Team Mgmt. Best 22 for '22

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey everyone. I'm putting up previews for The Roar and this is my preview of the Bombers:

Obviously some are going to hate that prediction, but any constructive feedback and criticism is more than welcome!

Hey everyone. I'm putting up previews for The Roar and this is my preview of the Bombers:

Obviously some are going to hate that prediction, but any constructive feedback and criticism is more than welcome!
Fairly accurate and overall you have a good read on our playing list. Of the players you mentioned Francis has been training as a forward now. There is no room for him in the backline anymore and we do need another forward marking target.

Fairly accurate and overall you have a good read on our playing list. Of the players you mentioned Francis has been training as a forward now. There is no room for him in the backline anymore and we do need another forward marking target.
Majority of the Roar essendon cohort pointed out the Franga oversight in the comments section, otherwise not really much to argue with

Not too bad overall, a pretty balanced assessment.

However feedback wise, your assessment of Snelling is a bit off, he was top 3 in our BnF last year. Truck loves him and he is one of the first few forwards picked every week.

All fair. Especially the bit where you chose to assess Essendon first.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. The Francis miss was a bad one from me and hopefully, I don't do that again.

Hi everyone, got a bit of an AFL fantasy question here.

What's your expected midfield make up come round 1 and would you expect Caldwell to get significant minutes on-ball? Thanks in advance.

What's your expected midfield make up come round 1 and would you expect Caldwell to get significant minutes on-ball? Thanks in advance.
I think Caldwell has to play mid, I'm not sure he has the versatility to rest elsewhere.

He’s one of several that will rotate through there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As best 22 (or it should be 23 really) is in a constant state of flux due to injuries/form/opposition etc - it really can change from week to week. Maybe we should re-title this thread - ‘rolling best 23’…!! Anyway right now I’d have;-

Ridley Stewart Kelly
Heppell Laverde Hind
Redman Shiel McGrath
Perkins Jones Langford
Stringer 2MP Snelling

Draper Parish Merrett

Bench: Guelfi Smith Cox Francis
SUB: Caldwell

Its a pretty defensive sort of line up - and I like both Redman & McGrath on the wings as they can run both ways - and rotate with big Cox on the bench who can run all day! All in all our defence looks really solid - as does our midfield - but the forward line very inexperienced with Tippa likely out until mid season and the inexperienced Jones, Perkins & Francis in there. Really hoping we see Baldwin, Waterman or even Bryan push in from the reserves and provide us with some more forward options as we are going to need them…

Apparently killed it in the intraclub today. Racking clearances/touches playing against our best mids.

How do we fit him in?

Off the bench, rotating in off a half-forward flank.

Unlikely he'll be a clearance beast at AFL level for a full season, but some minutes on-ball through the season hopefully helps build him to do that in the future.

Off the bench, rotating in off a half-forward flank.

Unlikely he'll be a clearance beast at AFL level for a full season, but some minutes on-ball through the season hopefully helps build him to do that in the future.

It's a pretty hard side to squeeze into.

Atm I'd say our side looks like

FB: Hind, Stewart, Redman
HB: Laverde, Ridley, Heppell
C: Cox, Shiel, Langford
HF: Stringer, Jones, Francis
FF: Tippa, Wright, Snelling
R: Draper, Merrett, Parish
Inter: McGrath, Durham, Perkins...

Leaving that last spot down to Hobbs, Caldwell, Smith or Kelly.

It's good problem to have.

Kelly is a lock round 1, starts in the back 6

Kelly is a lock round 1, starts in the back 6

He might but I don't think he had a better year than any of those guys bar Stewart last year and it's not a like for like swap. Lav, Hind, Heppell, Ridley all top 9 in the best and fairest. Can't go in without genuine KPP. Redman was much improved and likely to take a step forward again entering his prime.

I can see him in there but not evident as to who misses out.

Last edited:
He might but I don't think he had a better year than any of those guys bar Stewart last year and it's not a like for like swap. Lav, Hind, Heppell, Ridley all top 9 in the best and fairest. Can't go in without genuine KPP. Redman was much improved and likely to take a step forward again entering his prime.

I can see him in there but not evident as to who misses out.
Kelly will be our lockdown on any size defender, to free up ridley. He’s got a place locked in the 22.

Someone will get injured and make room

Clearly, Parish has to move to HFF
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back