Prediction Best 22 for Round One, 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm hoping Markov returns to a half forward role next season.
If Lennon pulls his finger out, he and Markov could really make the HF line their own.
We have talent on every line, it's just a matter of it all gelling. We'll get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the 600 meter gained game - I would leave Markov in the backline. It's been a while since a young tigers player showed such rebound.

It would be nice if Lennon could show good form, sign a new contract. I am not optimistic. More chance of yarren being all australian 2017.

After the 600 meter gained game - I would leave Markov in the backline. It's been a while since a young tigers player showed such rebound.

It would be nice if Lennon could show good form, sign a new contract. I am not optimistic. More chance of yarren being all australian 2017.

I think he can potentially rotate through both lines. If Yarran comes up (crossing my fingers) he and Markov have the ability to play HB and HF.
I remember watching some Markov highlight packages where he played as a high HF, has great hands and a reliable kick. Reminded me a lot of Gunston.

B: Grimes Rance Short
HB: Houli Astbury Markov
C: Vlastuin Caddy Bellis
HF: Martin Griffiths Edwards
FF: Lloyd Riewoldt Rioli
FOLL: Hampson Cotchin Prestia
INT: Cellis Nankervis Conca Miles

If yarran is ready, Miles gets dropped

Miles should not get dropped when you select conca, Hampson, bellis, Houli, short ...

IMHO miles is one of the clubs better players

FB: Grimes, Astbury, Short
HB: Markov, Rance, Houli
C: Prestia, Cotchin, McIntosh
HF: Martin, Riewoldt, Lennon
FF: Rioli, Griffiths, Lloyd
R: Nankervis, Caddy, Vlastuin
I: Edwards, Barlow, Menadue, B. Ellis

Miles should not get dropped when you select conca, Hampson, bellis, Houli, short ...

IMHO miles is one of the clubs better players

I think Miles might be a victim of the new recruits.
Miles is just purely an inside midfielder who has a knack for sneaking in the odd goal here and there.
Prestia can play inside, outside.
Caddy can play inside mid and rotate through the forward line.
Conca can play inside, outside and off half back.

I just don't think Miles has enough strings to his bow in order to maintain a best 22 spot.

FB: Grimes, Astbury, Short
HB: Markov, Rance, Houli
C: Prestia, Cotchin, McIntosh
HF: Martin, Riewoldt, Lennon
FF: Rioli, Griffiths, Lloyd
R: Nankervis, Caddy, Vlastuin
I: Edwards, Barlow, Menadue, B. Ellis
add yaz in there somewhere and we have a winner

Miles is just purely an inside midfielder who has a knack for sneaking in the odd goal here and there.

I just don't think Miles has enough strings to his bow in order to maintain a best 22 spot.

The last couple seasons have shown miles can play inside to a higher standard than what conca can.

Prestia and caddy are exciting additions. I feel they'd be even better with miles supporting them where the action is

I'm hoping Markov returns to a half forward role next season.
If Lennon pulls his finger out, he and Markov could really make the HF line their own.
We have talent on every line, it's just a matter of it all gelling. We'll get there.

So far to date he has shown more as defender then he has a forward at any level.

So far to date he has shown more as defender then he has a forward at any level.

We haven't played him in the forward line at AFL level yet.
Why limit him to playing a singular role? Versatility is important.

We haven't played him in the forward line at AFL level yet.
Why limit him to playing a singular role? Versatility is important.

I don't think we should limit him to one role but I think we should develop him in the one role first before trying to expand his game. Another season of playing back line then add more strings to his bow once he is a settled AFL footballer.

Similar should apply to Short who I feel needs to master the designated kicker out of the back line (Heath Shaw role) and then we can look to give him time in the middle or put him forward where he can use his smarts to snap a goal or two. With Yarran, Short and Markov I think is great versatility amongst our back line.

I don't think we should limit him to one role but I think we should develop him in the one role first before trying to expand his game. Another season of playing back line then add more strings to his bow once he is a settled AFL footballer.

Similar should apply to Short who I feel needs to master the designated kicker out of the back line (Heath Shaw role) and then we can look to give him time in the middle or put him forward where he can use his smarts to snap a goal or two. With Yarran, Short and Markov I think is great versatility amongst our back line.

Yeah that's fair enough.
So off of half back, if everyone is fit, we will have Houli, Yarran and Markov predominantly. That's a lot of metres gained.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miles and Barlow are very similar but I'd go with Barlow as he's more of a physical presence and is a slightly better user of the ball.

But as slow as Ivan Maric.

They're both slow

Miles is quicker than Barlow. Comfortably. Also has age on his side.
Barlow would be the most pointless recruit and would show our list management team hasn't learnt a thing.
We have plenty of inside grunt now. There is zero need for Barlow. Definition of a list clogger.

Miles is quicker than Barlow. Comfortably. Also has age on his side.
Barlow would be the most pointless recruit and would show our list management team hasn't learnt a thing.
We have plenty of inside grunt now. There is zero need for Barlow. Definition of a list clogger.

Comfortably? Have any numbers to back up that claim? From my observations they're both slow with no clear winner. Also pace isn't that much of a factor when you're playing inside.

Our midfield is still short. Barlow has the ability to free his arms to dish the ball off when tackled. He adds another dimension to our midfield. Miles doesn't. He's just a s**t version of Prestia and should only be called upon when Dion can't play.

As for pointless recruiting, Barlow would be an upgrade on Lambert, Moore, Conca, Miles and Townsend. Not sure how improving our midfield depth for essentially nothing is "pointless recruiting".

Comfortably? Have any numbers to back up that claim? From my observations they're both slow with no clear winner. Also pace isn't that much of a factor when you're playing inside.

Our midfield is still short. Barlow has the ability to free his arms to dish the ball off when tackled. He adds another dimension to our midfield. Miles doesn't. He's just a s**t version of Prestia and should only be called upon when Dion can't play.

As for pointless recruiting, Barlow would be an upgrade on Lambert, Moore, Conca, Miles and Townsend. Not sure how improving our midfield depth for essentially nothing is "pointless recruiting".

Would miles get a game for freo?

I suspect yes

Agreed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Agreed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Furthermore, given we gave a pick 6 for Prestia. A "s**t version of Prestia" (miles apparently) may not be all that bad in the grand scheme of things

In our best side for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back