Prediction Best 22 R1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry what? You realise he was rated elite for his position and had something like the 2nd most score assists in the league in the 3rd worst team. Right? Just because he has the wobbles in front of goal doesn't mean he hasn't proven himself. There's a serious misconception about Billings' contribution on here and it's about time we set the record straight that he's one of the best 3 hffs in the game.
You are right ,
Season Highlights
● 27 disps (14 kicks 13 hballs), 6 marks and a goal in Rd 22 4-pt loss to Hawthorn at Marvel Stadium (18 Aug 2018)
● 25 disps (14 kicks 11 hballs), 7 marks and 2 goals in Rd 21 43-pt loss to Essendon at Marvel Stadium (10 Aug 2018)
● 27 disps (13 kicks 14 hballs), 8 marks, 5 tackles and a goal in Rd 20 35-pt loss to the Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium (4 Aug 2018)
● 30 disps (17 kicks 13 hballs), 7 marks and 2 goals in Rd 17 64-pt win over Carlton at Marvel Stadium (13 Jul 2018)
● 24 disps (13 kicks 11 hballs), 9 marks and a goal in Rd 15 2-pt win over Melbourne at the MCG (1 Jul 2018)
● 27 disps (15 kicks 12 hballs), 6 marks and 4 tackles in Rd 13 2-pt win over Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium (16 Jun 2018)
● 26 disps (18 kicks 8 hballs), 9 marks and 2 goals in Rd 1 25-pt win over Brisbane at Marvel Stadium (24 Mar 2018)

anyone half forward with these stats would be in everyones 22

You are right ,
Season Highlights
● 27 disps (14 kicks 13 hballs), 6 marks and a goal in Rd 22 4-pt loss to Hawthorn at Marvel Stadium (18 Aug 2018)
● 25 disps (14 kicks 11 hballs), 7 marks and 2 goals in Rd 21 43-pt loss to Essendon at Marvel Stadium (10 Aug 2018)
● 27 disps (13 kicks 14 hballs), 8 marks, 5 tackles and a goal in Rd 20 35-pt loss to the Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium (4 Aug 2018)
● 30 disps (17 kicks 13 hballs), 7 marks and 2 goals in Rd 17 64-pt win over Carlton at Marvel Stadium (13 Jul 2018)
● 24 disps (13 kicks 11 hballs), 9 marks and a goal in Rd 15 2-pt win over Melbourne at the MCG (1 Jul 2018)
● 27 disps (15 kicks 12 hballs), 6 marks and 4 tackles in Rd 13 2-pt win over Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium (16 Jun 2018)
● 26 disps (18 kicks 8 hballs), 9 marks and 2 goals in Rd 1 25-pt win over Brisbane at Marvel Stadium (24 Mar 2018)

Kicked a goal or more in those games but one.

Jack Billings type would thrive in a environment where he is utilized properly. I feel like the expectations of his draft pick and our clubs need for a A grades hasn't helped.
Yeah , the guy has now matured and has a far stronger build so he is prime condition to really perform this year , with his elite skills I expect we will see the best from him this year.
However the same can be said with Steel and Acres and I just hope they have excellent years as well.
The preseason game people might not think it has much importance, but you will see a lot of the guys or are borderline on getting into the 22 throw everything at it because they know if they don't they could find themselves stuck in the 2s if the team actually wins games.
Our squad is as strong as any in the AFL now.
Guys like Marshall , Long , Newnes , Armitage , Savage , Lonie , Parker , Young , Rice , Hind , Wilkie , White will really have to show how good they are to get a game.

A guy like McKenzie who doesn't get mentioned much will most probably be in our 22 due to the guy has pulled his finger out and is now a elite runner and by all accounts has had a very good preseason however he will have to show it in the games prior to round one.

Its going to be huge every preseason game even tomorrows game.

Jack Billings type would thrive in a environment where he is utilized properly. I feel like the expectations of his draft pick and our clubs need for a A grades hasn't helped.

I think with JB he just over think it. You get frustrated knowing if he played on instinct he could be a superstar.

Geary - Joyce (Brown sus) - Webster
Roberton - Battle (Carlisle inj) - Savage
Billings - Steele - Hannebery
Gresham - Bruce - Parker
Membrey - McCartin - Long
Pierce (Longer inj) - Ross - Steven
Dunstan - Clark - Newnes - Acres

The following could all easily be in the team and I wouldn’t be surprised: Kent - Sinclair - Lonie - McKenzie - Marshall - Phillips - Coffield - Hind - Armitage

33 players in total. I do not envy our match selection committee, going to be some AFL quality players stiff to miss out!

You are right ,
Season Highlights

Yet he managed 9th in the club best and fairest, that is about middle of the pack at a club that won 4 games. Another "HFFs" from Saints finished ahead of him in that count. I think you are over rating where he is at right now.

The guy has got potential but the way he played in 2018, his possessions don't have the impact they should have - and I would suggest he is getting a lot of those possies well up the ground, 20 plus disposals at half forward and you would expect a lot more shots on goal.

Gresham - Bruce - Parker

The following could all easily be in the team and I wouldn’t be surprised: Kent - Sinclair - Lonie - McKenzie - Marshall - Phillips - Coffield - Hind - Armitage

33 players in total. I do not envy our match selection committee, going to be some AFL quality players stiff to miss out!
Sincs + McKenzie > Newnes + Dustan

Here's my crack -

Geary Brown Battle

Savage Carlisle Roberton

Acres Ross Billings

Long McCartin Membrey

Young Bruce Sinclair

Marshall Steven Steele

Dunstan Clark Hannebury Parker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I heard today - this is what the team could be in round one
Geary - Joyce or Austin - McKenzie
Webster - Battle - Roberton
Sinclair - Steele - Acres
Billings - McCartin
- Parker
Membery - Bruce - Gresham

Pierce - Ross - Steven

Hunter / Kent / Newnes / Long / Dunstan / Coffield / Marshall

Hannebery / Brown / Carlisle if these guys are available they play

After today’s Intra Club.

Assuming Carlisle is injured and knowing Brown suspended.

Geary JOYCE Savage
Roberton BATTLE Webster
Billings Hanners Clark
Gresham McCartin PARKER
Long Bruce Membrey​

Longer** Ross Stuv

Steele, Dmac , Acres , Marshall*

Dunstan, Newnes , Kent, Coffield
* Disnt do anything great in Intra but allows Bruce to play full time forward and can plug holes on every line.

** If fit. Otherwise big Lewie comes in.

Overall I think this list is very versatile with most players being able to play anywhere (except Geary and Paddy 🙄)

Last edited:
After the intraclub today:

Geary Joyce Roberton
Savage Battle Webster
Clark Ross Billings
Kent Bruce Parker
Gresham McCartin Membrey
Pierce Steven Steele

Acres Dunstan Hind Lonie

Carlisle and Hannebery injured, Brown out with suspension.

St Kilda and proud.

After today’s game ,

Geary Joyce Webster
Robbo Battle Hind
Billings Dunstan Clark
Parker McCartin Membrey
Long Bruce Gresham

Pierce Steele Steven

Ross , Coffield, Newnes, Marshall

Emg . Kent ,Acres , Dmac , Lonie

Assuming that Hannebery Carlisle are injured and Brown suspended .

Marshall plays because he is back up ruck , plus he can fill in FB , CHB , CHF or FF if we have injuries.

Newnes was impressive today .
Hind adds more pace from our back line .
Paddy showed today he might be better at CHF .
I have Pierce as first ruck but it depends on how Longer is travelling by round one .
Clark has to start , he looked awesome today .
Parker was the stand out of the new recruits and gives the xfactor to the forward line along with Gresh and Billings when they are there .
Joyce looked great today , Austin is still a little underdone but that might change by round 1 .
Dunstan showed enough today for him to be a chance for round 1 .

The rest pick themselves.

Don’t Panic !!

Last edited:
My team against Suns:

Geary Joyce Roberton
Savage Battle Webster
Parker Ross Billings
Kent McCartin Membrey
Gresham Bruce Clark

Pierce Steele Steven

Long, Newnes, Coffield, Marshall

Estimated Return
Longer Hamstring 3-4 weeks
Logan Austin Shoulder Available
Nathan Brown Suspended Round two
Jack Bytel Back Season
Jake Carlisle Back 4-6 weeks
Dan Hannebery Hamstring 3-4 weeks
Max King Knee 8-12 weeks
Doulton Langlands Hamstring 3-6 weeks
Ben Long Calf 1 week
Daniel McKenzie Heel Test Updated: Wednesday, February 20 Early prognosis

Gresham - Bruce - Parker

Pretty much spot on for mine. Agree with the possible ins too with the exception of Armo who I think is well back at present.

Dunstan looked bloody good today, and ahead of Acres, Sinclair etc.
Newnes also looked great today. Either way, it’s probably not going to make a lot of difference. The last 6 spots could go to about 15 players.
No one is ahead of anyone after an intraclub game. They might be ahead of someone for a jlt game but there is no way selection would even be thought of after intraclub games. Unfortunately we have a lot of players fighting for 5 or 6 spots because we have many c or d grade players at this stage.

No one is ahead of anyone after an intraclub game. They might be ahead of someone for a jlt game but there is no way selection would even be thought of after intraclub games. Unfortunately we have a lot of players fighting for 5 or 6 spots because we have many c or d grade players at this stage.
The initial sides were pick on merit though (Dunstan in the black team for instance).

The initial sides were pick on merit though (Dunstan in the black team for instance).
Yep but if dunstan struggles in jlt tgen he doesn’t play where as Steven could be worst in ground in both games does play. Fringe players need to play well against opponents not mates. And dunstan is a fringe player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back