Prediction Best 22, Round 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a lot of hate on here for the muss (Spencer). We actually tend do play well when he's in the team. Id be interested to know what our winning record is with Jake compared to without since he started.
I don't think any of us hate him, personally i just don't think he adds a lot except for giving Max a chop out. It's a shame we don't have a Lobb/Jenkins/P Wright type who's a really good forward and decent backup ruck. I don't think there's room in our forward line for Spencer if we play Hulk, Weid and Watts. We can't play 4 talls else we'll get slaughtered on the rebound and teams will continually slingshot it out back, especially Saints.

There is a lot of hate on here for the muss (Spencer). We actually tend do play well when he's in the team. Id be interested to know what our winning record is with Jake compared to without since he started.
5 wins from 36 games .... so no ... not really, haha

I don't think any of us hate him, personally i just don't think he adds a lot except for giving Max a chop out. It's a shame we don't have a Lobb/Jenkins/P Wright type who's a really good forward and decent backup ruck. I don't think there's room in our forward line for Spencer if we play Hulk, Weid and Watts. We can't play 4 talls else we'll get slaughtered on the rebound and teams will continually slingshot it out back, especially Saints.

I am a bit disappointed to be honest. He's been around long enough for us to know what you get with the muss. I hope he has a breakout year, but i severely doubt it. If his awkward kicking style yielded good results most of the time I'd lay off, but the reality is when he does something great supporters are pleasantly shocked.

Like i said, I hope he comes good and I am proven very wrong. But risking our already shakey chances round 1 by going in too tall against a slingshot side is not my idea of good team selection.

We have no idea and it is terrifying.
Isn't it more terrifying to have Gawn injured?
You lot need to trust Goody's judgement. He is better at this than all of you.
I'm not a Spencer fan but he did his job in JLT and Max Gawn was a nobody not so long ago.

Isn't it more terrifying to have Gawn injured?
You lot need to trust Goody's judgement. He is better at this than all of you.
I'm not a Spencer fan but he did his job in JLT and Max Gawn was a nobody not so long ago.
Spencer is 27, he isn't breaking out mate he's a serviceable back up ruck in the horrible scenario where Max cops an injury. Max broke out at 23/24 which is the norm for rucks. Even when Jamar broke out at around Spencers age that was for 1 year that he was good. I'm pretty sure no one here yet trusts or doesn't trust Goody, we're all sitting here in nervous apprehension of whether this team is for real or whether they come out and s**t themselves in true Melb style.

Can someone explain the origin of 'muss'.

Unless it's explicit. Then I'd rather not know.

Jake the Muss is character from a Kiwi film called Once Were Warriors, who hits his wife and kids and whose best friend rapes his daughter causing her to commit suicide.

A really inspiring and uplifting tale. No idea what it has to do with Jake Spencer though.

Back in my high school days our teacher showed it to us when we were 14 despite it being R Rated. For this and many other reasons he doesn't teach there anymore...

Jake the Muss is character from a Kiwi film called Once Were Warriors, who hits his wife and kids and whose best friend rapes his daughter causing her to commit suicide.

A really inspiring and uplifting tale. No idea what it has to do with Jake Spencer though.

Back in my high school days our teacher showed it to us when we were 14 despite it being R Rated. For this and many other reasons he doesn't teach there anymore...
I reckon he called him the Muss just simply because his name was Jake.
Fair enough for mine.

IIRC there's a number of games played for which he has the all-time greatest losing record

I am a bit disappointed to be honest. He's been around long enough for us to know what you get with the muss. I hope he has a breakout year, but i severely doubt it. If his awkward kicking style yielded good results most of the time I'd lay off, but the reality is when he does something great supporters are pleasantly shocked.

Like i said, I hope he comes good and I am proven very wrong. But risking our already shakey chances round 1 by going in too tall against a slingshot side is not my idea of good team selection.
It seems like his selection would be at the exclusion of Pedersen/Weideman, so he'd be the third tall so to speak. We'll also be fairly small with Frost out, I doubt Garland will play. If Hibberd doesn't get up than he might, but they'll probably pick J.Smith.

Surely its the same as calling Pedersen "Rolf". I'm all for some good #identitypolitics, but this is more just having a laugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We watched it in year 12 media to study film conventions. Probably watched the scene where he bashes his wife four or 5 times that year

Since high schoolers are known for their maturuty and tact "cook the man some ******* eggs " became a class catchphrase

5 wins from 36 games .... so no ... not really, haha

Playing Devil's advocate here, that probably gives him a better win-loss ratio than a large portion of the list...

Hibberd ruled out due to achilles soreness, after someone stood on his foot at training #fistedforever.

My money is on Melksham.

Annoying, I'd have Hibberd and Frost in our best back 6. Hopefully Jetta gets across the line.

Likely line up?

Jetta OMac Garland
Hunt TMac Vince/Milkshake

There is a spot for an elevated rookie right now, i wonder who will get it if Joel is out of the running. Then again the club will probably just wait and then hand it to him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back