t heard much at all, and he missed the latest practice game I believe. Is he fully fit?

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
C.Ballard - R.Thompson - J.Harbrow
P.Hanley - S.Collins - J.Murdoch
L.Weller
- D.Swallow - J.Bowes
B.Ainsworth
- C.Burgess - I.Rankine

C.Ah Chee - B.Fiorini - D.MacPherson - G.Horlin-Smith

In: C.Burgess, C.Ballard, D.MacPherson
Out: S.Day, W.Brodie, J.Joyce

So my team has changed slightly now JLT1 has come and gone.

Bolds (should be) locks for Round 1 if they are fit.

Changes included:
-Murdoch is now locked. A bit of loose disposal but was good for our kick outs with some run.
-Ballard made a believer out of me, he has actually displaced a locked in Joyce with his efforts. Jesse may come back in, but will need a strong performance against the Swans.
-Hanley now not a look because of the lack of game time. If Hanley doesn't come up for Rd1, Joyce or Powell will slot in for him.
-Burgess was a great performer so he displaces Day for me. The guy hits the score board and seems to be a good contested mark.
-Darcy Mac has to come in, easily could have had 4 goals. The bloke knows how to find the sticks.
-Brodie not really featuring heavily in the past practice games means he drops as well. Hopefully gets a good run against Sydney and can try and force his way back in.
-Powell the 23rd player, he has looked good. Another strong showing will hopefully look for him to put pressure on Ah Chee for his spot.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
C.Ballard - R.Thompson - J.Harbrow
P.Hanley - S.Collins - J.Murdoch
L.Weller
- D.Swallow - J.Bowes
B.Ainsworth
- C.Burgess - I.Rankine

C.Ah Chee - B.Fiorini - D.MacPherson - G.Horlin-Smith

In: C.Burgess, C.Ballard, D.MacPherson
Out: S.Day, W.Brodie, J.Joyce

So my team has changed slightly now JLT1 has come and gone.

Bolds (should be) locks for Round 1 if they are fit.

Changes included:
-Murdoch is now locked. A bit of loose disposal but was good for our kick outs with some run.
-Ballard made a believer out of me, he has actually displaced a locked in Joyce with his efforts. Jesse may come back in, but will need a strong performance against the Swans.
-Hanley now not a look because of the lack of game time. If Hanley doesn't come up for Rd1, Joyce or Powell will slot in for him.
-Burgess was a great performer so he displaces Day for me. The guy hits the score board and seems to be a good contested mark.
-Darcy Mac has to come in, easily could have had 4 goals. The bloke knows how to find the sticks.
-Brodie not really featuring heavily in the past practice games means he drops as well. Hopefully gets a good run against Sydney and can try and force his way back in.
-Powell the 23rd player, he has looked good. Another strong showing will hopefully look for him to put pressure on Ah Chee for his spot.
I like it.

I still think Lukosius will be in round 1 if he has enough endurance. He has elite kick, great decision. Burgess first and Bowes goals were set up by him. GHS could be out. I also believe we will play all Wright, Day, Burgess round 1. Hombsh is a lock. Tough decisions for Dew.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I like it.

I still think Lukosius will be in round 1 if he has enough endurance. He has elite kick, great decision. Burgess first and Bowes goals were set up by him. GHS could be out. I also believe we will play all Wright, Day, Burgess round 1. Hombsh is a lock. Tough decisions for Dew.
Lukosius is an absolutely steller kick. In my team if you played him you probably take Ah Chee out and just play Lukosius as a wing or high HF. Just think he is a little to slight at the moment, and would get pushed off the ball too easily.
I think GHS makes it for experience and midfield rotations, assuming he is fit.
Hombsch is interesting, you could play all 3 against St Kilda with their tall forwards, but against smaller teams you can't carry all 3.
As much as I would love to run 3 tall attackers, our skills are not good enough for it to work. If a ball misses it target and hits the deck those tall 3 don't put on enough pressure and the other team rebounds too easily.

As you have said Dew had some hard decisions to make, which is a good position to be.

JRyan23

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
B: Ballard - Thompson - Harbrow
HB: Hanley - Collins - Hombsch
C: Weller - Swallow - Powell/Ah Chee
HF: Martin - Wright - Ainsworth
F: Holman - Burgess - MacPherson
FOLL: Witts - Fiorini - Miller
INT: Bowes - Miles - Rankine - Sexton

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
hey lads, what role do you see martin playing this year? closer to goals? more mid time?

also who do you see as the back up ruck this year to big Wittsy
Martin definitely spends most of his time in mids this year.
And as for back up ruck if you mean during game its wright or day. But if he goes down with injury its slim pickings nichols is best of the lot but has been injured and hasn't played for a few years at the elite level. So crossley looks most likely.

Martin definitely spends most of his time in mids this year.
And as for back up ruck if you mean during game its wright or day. But if he goes down with injury its slim pickings nichols is best of the lot but has been injured and hasn't played for a few years at the elite level. So crossley looks most likely.
thanks mate

what would the expected top 5 goal kickers be at the suns be this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back