Prediction Best 22 for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Sharp goes more HBF then and Anderson to a wing/HFF
Hombsch comes in for Ballard.
If everyone fit would play Thompson, Collins, Ballard, Lukosius
Hombsch or Burgess in for Ballard

I would think Sharp is fair way back from the 22 - will see how it plays out.

Hombsch comes in for Ballard.
If everyone fit would play Thompson, Collins, Ballard, Lukosius
Hombsch or Burgess in for Ballard

I would think Sharp is fair way back from the 22 - will see how it plays out.

Surprising to hear that after a successful year in the WAFL, he's ready to play against men now... Well was 12 months ago.

Surprising to hear that after a successful year in the WAFL, he's ready to play against men now... Well was 12 months ago.
We'll see.
Looks like he had a couple of decent games in the WAFL.

Half back is definitely a bit of an area of need, need to also have a decent defensive side to your game, not sure of Sharps chops here.
Weller to play more upfield
Hanley injury prone
Lukosius will do well there this year
Maybe Bowes to play there a bit

After Weller experimental, Sharp going to play HB?.

Maybe Weller can go back to half back and add another avenue from kickins and Sharp onto a wing

I just think teams are lacking the 7th defender

If Ballard and Powell ain't playing round 1 it seems at least one of Anderson or Sharp will play in my opinion and I'd be picking youth ahead of a guy like Miles

But we will see and no doubt performance win Marsh series determines who gets the nod

Maybe Weller can go back to half back and add another avenue from kickins and Sharp onto a wing

I just think teams are lacking the 7th defender

If Ballard and Powell ain't playing round 1 it seems at least one of Anderson or Sharp will play in my opinion and I'd be picking youth ahead of a guy like Miles

But we will see and no doubt performance win Marsh series determines who gets the nod
We'll already have plenty of young guys in the best 22 - half the team played <50 games

<20 games: Rowell, Lukosius, King, Rankine, Brodie, Powell
20-50 games: Collins, Bowes, Fiorini, Ainsworth, Macpherson

+ others 24 yrs and under with <100 games who will play various roles in season - Burgess (14), Holman (43), Joyce (63), Wright (66), Lemmens (87), Weller (86)

Only 8 top 22 who have played >100 games
Witts (102), Thompson (102), Swallow (139), Sexton (119), Day (120), Ellis (176), Hanley (161), Harbrow (245)

We've struggled with having an ultra young team in the past. I think we're at a place now where our young guys can earn their games and probably play sparingly in the first year or so. Don't need to rush Sharp in unless he is the best player available.

I actually like Lemmens off of HF and through the middle, hard running and tackling. As long as he isn't required to pick short kicks off out of the backline he can be an asset.
He always seemed to me the most likely candidate to take Harbs role as linebreaking defender but yet to see evidence of great defensive skills
I bag him a bit but actually one of my favourite players

Going to be an interesting best 22 this year. Experience will need to be played as its a long year, but elite talent is now piling up and should start having an impact.

This group is going to be seriously good if they stay together: Lukosius, Rankine, Rowell, Anderson, King, Ainsworth, Brodie, Flanders, Fiorini, Bowes, Wright, Weller, Powell. Add in 2020 first rounder which will likely be pick 1 or 2.

Ballard and Powell injured?

J.Harbrow - R.Thompson - J.Lukosius
P.Hanley - S.Day - L.Weller

B.Ellis - D.Swallow - T.Miller
J.Witts - H.Greenwood - B.Fiorini

D.MacPherson - P.Wright - B.Ainsworth
A.Sexton - B.King - I.Rankine

M.Rowell - J.Bowes - N.Anderson - W.Brodie

Players rotating through: Flanders, Miles, Powell, Ballard, C.Ellis, Hombsch, Lemmens, Collins, Burgess, Joyce, McLennan
Players beyond that could possibly play: Corbett, GHS, Z.Smith, Holman, Murdoch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be an interesting best 22 this year. Experience will need to be played as its a long year, but elite talent is now piling up and should start having an impact.

This group is going to be seriously good if they stay together: Lukosius, Rankine, Rowell, Anderson, King, Ainsworth, Brodie, Flanders, Fiorini, Bowes, Wright, Weller, Powell. Add in 2020 first rounder which will likely be pick 1 or 2.

Ballard and Powell injured?

J.Harbrow - R.Thompson - J.Lukosius
P.Hanley - S.Day - L.Weller

B.Ellis - D.Swallow - T.Miller
J.Witts - H.Greenwood - B.Fiorini

D.MacPherson - P.Wright - B.Ainsworth
A.Sexton - B.King - I.Rankine

M.Rowell - J.Bowes - N.Anderson - W.Brodie

Players rotating through: Flanders, Miles, Powell, Ballard, C.Ellis, Hombsch, Lemmens, Collins, Burgess, Joyce, McLennan
Players beyond that could possibly play: Corbett, GHS, Z.Smith, Holman, Murdoch
Where is Sharp? :) Collins most probably will start in defence with Thompson if both healthy. Weller trains with midfield. Holman if he overcomes his back issue is an important player for us. I can't see GHS to play AFL. Pitty Riordan did ACL. I expected him to get opportunity. Rosas and Budarick could play some games too.

Where is Sharp? :) Collins most probably will start in defence with Thompson if both healthy. Weller trains with midfield. Holman if he overcomes his back issue is an important player for us. I can't see GHS to play AFL. Pitty Riordan did ACL. I expected him to get opportunity. Rosas and Budarick could play some games too.
I reckon Rosas will spend the year in the NEAFL.
Don't think he would have the endurance to really function as a half forward / pressure player at AFL level just yet.

Budarick has the endurance base already and could be in the mix though.

I reckon Rosas will spend the year in the NEAFL.
Don't think he would have the endurance to really function as a half forward / pressure player at AFL level just yet.

Budarick has the endurance base already and could be in the mix though.
Anyone who can jump over the fence like Rosas deserves a couple of AFL games.

Can anyone recall the last time we had our best 22 on field?
May have been close this time last year I guess
I don't remember us ever having our best 22 on field. Rory injured his knee about this time last year. I reckon we'd have already had others unavailable, but that might have been about the closest we've been. Ah Chee was injured, wasn't he? I'd have had him in my best 22. Was Holman fit? Lemmens & Rankine were injured in the pre-season matches.

I don't remember us ever having our best 22 on field. Rory injured his knee about this time last year. I reckon we'd have already had others unavailable, but that might have been about the closest we've been. Ah Chee was injured, wasn't he? I'd have had him in my best 22. Was Holman fit? Lemmens & Rankine were injured in the pre-season matches.
I wonder if it was 2014 tbh - even then Bock was out

Reports GWS Zac Williams' is looking for a good deal. He would be perfect to replace Harbrow, has everything Harbrow has and has the ability to move into the midfield. He would be a massive get, do able 600-800k range.

Reports GWS Zac Williams' is looking for a good deal. He would be perfect to replace Harbrow, has everything Harbrow has and has the ability to move into the midfield. He would be a massive get, do able 600-800k range.
AA level player in a position of need.
600k would be a pittance.
Without knowing the details of our cap I'd pay more than that for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back