Preview Best 22, Round 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Now, I'm pretty filthy. But I also need something to project towards.

So then...

B: Neville Jetta -- Oscar McDonald -- Michael Hibberd
HB: Jake Lever -- Tom McDonald -- Jayden Hunt

Backline: 5/6 is unsurprising. Oscar and Tom to the KPDs. Nev to the small. Hibb and Hunt the offensive threats. Lever as third tall/interceptor.

C: Jake Melksham -- Jack Viney -- Jordan Lewis
R: Max Gawn -- Clayton Oliver -- Nathan Jones

Midfield: Fairly obvious. I think Nath is the wrinkle as we will see more of him across half-back IMO.

HF: Alex Neal-Bullen -- Cam Pedersen -- Jack Watts
F: Jeff Garlett -- Jesse Hogan -- Sam Weideman

Forward: Most of this is fairly obvious as well. Weid I feel should be ready next year...and if not we may have a problem. Otherwise it'll be a Harmes. Yes, Watts is best 22.

Bench: Christian Salem -- Angus Brayshaw -- Dom Tyson -- Christian Petracca

Bench: Salem and Brayshaw in the halfback rotation, Tyson in the midfield. Petracca as a forward/mid rotation.

Who's missed? Couple of obvious names: Vince and Hannan. Vince should only be depth at this point - honestly, his poor decision making is costing us games. Hannan is fringe 22 as well - his end of the season has been poor. While I like what he brings, he's around that mark.

Harmes, similarly, has often been anonymous, 3 first quarter goals a couple of weeks ago aside.

The other interesting one is vandenBerg, who (if contracted) will be a real threat to crack this 22.

Stretch is probably competing with Watts for a spot.

Kent is a bit of where is he at?

EDIT: Added Trac back in.

Last edited:

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hannan had a good year for a first year player. I would be taking him over Bugg every day of the week. You're also desperately hoping Weideman has a big off-season and comes on in leaps and bounds because all evidence this season is that he isn't ready yet.

Presumably you're assuming Frost goes, possibly in a deal to get Lever?? Would like to hang on to Frost. He makes his fair share of * ups but he's a fairly unique sort of player who could end up being more than handy in a few years. Hope he's not planning on walking away from the joint.

Hannan had a good year for a first year player. I would be taking him over Bugg every day of the week. You're also desperately hoping Weideman has a big off-season and comes on in leaps and bounds because all evidence this season is that he isn't ready yet.

Presumably you're assuming Frost goes, possibly in a deal to get Lever?? Would like to hang on to Frost. He makes his fair share of **** ups but he's a fairly unique sort of player who could end up being more than handy in a few years. Hope he's not planning on walking away from the joint.
Not necessarily but even if he doesn't who does he replace in that backline?

And yes I am for the Weid, but as with last year that's the most up-in-the-air position on the ground.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not necessarily but even if he doesn't who does he replace in that backline?

And yes I am for the Weid, but as with last year that's the most up-in-the-air position on the ground.

TMac, with TMac going to the forward line.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Now, I'm pretty filthy. But I also need something to project towards.

So then...

B: Neville Jetta -- Oscar McDonald -- Michael Hibberd
HB: Jake Lever -- Tom McDonald -- Jayden Hunt

Backline: 5/6 is unsurprising. Oscar and Tom to the KPDs. Nev to the small. Hibb and Hunt the offensive threats. Lever as third tall/interceptor.

C: Jake Melksham -- Jack Viney -- Jordan Lewis
R: Max Gawn -- Clayton Oliver -- Nathan Jones

Midfield: Fairly obvious. I think Nath is the wrinkle as we will see more of him across half-back IMO.

HF: Alex Neal-Bullen -- Cam Pedersen -- Jack Watts
F: Jeff Garlett -- Jesse Hogan -- Sam Weideman

Forward: Most of this is fairly obvious as well. Weid I feel should be ready next year...and if not we may have a problem. Otherwise it'll be a Harmes. Yes, Watts is best 22.

Bench: Christian Salem -- Angus Brayshaw -- Dom Tyson -- Tomas Bugg

Bench: Salem and Brayshaw in the halfback rotation, Tyson in the midfield. Bugg as a utility.

Who's missed? Couple of obvious names: Vince and Hannan. Vince should only be depth at this point - honestly, his poor decision making is costing us games. Hannan is fringe 22 as well - his end of the season has been poor. While I like what he brings, he's around that mark.

Harmes, similarly, has often been anonymous, 3 first quarter goals a couple of weeks ago aside.

The other interesting one is vandenBerg, who (if contracted) will be a real threat to crack this 22.

Stretch is probably competing with Watts for a spot.

Kent is a bit of where is he at?

We traded Petracca? This day just gets worse.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
What's the point striker
We picked up Hannan and Lewis out of no where
Garlett/Vince/Frost/Melk etc

Who knows who we get and lose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
FB: An actual turd - Nathan Carrol's mullet - Jetta
HB: Hunt - ... - Hibberd
C: A soggy dim sim - Positive thoughts - ...
HF: ... - Kale Morton (Cale's leafier brother) - Melksham (but get him a unicorn to ride around on)
FF: Garlett - ... - Wooly socks
R: A really tall broom - Viney - Oliver
I: A selection of cheeses and cured meats

A few gaps to fill but we'll be OK. Just need to recruit a few actual witches hats (much cheaper than the ones we're currently using) and I really think a piece of lint would slot in on that half back flank just nicely.

Goodwin gets one more year but we should be looking at Tracy Grimshaw pretty closely. Even if just to sit in the back of the coaches box and occasionaly squawk like a parakeet.

FB: An actual turd - Nathan Carrol's mullet - Jetta
HB: Hunt - ... - Hibberd
C: A soggy dim sim - Positive thoughts - ...
HF: ... - Kale Morton (Cale's leafier brother) - Melksham (but get him a unicorn to ride around on)
FF: Garlett - ... - Wooly socks
R: A really tall broom - Viney - Oliver
I: A selection of cheeses and cured meats

A few gaps to fill but we'll be OK. Just need to recruit a few actual witches hats (much cheaper than the ones we're currently using) and I really think a piece of lint would slot in on that half back flank just nicely.

Goodwin gets one more year but we should be looking at Tracy Grimshaw pretty closely. Even if just to sit in the back of the coaches box and occasionaly squawk like a parakeet.

This made me lol for the first time in days!

ABray10

All Australian
Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
FB: Jetta Omac Frost
HB: Hunt Tmac Hibberd
C: ANB Oliver Gus
HF: Trac Hogan Watts
FF: Jeffy Pedo Hannan
Foll: Gawn Viney Jones
IC: Salem Lewis Melk Tyson

Hope that Weid improves to the point that he demands selection, and that Stretch has this whole two step forwards one step back thing going on and he can pick up from where he left off in 2016. This is presuming we don't lose / gain anyone and would rely on the younger core in Hogan, Salem, Brayshaw, Trac, Hunt and Oliver develop further to drive any improvement we want to see

FB: Jetta Omac Frost
HB: Hunt Tmac Hibberd
C: ANB Oliver Gus
HF: Trac Hogan Watts
FF: Jeffy Pedo Hannan
Foll: Gawn Viney Jones
IC: Salem Lewis Melk Tyson

Hope that Weid improves to the point that he demands selection, and that Stretch has this whole two step forwards one step back thing going on and he can pick up from where he left off in 2016. This is presuming we don't lose / gain anyone and would rely on the younger core in Hogan, Salem, Brayshaw, Trac, Hunt and Oliver develop further to drive any improvement we want to see
Thats a pretty good line up I reckon!!

I'm in favour of naming a starting team consisting of 22 clones of the most in-form player in our team.

B: Melk Milk Malk
HB: Malkshakes Milkshakes Melkshakes
C: Malksham Melksham Milksham
HF: Milhouse Melkhouse Milpool
F: Melky Milky Malky-Moo
R: Milked Molked Melked
INT: Melkenhäusen, Melkyway, Melkshambles, Melky-Bar

I'm in favour of naming a starting team consisting of 22 clones of the most in-form player in our team.

So good to see Melkshambles getting a run

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Being Jake Melkshakovich

[Pretend I could be bothered photoshopping lots of Melkshakes]
rs-217397-MCDBEJO_EC005_H.jpg

FB: Frost O McDonald Jetta
HB: Hibberd T McDonald Hunt
C: Jones Oliver Lewis
HF: Garlett Watts Petracca
FF: Pedersen Hogan Hannan
R: Gawn Viney Tyson

I/C: Melksham Brayshaw ANB Salem

Not getting ahead of myslef with Lever, but if we do get him you could really start switching up the side with TMac going forward etc. Still don't reckon Weideman is anywhere near it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back