Prediction Best 22 Rd1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's reasonable to give it a shot, and see if they can make it work - particularly when we're under the roof with favourable conditions it could be that we can make it a strategic advantage to us, particularly if guys like Battle/Howard can also rotate ends to fill needs.

If it doesn't work, the coaching staff are hopefully going to make the necessary changes and get the balance right.
Firstly I doubt we are moving Howard anywhere. If battle plays and so do all the other talls then battle has to play wing. I cannot see another spot for him. Team defence means talls don’t usually get hold of sides these days.

How many 193cm wingman are there in the league. Yes there’s some tall midfielders who can win the ball but I mean actual wingman.
Yeah I’m a bit skeptical with the Battle plan. All well and good for him to be ‘versatile’ but that in itself doesn’t mean anything. He’ll need a role and I don’t see what that role is just yet.

B: Geary Howard Wilkie
HB: Long Carlisle Roberton
C: Hill Ross Billings
HF: Lonie King Gresham
F: Butler Membrey Kent
R: Marshall Hannebery Steele
Int: Battle Jones Clark Ryder

E: Dunstan Coffield Hind Webster

Interesting making the team. Desperately want Coffield in there but couldn't find a spot for him :(

Interesting making the team. Desperately want Coffield in there but couldn't find a spot for him :(

Really like this team. Maybe Kent out, Lonie to the pocket, Jones to half forward and Coffield to the bench?

Yeah I’m a bit skeptical with the Battle plan. All well and good for him to be ‘versatile’ but that in itself doesn’t mean anything. He’ll need a role and I don’t see what that role is just yet.
It’s just trying to find a spot for a tall for the sake of it. He was very good as a CHB last year but if there’s no key position spot available we need to be brave enough to play him in the seconds until there is one.

Is Geary expected to play Round 1?
Agree re Coff. Just staring to look the goods Last season when he was injured. Needs as many games as possible this year imo.

The only saving grace that I see with playing the extra tall is that King will likely be on restricted minutes as I doubt his tank is up to it yet.

Basically play King as an impact player and use battle to keep our structures.

I still think we’d be a better team playing one Ruck, but an comfortable what Ryder will bring from a development side the the midfield and forward line.

Battle membrey and Marshall play smaller than they are. Outstanding tanks. Very agile. Marshall is our best inside mid.

I always thought that Membrey played taller than he was. Bruce was better below the knees than Membrey.
Marshall sure does though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it a plan? I'm kind of hoping it was something made up on BF.

Membrey, I reckon Pittard can go with him as he can also play tall (188cms vs 186cms), and could also go with him on the lead.

I reckon Pittard is a pretty good matchup for Membrey tbh. Membrey not that fast and neither is Pittard. Not sure how good Pittard's leap and spoil is, that would presumably be the main concern. Membrey has those long orangutan arms.

I reckon Pittard is a pretty good matchup for Membrey tbh. Membrey not that fast and neither is Pittard. Not sure how good Pittard's leap and spoil is, that would presumably be the main concern. Membrey has those long orangutan arms.

When you think about it , it doesn't matter if you are only five feet tall , if your arms are four feet long. Where your head is , is irrelevant .

Okay,

Membrey, I reckon Pittard can go with him as he can also play tall (188cms vs 186cms), and could also go with him on the lead.

If that leaves Marshall/Ryder & King then I would currently go with Tarrant & Daw respectively.
I thought I heard Pittard was pretty slow? If true would struggle on the lead against Members - he is surprisingly one of our quickest on the burst

Maybe we should do a poll like :

Geary Howard and ?????
Choose Savage, Roberton, Wilkie, Coffield, Clark. Webster Austen. etc....

Then when we choose the winner we do a poll

Howard, Savage and ???
Geary , Paton, Webster

I guess we should start in the midfield .
Your funny , didnt you see the last poll to pick who will be elite , at last count we had 24 nominations , good luck trying to pick the team ;)

Fwd-Wing IMO.

Elite tank & kicking above average

I agree. He's a great field kick and it would allow us to have an excellent outlet marking target coming out of defence, whilst allow our forward targets to not have to push too far back towards our D50 when the ball is at our defensive end.

This is my current team:
B: Long - Howard - Wilkie
HB: Roberton - Carlisle - Clark
C: Hill - Ross - Billings
HF: Gresham - Ryder - Butler
F: Lonie - King - Membrey
Foll: Marshall - Steele - Hannebery
Int: Jones - Coffield - Battle - Dunstan

There are still a number of questions which I hope the pre season games will answer:
1. Is Roberton fit enough to slot in round 1?
2. Is Geary still best 22?
3. Will Dunstan be replaced by, what seems like, the more talented Bytel?
4. Does Battle have a position in the side, or are we trying to just put him in there and hope something works?
5. Is Lonie still best 22? Should he be replaced by a Hind, Kent or Parker when fit?

This is my current team:
B: Long - Howard - Wilkie
HB: Roberton - Carlisle - Clark
C: Hill - Ross - Billings
HF: Gresham - Ryder - Butler
F: Lonie - King - Membrey
Foll: Marshall - Steele - Hannebery
Int: Jones - Coffield - Battle - Dunstan

There are still a number of questions which I hope the pre season games will answer:
1. Is Roberton fit enough to slot in round 1?
2. Is Geary still best 22?
3. Will Dunstan be replaced by, what seems like, the more talented Bytel?
4. Does Battle have a position in the side, or are we trying to just put him in there and hope something works?
5. Is Lonie still best 22? Should he be replaced by a Hind, Kent or Parker when fit?
Question 4 about the most perplexing atm. Love Battle as a player but does he have a genuine spot?

Question 4 about the most perplexing atm. Love Battle as a player but does he have a genuine spot?
I personally think there are 2 spots on the team between Battle/Wilkie/Robertson especially if are going to play Marshall/Ryder/Membrey in the same side as well as Howard/Carlsile as the defensive options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back