Team Mgmt. Best 22 for '22

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he's upset that months ago people panned his commentary about not needing to draft any midfielders, so he now seems to feel the need to weirdly and awkwardly shoehorn comments about it in to every thread on here.
Duh.

If Hobbs gets picked in the AFL side then another small will miss and play VFL. Guys like Ham, Guelfi and Durham are plenty good enough to play mid at VFL.
Yep i hope those guys along with Waterman, Dev in a fully fit world are the onballers for the VFL next year if Hobbs continues to earn his place in the round 1 side Half forward or elsewhere

After watching the intra club last week it was interesting to see how they placed the mids. Specifically for that 5th mid spot. Obviously they split up the teams tactically. One being better than the other or specific to what they are trying to see game day. In this case best backs v forwards were playing on each other. Hobbs was playing on ball with parish and merret v McGrath Caldwell and waterman. I think they are just trying to get waterman fit at this point but I think it was a glimpse that they clearly want to play Hobbs as a 5th mid/forward early on if he is up to it. Will find out tomorrow what he’s made of . I think the team should read as (round 1)

B- Hind. Stewart. Laverde
HB-Heppel. Ridley. Redmond
M-cox Parish. Durhram
HF-Snelling. Jones. Langford
F- smith. Wright. Francis

R-Draper, merret, Caldwell
Bench-McGrath, Hobbs, Perkins, Shiel

Emergencies-Bryan, guelfi, waterman, cutler

After watching the intra club last week it was interesting to see how they placed the mids. Specifically for that 5th mid spot. Obviously they split up the teams tactically. One being better than the other or specific to what they are trying to see game day. In this case best backs v forwards were playing on each other. Hobbs was playing on ball with parish and merret v McGrath Caldwell and waterman. I think they are just trying to get waterman fit at this point but I think it was a glimpse that they clearly want to play Hobbs as a 5th mid/forward early on if he is up to it. Will find out tomorrow what he’s made of . I think the team should read as (round 1)

B- Hind. Stewart. Laverde
HB-Heppel. Ridley. Redmond
M-cox Parish. Durhram
HF-Snelling. Jones. Langford
F- smith. Wright. Francis

R-Draper, merret, Caldwell
Bench-McGrath, Hobbs, Perkins, Shiel

Emergencies-Bryan, guelfi, waterman, cutler
Jake Kelly will be a near certainty for round 1 in the back pocket. Stringer should get up for round 1 too. I reckon they're just keeping him on ice as they know hes done the work and they know how important he is

My round one side

Laverde Stewart Kelly
Hind Ridley Heppell
Cox Parish Durham
Langford Jones Stringer
Smith Francis Snelling
Draper Merrett Caldwell
McGrath Shiel Redman Wright (Perkins)

Emerg from: Perkins Hobbs Cutler Phillips Ham Guelfi

My round one side

Laverde Stewart Kelly
Hind Ridley Heppell
Cox Parish Durham
Langford Jones Stringer
Smith Francis Snelling
Draper Merrett Caldwell
McGrath Shiel Redman Wright (Perkins)

Emerg from: Perkins Hobbs Cutler Phillips Ham Guelfi
Strong side especially if Tippa can get back at some stage. Depth is starting to improve, you'll have to perform in that side or you'll lose your spot

B Mason Redman - Jayden Laverde - Jake Kelly
HB Nick Hind - James Stewart - Jordan Ridley
C Kyle Langford - Jye Caldwell - Andrew McGrath
HF Will Snelling - Harrison Jones - Jake Stringer
F Aaron Francis - Peter Wright - Devon Smith
R Sam Draper - Darcy Parish - Zach Merrett
Int. Nik Cox/Sam Durham - Dyson Heppell - Dylan Shiel - Archie Perkins/Ben Hobbs

This is getting tough… Especially because I know damn well that forward line is probably a little too tall.

B Mason Redman - Jayden Laverde - Jake Kelly
HB Nick Hind - James Stewart - Jordan Ridley
C Kyle Langford - Jye Caldwell - Andrew McGrath
HF Will Snelling - Harrison Jones - Jake Stringer
F Aaron Francis - Peter Wright - Devon Smith
R Sam Draper - Darcy Parish - Zach Merrett
Int. Nik Cox/Sam Durham - Dyson Heppell - Dylan Shiel - Archie Perkins/Ben Hobbs

This is getting tough… Especially because I know damn well that forward line is probably a little too tall.
Stringer is quite dynamic at ground level when forward, he plays like a powerful small.... but we will really miss Tippa though. Small forward options are limited but we do seem to be trying to address it. Shiel and Caldwell will probably have to rotate through there a fair bit.

B Redman Stewart Kelly
HB Ridley Laverde Heppell
C Cox Stringer Langford
HF Perkins Jones Snelling
FF Smith Wright Francis
R Draper Merrett Parish
INT Shiel McGrath Caldwell Hind
SUB Guelfi

Pretty solid 22, midfield depth is ridiculous. Top 8 lock if everyone stays relatively injury free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: J Laverde J Stewart J Kelly
HB: D Heppell J Ridley N Hind
C: K Langford Z Merrett A McGrath
HF: A Perkins H Jones W Snelling
F: J Stringer P Wright A M Tipungwuti
R: S Draper J Caldwell D Parish
INT: D Shiel N Cox M Redman S Durham
SUB: M Guelfi

B Hobbs, D Smith, A Waterman, T Cutler, A Francis, M Hurley, Z Reid, N Bryan, B Zerk-Thatcher, A Lord, B Ham, K Baldwin, J Eyre, C Brand, T Wanganeen, N Martin, P Voss, T Hird, B McDonagh

Some decent depth floating around these days.

RD1:
B: Ridley - Stewart - Heppell
HB: Hind - Laverde - Redman
C: McGrath - Parish - Langford
HF: Stringer - Jones - Perkins
F: Smith - Wright - Snelling
R: Draper - Merrett - Caldwell
I/C: Shiel - Kelly - Cox - Francis
Sub: Guelfi

After seeing the practice match it looks like we have some decent small forward options moving forward if Tippa doesnt get back...
I’m thinking our best 23 now looks something like;-

Laverde Stewart Kelly
Heppell Ridley Redman
Langford Merrett McGrath
Perkins Jones Snelling
Stringer 2MP Smith

Draper Parish Caldwell

Bench: Guelfi Shiel Hind Cox
SUB: Wanga OR Martin (unless Tippa comes up)

Tex Wanganeen has to play early. He's the only natural small forward outside of Tippa. And we don't have Tippa.

It's either that or we play tall. But when it hits the ground, it'll leave the 50 quick.

Tex Wanganeen has to play early. He's the only natural small forward outside of Tippa. And we don't have Tippa.

It's either that or we play tall. But when it hits the ground, it'll leave the 50 quick.
1 small forward doesn’t change that, especially an 18yo who hasn’t played any footy in 2 years. The ball was still leaving our forward line quickly even when tippa was at full strength.

I’m not sure why everyone is fitting Mcgrath onto a wing in the best 22. He’s either going to be playing on ball or half back, like his rotation against the dogs m. Didn’t go anywhere near the wing on Wednesday.
People don't treat the wing as a specialized position even though they should

Remove this Banner Ad

Back