Prediction Best 22 Rd1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

So assuming the unthinkable and the Saints start the season with no injuries plus with Robbo and Paddy available . Depending on form of course but the Sandy side could look like this , of course this without Sandy only players .

FB- Dmac , Brown , Clavarino
HB - Savage , Austin , Robbo
C - Phillips , Coffield, Langlands
HF - Long , McCartin, Hind
FF - Bytel , King , Marsh
R - Alabakis , Paton , Sinclair

I/c - Joyce , Mayo , draft pick 1 , draft pick 2

With a senior team of

FB - Geary , Howard , Webster
HB - Wilkie , Carlisle , Jones
C - Hill , Ross , Hannebery
HF - Billings , Battle , Parker
FF - Lonie , Membrey , Ryder
R - Marshall , Steele , Gresham

I/c - Butler , Clark , Kent , Dunstan

Hopefully i havent left anyone out , but thats two pretty good sides . The seconds side would probably beat many of the senior Saints teams from the past lol. Of course its not real as there will always be injuries and we dont know about Paddy or Robbo yet . But look at the seconds side and try to fit in the number of Sandy players we are supposed to include .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

So assuming the unthinkable and the Saints start the season with no injuries plus with Robbo and Paddy available . Depending on form of course but the Sandy side could look like this , of course this without Sandy only players .

FB- Dmac , Brown , Clavarino
HB - Savage , Austin , Robbo
C - Phillips , Coffield, Langlands
HF - Long , McCartin, Hind
FF - Bytel , King , Marsh
R - Alabakis , Paton , Sinclair

I/c - Joyce , Mayo , draft pick 1 , draft pick 2

With a senior team of

FB - Geary , Howard , Webster
HB - Wilkie , Carlisle , Jones
C - Hill , Ross , Hannebery
HF - Billings , Battle , Parker
FF - Lonie , Membrey , Ryder
R - Marshall , Steele , Gresham

I/c - Butler , Clark , Kent , Dunstan

Hopefully i havent left anyone out , but thats two pretty good sides . The seconds side would probably beat many of the senior Saints teams from the past lol. Of course its not real as there will always be injuries and we dont know about Paddy or Robbo yet . But look at the seconds side and try to fit in the number of Sandy players we are supposed to include .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can’t see Paul McCartney ever playing again.

It would be a long and winding road if he was to get back.
Especially with the rest of the team is going helter skelter, he's probably better off to just let it be.

NOT unless SATAN, ALLEN and GAGS HAVE DONE THE DEAL OF TWO CENTURIES AND recruited John George and Linda. Done deal TRADED and become SAINTS ...make a visitation upon YOKO get her to watch the GOOD PLACE and allow the fab4 to Partake of the peace pipe bury the hatchet and play live on GRAND FINAL DAY 2020 WHEN THE SAINTS BECOME PREMIERS AND ASSUME THEIR RIGHTFUL PLACE IN HEAVEN.

NOT unless SATAN, ALLEN and GAGS HAVE DONE THE DEAL OF TWO CENTURIES AND recruited John George and Linda. Done deal TRADED and become SAINTS ...make a visitation upon YOKO get her to watch the GOOD PLACE and allow the fab4 to Partake of the peace pipe bury the hatchet and play live on GRAND FINAL DAY 2020 WHEN THE SAINTS BECOME PREMIERS AND ASSUME THEIR RIGHTFUL PLACE IN HEAVEN.

Lennon is with the Tigers. Bungalow Bill will get him.
Harrison is Mc Ready but he plays for the Yer Blues.

What we really need is a big Starr .

B: Geary, Carlisle, Wilkie

HB: Webster, Howard, Roberton

C: Hill, Ross, Billings

HF: Gresham, King, Long

F: Membrey, Ryder, Lonie

R: Marshall, Hanneberry, Steele

I: Jones, Clark, Dunstan, Battle,
Don't personally see Battle starting on the bench but otherwise it's the team I'd go with.

B: Geary, Carlisle, Wilkie

HB: Webster, Howard, Roberton

C: Hill, Ross, Billings

HF: Gresham, King, Long

F: Membrey, Ryder, Lonie

R: Marshall, Hanneberry, Steele

I: Jones, Clark, Dunstan, Battle,
Pretty good - but I'm betting that at the first bounce next year against North, Ryder starts in the ruck, Marshall at CHF and Max at FF.

But given our recent injury experiences - its more likely that we start with Alibakas in the ruck, Howard at CHF and Wilkie at FF.

My guess:

FB: Geary Howard Wilkie
HB: Savage Battle/Carlisle Coffield/Paton
C: Hill Steele Billings
HF: Parker Membrey Gresham
F: Lonie King Hind

R: Marshall Ross Hannebery

Int: Rhyer Clark Jones Dunstan

Not big on more than two talls in the forward line but I don’t think we can roll with Membrey as our only tall getting the best defender every week. We’ll struggle to score if that’s the case.

Battle to fill in holes at either end. If there aren’t any then not sure where he fits this year, might have to bide his time until Carlisle either drops off or isn’t here.

Gresham takes the centre bounce then goes forward and Billings to spend a bit more time there to give Jones extra time on the wing.

Hoping Clark becomes part of the midfield rather than playing at half back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we play Battle back or forward? Cars is only 27 so will be here when we assault for a flag. I think forward.

Battle needs to literally Battle for a spot with Membrey and King, Howard, and Carlisle.

But realistically i can't see all of
Marshall, Ryder, King, Howard, Carlisle, Membrey and Battle going injury free all year.

It seems normal that Ryder seems to routinely miss a few games each season. It would be a good result if we could rest players when they pulled up sore etc.

Pretty good - but I'm betting that at the first bounce next year against North, Ryder starts in the ruck, Marshall at CHF and Max at FF.

But given our recent injury experiences - its more likely that we start with Alibakas in the ruck, Howard at CHF and Wilkie at FF.
Perhaps because he’s a better tap ruckman.

But you want Ryder for the tap and as soon as the ball hits the ground you’d rather Marshall. Rowans the better balanced player so I’d say he get it.

Perhaps because he’s a better tap ruckman.

But you want Ryder for the tap and as soon as the ball hits the ground you’d rather Marshall. Rowans the better balanced player so I’d say he get it.
People are dreaming if we think Ryder at 32 is going to play too many games , he will be a handy backup if needed and no doubt he will play in the seniors with Marshall at times but I would doubt he would be in the 22 every week.

People are dreaming if we think Ryder at 32 is going to play too many games , he will be a handy backup if needed and no doubt he will play in the seniors with Marshall at times but I would doubt he would be in the 22 every week.

Correct.

I think that against teams without an elite #1 and no decent 2nd ruck (Adelaide, Carlton, Essendon, Geelong, Port, Richmond and the Bulldogs) we will be able to rest one of Ryder or Marshall and have King, Carlisle and Howard chop out in the ruck for a day.

Against the elite (Grundy, Gawn, Goldstein, NicNat) we will try to double team them with Ryder and Marshall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back