Opinion Best 22 in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

how much time do u lads expect dusty to play forward compared to last year

Think he'll still spend time down there but probably wont start in the fwd line as much, expect him to start more centre bounces and drift fwd during play

So do people think Lynch will play rnd 1? Im hearing hes firming for a rnd 1 gig. Full training this past week, chance to get some gametime this week in vfl game, so will have had 3 full weeks of training. Ease him into jlt 3 in round 1 and hes ready for the season

We have a pretty tough start other than Carlton so playing an under done lynch could cause issues how ever if we don’t play him early he’s playing catch up all year

Personally I’d play him with balta giving nank a chop out

If he’s not ready nank/soldo ruck balta fwd

how much time do u lads expect dusty to play forward compared to last year
Depends how we handle the 666 rule early days I’d say mostly mid since caddy is out injured when caddy is back we can rotate them to isolate dusty one out

Personally i think he will play, He has been held back and will be allowed to participate in the match simulation this week for probably a half and will play limited minutes in Round 1.

Nothing to gain by playing him in the VFL or making him wait any longer

RD 1

B: Astbury Rance Grimes
HB: Short Vlastuin Houli
C: Higgins Cotchin Graham
HF: Lambert Edwards Rioli
F: Balta Riewoldt Weller
R: Nankervis Prestia Martin
Int: Broad Butler Ellis McIntosh
Emg: Menadue Moore Markov Soldo
Inj: Lynch Caddy Castagna Grigg

2s
B: Egg Miller Turner
HB: Stack Garthwaite English
C: Naish RCD Markov
HF: Baker Chol Bolton
F: Aarts CCJ Moore
R: Soldo Ross Townsend
Int: Menadue

Last edited:
RD 1

R: Nankervis Cotchin Martin
Int: Broad Butler Prestia McIntosh
Emg: Ellis Menadue Moore

2s
R: Soldo Ross Ellis
Int: Townsend Menadue
Do you think Menadue is ahead of Markov?

RD 1

R: Nankervis Cotchin Martin
Int: Broad Butler Prestia McIntosh
Emg: Ellis Menadue Moore

2s
R: Soldo Ross Ellis
Int: Townsend Menadue

Two Cotchins would be handy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure about the Weller logic. He has never at any stage shown himself to be a prolific mid and the side is choc full of small players who can go fwd.
Give me a genuine mid who will give us plenty of contests and run and get his hands on the ball enough.

Same with Short if he is not down back then give me a genuine mid who will provide a contest with some run and delivery.

Does anyone know what is actually going on with Lynch and Caddy. The site says no but it seems Hardwick and Leppa think they will be a good chance

Yeah, I take your point on Weller. Ross might be the better pick for Carlton, with an eye on the future. Not sure I'd want to see any 18 y.o. kid playing the Pies the week after though.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Short. I reckon he'd be better on the wing - and I don't see that as a "mid" position. His defending isn't great when the balls in the air. His not much better when the balls on the ground. His strengths are keeping wide from the contest, run, carry and boot it long. Great for a winger playing predominantly in the forward half - like Grigg does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Markov & Menadue are still not up to it.

Reckon Markov is closer than Menadue but still don't see who Markov kicks out of the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep. Menadues 5th season this year and Markovs 4th. They'd be getting regular games in the seniors if they were up to it.
I was hoping that 30 year old Houli would drift out of the side this year. And Markov take his place. Markov is good depth for the backline. Menadue has more players ahead of him for wing position. He has the most style but does not get his hands on the ball enough

Markov and Menadue are fringe players.
Back-up players.
F Butler Martin Higgins
HF Rioli Riewoldt Weller
C KMc Lambert Graham
HB Houli Vlaustin Short
FB Astbury Rance Grimes
Foll Nankervis Cotchin Prestia
inter Balta Broad, Ross* Soldo
Balta is only 19, still young, I would include Soldo to support Nankervis in ruck duties.
Ross is extra.
I would regard the 21 as essential.
Caddy, Castagna, Lynch injuries.
Caddy replaces Weller, Castagna replaces Ross, Lynch replaces Balta.

Last edited:
FB: Broad - Rance - Grimes
HB: Vlastuin - Astbury - Houli
C: Edwards - Martin - Lambert
HF: Higgins - Lynch - Rioli
FF: Butler - Riewoldt - Castagna
R: Nankervis - Cotchin - Prestia
I: Caddy - Balta - Short - Graham

For round 1 if cads, lynch and castagna dont get up then swap for weller, baker and mcintosh

He had a few fumbles but he also often found himself in the right spot, I'd have him in. For now.
Do we really need him the way he has gone. Lambert, Edwards, Higgins, Rioli Martin, Graham can all play fwd.That aside id rather give a game to Bolton or Stack and just say to butler your spot is not guaranteed you need to lift if you want a senior game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back