Prediction Best 22 Rd1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Xerri 201cm

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

touched it 3 times on the weekend, marked it once and kicked a magnificent 0 goals 0 behinds. he feels like a rookie, chucked in because they have no height. i wouldn't worry about him at all.

touched it 3 times on the weekend, marked it once and kicked a magnificent 0 goals 0 behinds. he feels like a rookie, chucked in because they have no height. i wouldn't worry about him at all.

Played quite well the game before when I watched them. Kicked a couple of goals.

Play a back flanker on him and he could well become a problem.

I'd be very surprised if we don't go with two key defenders.

Also, not a rookie he's a ruck/forward that has been doing his time in the VFL

Carlisle would be one of our first picked. He's the type you build a backline around, not stick in there if you can find him a spot.
Spot on mate.

And if it just so happens that Brown doesn't play and Xerri does instead, it hopefully frees him up a little to take more intercept marks.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

If North for some reason didn't have a tall opponent for Carlisle, he would roam the backline marking anything airborn and punishing them back the other way.

He's not like a Nathan Brown type player, if we end up with Carlisle loose, it won't hurt.

If North for some reason didn't have a tall opponent for Carlisle, he would roam the backline marking anything airborn and punishing them back the other way.

He's not like a Nathan Brown type player, if we end up with Carlisle loose, it won't hurt.
Yeah I don’t know where the paranoia on this board about having too tall a defence comes from. There is absolutely no evidence in the competition to suggest that you can’t play a defence with four 190+ players. Particularly when Wilkie and Roberton are fine on smalls and Carlisle, as you say, can play loose.

Just re watching our Marsh game with Collingwood, Ed Phillips does not waste a possession. Only played limited minutes so didn't get to see much of him, but every disposal he had went to a free player in a good position. Would be good to see him in the team at some point this year, reckon he can bring some good things.

on the AFL site:

B: Dylan Roberton, Jake Carlisle, Jarryn Geary
HB: Callum Wilkie, Dougal Howard, Ben Long
C: Bradley Hill, Seb Ross, Josh Battle
HF: Jack Lonie, Tim Membrey, Jade Gresham
F: Jack Billings, Max King, Dan Butler
Foll: Rowan Marshall, Zak Jones, Luke Dunstan
I/C: Paddy Ryder, Dan Hannebery, Jack Sinclair, Jack Steele
EMERG: Matt Parker, Logan Austin, Shane Savage, Jonathon Marsh

NEW: Dan Butler, Bradley Hill, Dougal Howard, Zak Jones, Max King, Paddy Ryder
UNAVAILABLE: Nil

NOTES: There could be as many as six new faces line up for the Saints in round one with King the only genuine debutant after an exciting build-up over summer. Butler, Hill, Howard, Jones and Ryder slot in seamlessly after crossing from other clubs while ruckman Ryan Abbott misses out on balance. Parker is back playing but had a limited summer and has only just resumed, while Jimmy Webster has also had an interrupted lead-up and will likely need more time. Savage and Austin get squeezed out with the return of Geary and Roberton. - Jennifer Phelan

on the AFL site:

NOTES: There could be as many as six new faces line up for the Saints in round one with King the only genuine debutant after an exciting build-up over summer. Butler, Hill, Howard, Jones and Ryder slot in seamlessly after crossing from other clubs while ruckman Ryan Abbott misses out on balance. Parker is back playing but had a limited summer and has only just resumed, while Jimmy Webster has also had an interrupted lead-up and will likely need more time. Savage and Austin get squeezed out with the return of Geary and Roberton. - Jennifer Phelan

Not sure what she's smoking but i'd have:
Hunter > Sinclair

Just re watching our Marsh game with Collingwood, Ed Phillips does not waste a possession. Only played limited minutes so didn't get to see much of him, but every disposal he had went to a free player in a good position. Would be good to see him in the team at some point this year, reckon he can bring some good things.

He seems hungry. I think his disposal and decision making has let him down in the past, but he's an endurance beast, still quite young, and appears to be pretty mature for his age.
He's got potential...I can see him pulling it together and being a good player...but right now he's behind a few.

Hunter Clarke not a mention, not even an emergency. WTF....

on the AFL site:

He always seems to play okay when he makes seniors. Plays s**t in the VFL though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine how much keeping Bruce would’ve further complicated the situation.

bird_man is spot on. If injury free 20 spots are locked in. The last two is a fight between Kent vs Sinclair & Long vs Coffield vs Savage. I just can’t find a spot for Battle unless Hanneberry (or Roberton) isn’t fit & Ratts chooses Battle over a running player.

Aye not me but ill take it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back