Prediction Best 22, Round 1 2017

No way Vince plays midfield next season, starting to slow down so MFC pushed him to defence where he had far to many clangers for my liking. Is a good offensive player needs to be at the forward flank that way he can push into the midfield if really needed
He didn't slow down as much as he had a bad month or two to finish the season, IMO. Up until QBD, he was still racking up 30+ possessions a game. I know the writing can be on the wall for older guys when they finish a season badly, but willing to give him time.

He didn't slow down as much as he had a bad month or two to finish the season, IMO. Up until QBD, he was still racking up 30+ possessions a game. I know the writing can be on the wall for older guys when they finish a season badly, but willing to give him time.
Fair enough, perhaps he can still provide the goods in the midfield and i'm willing to give him time too. But i honestly still think he is wasted in defence, nor does he play well there

No way Vince plays midfield next season, starting to slow down so MFC pushed him to defence where he had far to many clangers for my liking. Is a good offensive player needs to be at the forward flank that way he can push into the midfield if really needed

Agree, i want to see him on a forward flank and pinch hitting in the midfield. No more backline please.

Few of you have Lewis on a wing? Not a chance in hell. Think Tyson and Lewis will take it in turns starting on the ground and on the pine. #supersubs

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I hope we emulate the tactic of the dogs rotating blokes through the middle st stoppages
We have seen that Bray and Petracca can rest forward but Jones Tyson Viney need to add more to the rest of their game especially with Lewis Melksham and Oliver getting more time
You look at someone like Clay Smith who's a battling clearance mid in the mould of Viney who kicked 4 first half goals in the prelim
We need more blokes who can do that

space_cowboy

All Australian
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
FB: N.Jetta | S.Frost | O.McDonald
HB: J.Hunt | T.McDonald | M.Hibberd
CC: C.Petracca | D.Tyson | B.Vince
HF: A.Brayshaw | J.Watts | J.Lewis
FF: J.Garlett | J.Hogan | D.Kent
RR: M.Gawn | N.Jones | J.Viney
IC: C.Oliver | B.Stretch | C.Pedersen | C.Salem

Ah, alternating fonts. My eyes appreciate the effort.

I hope we emulate the tactic of the dogs rotating blokes through the middle st stoppages
We have seen that Bray and Petracca can rest forward but Jones Tyson Viney need to add more to the rest of their game especially with Lewis Melksham and Oliver getting more time
You look at someone like Clay Smith who's a battling clearance mid in the mould of Viney who kicked 4 first half goals in the prelim
We need more blokes who can do that

Agree! Tyson, Lewis, Jones, Bernie, Petracca (once he stops getting over excited) are all very handy goal kickers. Viney resting forward would cause havoc for opposition defence trying to get the ball out

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lewis playing forward of the centre would negate his lack of pace, it would also give our forward line much needed experience, just having a general down there directing traffic.

Hibberd slot into the backline and adds experience down there (/sigh)

and Melksham supplies the milkshakes

Lewis playing forward of the centre would negate his lack of pace, it would also give our forward line much needed experience, just having a general down there directing traffic.

Hibberd slot into the backline and adds experience down there (/sigh)

and Melksham supplies the milkshakes

:thumbsu: I can see Lewis play quarter back leading up just outside the 50 arc.

Mar 31, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Middlesbrough FC
At the very least, Milkshakes and Hibberd force some pretty stiff competition for spots both forward and back on the flanks.

It felt like this last year as well, but this club just feels different doesn't it? It's almost as if we have people who know what they are doing in charge of decisions. :rainbow:

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
My best effort after the Lewis and Hibberd trades:

B: Jetta, Frost, O Mac
HB: Hibberd, T Mac, Hunt
C: Salem, Lewis, Vince
HF: Petracca, Pederson, Watts
FF: Kent, Hogan, Garlett
Foll: Gawn, Jones, Viney
Inter: Tyson, Brayshaw, Oliver, Stretch
Emerg: Melksham, Kennedy, Harmes

That's a very solid group of competitive, aggressive campaigners. Love it.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
My best effort after the Lewis and Hibberd trades:

B: Jetta, Frost, O Mac
C: Salem, Lewis, Vince
HF: Petracca, Pederson, Watts
Foll: Gawn, Jones, Viney
Inter: Tyson, Brayshaw, Oliver, Stretch
Emerg: Melksham, Kennedy, Harmes

That's a very solid group of competitive, aggressive campaigners. Love it.
I would play Oliver brayshaw and Tyson over Salem in the centre. Salem suits the bench as he can play all 3 parts of the ground.

B: Jetta, O Mac, Frost
C: Salem, Viney, Stretch
HF: Vince, Pederson, Kent
FF: Watts, Hogan, Garlett
Foll: Gawn, Jones, Tyson
Inter: Lewis, Melksham, Oliver, Pertracca
Emerg: vandenBerg, Lumumba, Harmes

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Jetta T.Mac O.Mac
Hibberd Frost Hunt
Vince Lewis Jones
Petracca Pedo Kent
Garlett Hogan Watts
Gawn Tyson Viney
Brayshaw Salem Oliver Stretch

2 inside mids and 2 finishers on the bench with Harmes, Melk, Kennedy, Bugg, AVB, Lumumba, Wagner, ANB, Trenners, Weid, Garland... holy s**t thats alot of depth

Decimation

Team Captain
May 27, 2015
Bunbury W.A.
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Thought I'd give it a go. Not necessarily what I would think Round 1 would look like, more what I would want.

B: Hibberd, OMac, Jetta
HB: Hunt, TMac, Melksham
C: Vince, Lewis, Tyson
HF: Petracca, Pedersen, Watts
F: Kent, Hogan, Garlett
R: Gawn, Viney, Jones
I: Brayshaw, Oliver, Frost, Salem

E: Weideman, Harmes, Kennedy

It is actually getting hard to fit everyone in and is hard to find weak links now...

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
FB: Jetta, Frost, O.Mac
HB: Hunt, TMac, Hibberd
C: Salem, Brayshaw, Tyson
HF: Vince, Watts, Lewis
R: Gawn, Jones, Viney
I/C (from): Petracca, Oliver, Weidemann, Stretch, Bugg, Melksham, Harmes

Thought I'd give it a go. Not necessarily what I would think Round 1 would look like, more what I would want.

B: Hibberd, OMac, Jetta
HB: Hunt, TMac, Melksham
C: Vince, Lewis, Tyson
HF: Petracca, Pedersen, Watts
F: Kent, Hogan, Garlett
R: Gawn, Viney, Jones
I: Brayshaw, Oliver, Frost, Salem

E: Weideman, Harmes, Kennedy

It is actually getting hard to fit everyone in and is hard to find weak links now...

No Stretch?? Really? Woooo, he's auto/best 22 fo sho IMO m8. If Melksham is getting a game ahead of Billy on the back flank i will be upset.

I like Stretch, but we didn't get Melksham to play VFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy is already better than Melksham comfortably IMO. He came on big time last year. I considered him one of our top 10 players in the second half of the year.

Decimation

Team Captain
May 27, 2015
Bunbury W.A.
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Billy is already better than Melksham comfortably IMO. He came on big time last year. I considered him one of our top 10 players in the second half of the year.

Unfortunately, whether you like it or not Melksham will be posted up there on the flank. Goody got him across and he will play him.

Unfortunately, whether you like it or not Melksham will be posted up there on the flank. Goody got him across and he will play him.

I honestly dont care if Melksham is in the team, I would just find someone else to make way for him, Billy and Jayden are both line breakers and very important players to us, they need to be playing every week.

Back