Prediction Best 22 for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it was me and I’m happy I was wrong but I stand by the reasoning it was a horrible look, 20 guys sitting together watching the seniors and 1 guy 2 bays away not even looking at the footy.
IVA don't take my comment seriously, i have more wrong than you, that's that reason why i don't post as much as i used to , with less posting i get less wrong .

So it's the middle of 2019
If you were asked if you'd rather keep Lemmens or Ah Chee who would you have gone for?
Have to say it would have been Lemmens based simply on aggression and endeavour
I always had Matera ahead of Ah Chee as a small forward and was never convinced he had the chops for a defending role and way too slow for a mid

Lemmens still needs to show he is past those games where he goes completely missing... in the last 2 years he has played 18 games and got 10 possessions or less 11 times. I know possessions arent everything but he needs to get himself up around 15-20 touches consistently with a bunch of tackles if he is going to stay in the 22 this year imo.

Lemmens still needs to show he is past those games where he goes completely missing... in the last 2 years he has played 18 games and got 10 possessions or less 11 times. I know possessions arent everything but he needs to get himself up around 15-20 touches consistently with a bunch of tackles if he is going to stay in the 22 this year imo.
For Lemmens, I don't mind if he is getting around 10 touches a game, as long as he is laying close to 10 tackles a game, showing some physicality and kicks a goals or 2.

He will never be the type to pick up 20 touches, but he needs to impact the contest.

Thats the thing his tackle numbers arent that spectacular either...Only once in 2018 he layed over 5 tackles, and twice in 2019. Maybe his pressure acts are high. If he could cosistently get in the 7-10 tackles range per game, like you I wouldnt mind the 10 touches or so a game. But less than 10 disposals and 5 tackles per game is a little bit on the thin side for my liking. Hoping he can improve and have a breakout year though, love his aggression and speed.

Still a bit too early, the Marsh match against Crows will tell us more about the round one team.

Main questions for me are:
Will Thompson be ready? It does not look like. Brad Johnson during broadcast mentioned he will be back round 4-5.
Will Harbrow and Hanley be available? If not who will replace them - Joyce, Budarick, Burgess? Boswell thinks Harbrow and Hanley are locks for the round 1.
Do we play 3 talls or one of Wright/Day miss out? I go with Wright as he was quite impressive in the ruck.
Will Fiorini be ready and who will miss out if he is in? Let's see if he plays against Crows and in what form he is.
Will Witts be ready? Not too worried if not. Smith/Wright did a decent job.
Will Hombsh be available for round 1? Collins/Hombsh combo did well the last year.
Could Holman sneak in if ready and in form? Not probable.

Both Fiorini and Holman played in NEAFL practice match. Holman was very good according to Malceski. I can see Fiorini on a wing. Does it mean Anderson is out? Or Lemmens is out with less forward pressure as a consequence? Listening to Dew it looks like Rowell and Anderson both will play round 1.

I was curious what will be our average age and games played.
Depending on the options above the age varies between 23 years 6 month (Graham, Budarick in) to 24 years 6 months (Thompson, Harbrow, Hanley in). Game experience between 64 and 76.

It will be interesting to see how many players will debut. Do we bring them gradually? We do need wins desperately to boost morale/confidence but we also need to pump games into our future stars.

My round 1 at the moment:

B Harbrow Collins Lukosius
HB Bowes Graham Hanley
C Fiorini Greenwood B Ellis
HF Ainsworth Wright Sexton
F Macpherson King Rankine
Foll Witts Swallow Weller
Int Miller Brodie Rowell Lemmens

Average age 24 years 1 month, average games 72.

Last edited:
If Hanley is available I think we have to play him
Experience is everything in the backline
I strongly suspect the game has gone past him but I still think he has to be played ahead of Joyce
Probably right as much as I think he’s shot.
Unless he proves me wrong and has an unbelievable year and winds back the clock, I can see Dewy replacing him with a younger player like Budarick or McLellan later in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Guys,

will Witts be right to go come round 1or will he play this weekend?

thanks

what are the genuine expectations for you guys in round 1?
Been saying it since the fixtures released. I'm expecting to win, going to be really annoyed if we can't at least beat a team at home one tier above us

Been saying it since the fixtures released. I'm expecting to win, going to be really annoyed if we can't at least beat a team at home one tier above us
there a part of me wanting to see Ken's face after a loss and then proceeding to tell the footy world GC have arrived in the presser afterwards, its exactly what he deserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back