HBMcDonaldLogueScott
CStephensonDavies-UniackeGoater
HFThomasCombenTucker
FZurhaarLarkeyCurtis
FollGoldsteinCunningtonSimpkin
IntPhillipsPowellTaylorColeman-Jones
SubPerez
EmYoungXerriZiebell
I like this a lot. Swap Perez for Hall and that's a very good Round 1 team.

It almost deserves its own thread, but I'm quite tickled by the sheer diversity of different wing combinations you guys are throwing up.

Marstermind / Hatchy1992 - Sleevo, Goat
the Ziebull / South Island - Tucker, Powell
The Dingrel - Polec, Lazarro
HBFlanker - Scott, Young
tazaa - Sleevo, Jy
PokerRoo - Tucker, Taylor
TheBigHorne - Scott, Sleevo
Heaps of fun / WesternRoo / Psicosis - Goat, Scott

And that's ignoring the many permutations that you guys threw up with Horne-Francis and Hill.

If there was a club award for the least definitive plan for who's gonna own the outside mids for the next five years, we'd be an absolute shoe-in.

It almost deserves its own thread, but I'm quite tickled by the sheer diversity of different wing combinations you guys are throwing up.

HBFlanker - Scott, Young
tazaa - Sleevo, Jy

And that's ignoring the many permutations that you guys threw up with Horne-Francis and Hill.

If there was a club award for the least definitive plan for who's gonna own the outside mids for the next five years, we'd be an absolute shoe-in.

I'll defend my choice somehow by saying the cupboard's bare. That myself and most others have Goater - a one-gamer - in the team in any position shows that the list is really, really thin. He looked alright in the one game, but didn't smash the lights out against opposition that weren't world-beaters, but still utterly smacked us. Add in a two-gamer as a real option at CHF. That I'm quite comfortable with these guys in a best-22 speaks more of the state of our best-22 than them or anyone who selected them.

HBFlanker - Scott, Young
tazaa - Sleevo, Jy

For mine it's because we barely have any depth outwide (which is why I hope we bring in Tsatas), and because I think we did the right thing by Goats development last season by easing him in through the VFL until he was ready. He's debut game showed it. As for Sleevo, well I think his best football for us has been out wide.

I think Scott on the wing.
Clarko will pull a trick at HBF. Maybe Hunter Clark or maybe Tarryn Thomas.
If we draft Sheezel then he'll take a HFF spot before long.
By the end of the year, Goater will own a wing.

HBFlanker - Scott, Young
tazaa - Sleevo, Jy

Sleevo plays his best footy behind the ball so as much as I have him on the wing he’s a defensive wingman.
No brainer.

Jy gets moved to the wing until he solves his kicking issues. I’m hoping this preseason under Clarko he comes on in leaps and bounds.

I think he did that up until the new year. Then he lost his condition and took a couple of months of footy to come good.

Zurhaar got injured (foot) and Corr was close to losing his toe. We've had a horrid run.
I wish Cam had missed the early rounds as he was playing severely hobbled.

Oh and young Bailey impressed al Clarko at their interview. Not easy to do apparently.

HBFlanker - Scott, Young
tazaa - Sleevo, Jy

Anyone who doesn't have Bailey Scott on a wing needs to give themself an uppercut.

Zurhaar got injured (foot) and Corr was close to losing his toe. We've had a horrid run.
I wish Cam had missed the early rounds as he was playing severely hobbled.

Oh and young Bailey impressed al Clarko at their interview. Not easy to do apparently.
We have to stop playing players with leg injuries. It just doesn't work. You can compensate to a degree with upper body injuries but a player must be able to run to the best of their capabilities or they will under perform and ultimately lose confidence.
Corr's injury was the season before.

FB - McDonald - McKay - Corr
HB - Thomas - Logue - Hall

C - Goater - Davies-Uniacke - Scott
FOL - Goldstein - Cunnington - Simpkin

HF - Zurhaar - Comben - Stephenson
FF - Sheezel - Larkey - Curtis

IC - Taylor - Powell - Phillips - Coleman-Jones/Xerri - Tucker
EM - Wardlaw/Tsatas - Coleman-Jones/Xerri - Greenwood

*5 on the bench next year

FB: L. McDonald - B. McKay - A. Corr
HB: L. Young - G. Logue - B. Scott
C: D. Tucker - B. Cunnington - C. Taylor
HF: T. Thomas - C. Comben - P. Curtis
FF: C. Zurhaar - N. Larkey - J. Stephenson
FOLL: T. Goldstein - L. Davies-Uniacke - J. Simpkin
INT: W. Philips - T. Powell - F. Perez - J. Goater

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB: L. McDonald - B. McKay - A. Corr
HB: L. Young - G. Logue - B. Scott
C: D. Tucker - B. Cunnington - C. Taylor
HF: T. Thomas - C. Comben - P. Curtis
FF: C. Zurhaar - N. Larkey - J. Stephenson
FOLL: T. Goldstein - L. Davies-Uniacke - J. Simpkin
INT: W. Philips - T. Powell - F. Perez - J. Goater
There is going to be 5 on the bench text year no sub

Sleevo plays his best footy behind the ball so as much as I have him on the wing he’s a defensive wingman.
No brainer.

Jy gets moved to the wing until he solves his kicking issues. I’m hoping this preseason under Clarko he comes on in leaps and bounds.
Shouldn't a good wingman be a good runner and a good kick? Neither of which are Jy's strong points.

B - Corr, McKay, Perez
HB - Goater, Logue, McDonald
C - Scott, Cunnington, Thomas
HF - Curtis, Larkey, Stephenson
F - Zurhaar, Comben, ?
R - Goldstein, Davies-Uniacke, Simpkin
INT - Phillips, Powell, Xerri, Archer

Subject to change, obviously.

We have to stop playing players with leg injuries. It just doesn't work. You can compensate to a degree with upper body injuries but a player must be able to run to the best of their capabilities or they will under perform and ultimately lose confidence.
Corr's injury was the season before.
Remember that year we rolled Boomer out (no doubt he put his hand up) and not only could he barely run, he looked like he was trying to avoid his foot when kicking the ball it was so uncomfortable for him. Just between you and me, football is a tough sport to play without a foot. He had a shocker of a year.

Jy gets moved to the wing until he solves his kicking issues..

You want your wingers to be quick and be damaging by foot.

To me Jy is not a winger Taz, I it might depends on where Cunners is at to give us more flexibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back