Prediction Best 22 R1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Raspberry jam. Sharpness cuts through the sweet of the toast.

Or, bare with me, Vegemite. Yes, vegemite on fruit toast is the killer punch.
Man , you are one sick puppy , vegemite on fruit toast , how could you be so unkind :(

Longer resting forward? We might as well get a cardboard cutout of Plugger and stick it in the goal square cause it’s more likely to get a touch. Heck we’d probably be better off if we put McCartin in the ruck.

2019 is the year that the Paddy Wagon gets up and cranking. And as the official conductor of aforementioned Paddy Wagon, I need to remind you that seats are limited and in short supply. You don’t want to make the list.

Those Paddy wagons have been known to have a few problems with the wheels falling off , hope ours isnt the same

Attachments

• Paddy.jpg
    Paddy.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 24
Longer resting forward? We might as well get a cardboard cutout of Plugger and stick it in the goal square cause it’s more likely to get a touch. Heck we’d probably be better off if we put McCartin in the ruck.

2019 is the year that the Paddy Wagon gets up and cranking. And as the official conductor of aforementioned Paddy Wagon, I need to remind you that seats are limited and in short supply. You don’t want to make the list.

Yeah when Longer rests he goes to the bench and we play one less tall in the forward line.

Then He comes back on, timing the rotation perfectly with the ball heading towards our 50, Marshall running forward with no-one manning him.

I think we’re kidding ourselves if we think all these new forwards are going to make it, so the way I see it it will be Long, Lonie, Kent, Parker, Hind and Young fighting over 3-4 spots. Obviously Billings and Gresham just play if fit.

My way too early prediction is we’ll see something like this:

FB: Geary Brown McKenzie
HB: Webster Carlisle Roberton
C: Hannebery Steele Billings
HF: Kent Bruce Gresham
F: Membrey Paddy Long

R: Longer Steven Ross

Int: Parker, Hind, Savage, Sinclair

Paddy seems to get first crack at that last tall forward spot every year so can’t see that changing.

Longer will probably play ruck because Richo.

Hind’s blistering pace almost makes him a lock for such a super slow team. Wing and half back are full so wouldn’t surprise me to see him forward a lot of the time.
Not sure how you can say Kent , Parker and Hind will be starters in Round One , i think the last Two at least will have to earn a spot first , if you have those three in front of Blake and Hunter we are in serious trouble

Not sure how you can say Kent , Parker and Hind will be starters in Round One , i think the last Two at least will have to earn a spot first , if you have those three in front of Blake and Hunter we are in serious trouble
Kent was best 22 for a team far better than ours for starters. But I think there’s going to be a change in the way we play (for the love of god there has to be) and midfield spots get tighter with Hannebery and Billings who I think will move up the ground. Could probably swap one of Acres, Newnes or Hunter with Savage TBH.

Yeah when Longer rests he goes to the bench and we play one less tall in the forward line.

Then He comes back on, timing the rotation perfectly with the ball heading towards our 50, Marshall running forward with no-one manning him.
When did we draft Jesus?

I hope that paddy wagon has plenty of headroom.

Actually- you'd better make it a convertible
Those Paddy wagons have been known to have a few problems with the wheels falling off , hope ours isnt the same
image_thumb6.png

Having a look at some of the preseason comments from the other threads, it seems Parker and Young are impressing on the track. Noting that our midfield seems to be pretty full so far with Steven / Ross / Steele / Hanners / Clark / Gresham / Billings, the forward line seems to be the spot for one of those guys.

What is Parker like as a forward?

Having a look at some of the preseason comments from the other threads, it seems Parker and Young are impressing on the track. Noting that our midfield seems to be pretty full so far with Steven / Ross / Steele / Hanners / Clark / Gresham / Billings, the forward line seems to be the spot for one of those guys.

Wasn't Parker drafted as a forward flank..?

Forward is Young and Parker’s preferred position. Young is a fast (lightning quick apparently) defence forward and Parker also very quick creative and pressure forward both with a streak of mongrel 😉

Forward line is the spot for both of them my friend. It’s what they were drafted for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young may be more of a defensive forward, but I think that'll suit us more. Locking it in the forward line is a massive part of the pressure game we used to play so well. He can kick a goal too, so he has multiple facets to his game. However I feel like a choice between him and Parker may come down to who is more likely to run out the game.

Kent prob comes in for Mav unless Newnes is persevered with as a replacement fwd (he did okay in that role). Even know Billings & Gresh will play more fwd I still think they will be listed as fwds on the white board, meaning Parker, Young & Lonie are playing for one spot. Alternatively we structure up very differently than the last few years under Richo & play a smaller fwd line.

Robbo Brown Geary
Webster Jake McKenzie
Clarke Steele Billings
Skunk Bruce Parker
Long Paddy Gresh
Longer Stuv Hanners

Ross Kent Acres Coffield

Actually harder than I thought to pick a balanced side - really want Battle & Austin in there but I reckon they might start the year in the magoos.

I think the obvious inclusion of pace with the mature age boys and Kent being added to the list means some of that group will play from day one.

If I'm picking the teams

B: Webster, Austin, McKenzie
HB: Coffield, Carlisle, Roberton
C: Acres, Steele, Hannebery
HF: Billings, Marshall, Gresham
F: Long, Bruce, Membrey

Foll: Longer, Steven, Ross
Int: Battle, Clark, Kent, Sinclair

Reserves

B: Wilkie, Brown, Rice
HB: Savage, Clavarino, Geary
C: Phillips, Armitage, Hind
HF: Parker, McCartin, Paton
F: Young, King, Lonie

Foll: Pierce, Dunstan, Newnes
Int: Bytel, Joyce, Langlands, White

Geez that exercise sure does show how we just have way too many small/medium defenders on the list. Roberton, Webster, Geary, McKenzie, Coffield, Savage, White, Rice, Wilkie, Paton, Newnes, Langlands, Joyce, Hind. I know some of those guys play other positions as well but you can make a case for defence being the best spot for all of them.

What are the odds we might try Bruce - King in the ruck for the sake of playing King because of all the hype and pressure.
Sadly knowing us the odds are high!
But I seriously hope they avoid any temptation to do this!
No surer way to completeley screw up both their careers!

If I'm picking the teams

B: Webster, Austin, McKenzie
HB: Coffield, Carlisle, Roberton
C: Acres, Steele, Hannebery
HF: Billings, Marshall, Gresham
F: Long, Bruce, Membrey

Foll: Longer, Steven, Ross
Int: Battle, Clark, Kent, Sinclair

Reserves

B: Wilkie, Brown, Rice
HB: Savage, Clavarino, Geary
C: Phillips, Armitage, Hind
HF: Parker, McCartin, Paton
F: Young, King, Lonie

Foll: Pierce, Dunstan, Newnes
Int: Bytel, Joyce, Langlands, White

Geez that exercise sure does show how we just have way too many small/medium defenders on the list. Roberton, Webster, Geary, McKenzie, Coffield, Savage, White, Rice, Wilkie, Paton, Newnes, Langlands, Joyce, Hind. I know some of those guys play other positions as well but you can make a case for defence being the best spot for all of them.

If Browny fit he’s a lock at full back. In my opinion Austin is not a KPD, he should be fighting with Robbo for that third tall role. The genuine big forwards would tear Austin apart.
Browny has always been a super fit guy but he will tell you he’s in the best condition of his career.

If Browny fit he’s a lock at full back. In my opinion Austin is not a KPD, he should be fighting with Robbo for that third tall role. The genuine big forwards would tear Austin apart.
Browny has always been a super fit guy but he will tell you he’s in the best condition of his career.

Heading into round 1 Browny is unfairly suspended for the fair hit he put on Saad last season. When he returns we’ll be much better for it.

Geary Austin Robbo
Webster Carlisle Coff
Sinclair Steele Hanners
Billings Paddy Newnes
Gresh Bruce Skunk
Longer Steven Ross
IC: Long Acres Clark Roma

Not the most exciting line-up, but probably the one we're most likely to see. And I'm still not convinced Savage and Dunstan miss either

Remove this Banner Ad

Back