Best 22 - Most Underrated Players of All Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon underrated is generally defined as underrated by oppo supporters, not necessarily your own teams supporters,

Glad to see a couple have Matty Knights in here, was a genuine gun when we were mostly sh.thouse. I would put Scotty West in here, rarely spoken about in terms of the games elite yet I think he won about 8 BnF's??

When people talk about "Burgers" they talk about the big "Burgers" Shaun Burgoyne and rightfully so the aptly named "Silk" what
a wonderful player, but he had a brother who may be considered underrated because of the magnitude of his brother a true great
of the Port Adelaide juggernaut of the early 2000's Peter Burgoyne maybe a quarter pounder compared to a big mac, but still a
tasty burger.

Not quite the same question but who do people think is the best player in the AFL not to have won an All Australian?

Mal Michael was the name I thought of immediately.

Phil "Spock" Bradmore, played centre-half-forward for West Perth in the 1980s, had a shaved head 20-plus years before it was trendy. Played a handful of games for Footscray before he moved west. Dennis Cometti (his coach at West Perth) had a high opinion of him.

Attachments

• philbradnore.jpg
    philbradnore.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 21

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quite the same question but who do people think is the best player in the AFL not to have won an All Australian?
Very good question to raise. I didn't have him in my underrated team but Andrew Embley springs to mind to have not won AA.

Phil "Spock" Bradmore, played centre-half-forward for West Perth in the 1980s, had a shaved head 20-plus years before it was trendy. Played a handful of games for Footscray before he moved west. Dennis Cometti (his coach at West Perth) had a high opinion of him.
Not enough players have jobs as postmen these days.

B: Tayte Pears, Aaron Henneman, Roger Hayden
HB: Aaron Fiora, Kevin Walsh, Danny Jacobs
C: Colin Robertson, Leon Baker, Clinton Young
HF: Mark Nicoski, Allen Edwards, Peter Cransberg
F: Robin Nahas, James Cook, Laurie Keene

Followers: Jason Laycock, Mark Coughlan, Ricky Jackson

I/C: Allan Johnson, Jess Sinclair, Byron Schammer, Clive Waterhouse.

i like.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back