Preview Best 22, Round 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

The tables have turned, Ablett and Danger are ready to go but we look like losing Tmac and Oliver.
Send Bugg to Danger for a cheeky right jab before the bounce and we'll have those tables the right way again :thumbsu:

Geez I hope he gets up, can't see us winning without Oliver and Danger plays for them.
I feel like it'd be pretty unusual for him to miss to be honest ... its a knock on the knee which he played out the game with, so I'd assume that it just swelled up and bruised after the game, which they're now still dealing with. According to the AFL site article yesterday, he was moving well, which is a good sign for a knock, as opposed to a muscle issue, which you'd be able to run at a certain pace, but would struggle to hit full speed, like what Ablett and Danger will be battling currently.

I feel like it'd be pretty unusual for him to miss to be honest ... its a knock on the knee which he played out the game with, so I'd assume that it just swelled up and bruised after the game, which they're now still dealing with. According to the AFL site article yesterday, he was moving well, which is a good sign for a knock, as opposed to a muscle issue, which you'd be able to run at a certain pace, but would struggle to hit full speed, like what Ablett and Danger will be battling currently.

Oh I agree and think he'll play, I'm just terrified of him missing.

Agree.
And I heard Chris Scott on Fox last night re Danger. In my opinion it sounds like he is absolutely no chance of playing. Not saying the injury is significant but is enough to miss. Imagine the s**t storm if they picked him and he tore it! Won't play!

Agree.
And I heard Chris Scott on Fox last night re Danger. In my opinion it sounds like he is absolutely no chance of playing. Not saying the injury is significant but is enough to miss. Imagine the s**t storm if they picked him and he tore it! Won't play!
Yeah, it sounded to me that he's refusing to rule it out at this point, whether to keep everyone guessing, or wishful thinking, or both I'm not sure, but he was less than convinced. You can't take the risk on a hamstring with such a burst player.

Gerard Whateley said on SEN this morning (and was sitting next to Scott last night) that he thought Danger was a chance to play in the same way that Jim Carey/Lloyd Christmas was a chance

Yeah, it sounded to me that he's refusing to rule it out at this point, whether to keep everyone guessing, or wishful thinking, or both I'm not sure, but he was less than convinced. You can't take the risk on a hamstring with such a burst player.

Gerard Whateley said on SEN this morning (and was sitting next to Scott last night) that he thought Danger was a chance to play in the same way that Jim Carey/Lloyd Christmas was a chance
Hahahaha I agree!

And I've landed myself in a biff on the Cats board that I fear I simply cannot win. My own silly fault.
Should know better than to attempt to have a civil conversation with a pack of hillbillies

Danger, J Selwood, Ablett, Duncan v Tyson, Petracca, Jones, Brayshaw will not end well for us
We'd be soundly beaten in the middle, but we wouldn't be horribly worse off with Gawn giving us a bit of a leg up, plus I think we're better forward and back, so I think we can still win from less I50's.

Of course, that all said, I'm a lot more confident of Oliver playing than I am of Danger playing.

The tables have turned, Ablett and Danger are ready to go but we look like losing Tmac and Oliver.

But i don't want to get bogged down in the woe is me attitude, s**t luck for us.....we pushed them last year whilst losing Gawn mid game and not having Hogan or Lewis (if i remember correctly) i always liked Ross Lyon's ethos when the saints were up and running, anytime, anywhere, any place.

Also remember last year every time they had a ping at the goals from anywhere inside 60m they went through, they scored 20.6 to our 13.19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Oliver misses surely we just stack the midfield with Jones, Lewis and Vince and hope the experience gets us through
Now that i think about it, 5 years ago that would have been a great midfield

Just can’t see them risking Danger. Probably Ablett plays. I’d say little chance of Tmac but think Oliver plays. Apparently although he was in rehab group he was moving freely. Trac will be needing to step up in the middle with Viney out and Oliver iffy.

I think we just let Danger win it and set up 55m away for when he bombs it long to nothing.

The real problem will be if Danger plays forward, Omac would have 5 kicked on him in a quarter. Jetta strong but doesn't have the verticle and Lever not strong enough.

Would have to have someone stand next to him and try body him while Lever comes over the top. Maybe Hibberd

I think we just let Danger win it and set up 55m away for when he bombs it long to nothing.

The real problem will be if Danger plays forward, Omac would have 5 kicked on him in a quarter. Jetta strong but doesn't have the verticle and Lever not strong enough.

Would have to have someone stand next to him and try body him while Lever comes over the top. Maybe Hibberd
. Maybe pederson , has the body , can take a grab , or just get Bugg to belt him .

If Danger is fit he will kill us in the middle and he will kill us up forward. I have accepted this.

What we need to do is beat them everywhere else on the field.

Hibbered would be the only one who wouldn't get destroyed by him.

I don't think danger will play, but if he does the long kick is the thing that we won't see because that is the one that puts the stress on his back. It will be a different Danger for at least the first half of the year I reckon, it will be more in the guts then handball and then more forward. His most damaging weapon of meters gained is the aspect of his game that he will be very wary of!

I am expecting big things from you guys this year and see breakout possibilities everywhere with the likes of Trac, ANB, Harmes and Hogan.

The ones I'm unsure of and was hoping you could give me some info about are Brayshaw and Salem. I know the JLT is not the real deal and lacks defensive pressure, grunt and polish but these two just didn't look like they were 'in touch' or 'up to the class' or 'had the vision' to be the possible breakouts they are being talked up to be. You guys (and gals) would no doubt watch way more demons footy than me so maybe you could tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance and all the best for a big year!

So assuming Clarry gets up...

C: Brayshaw Oliver Harmes
R: Gawn Jones Oliver

Yeah no Viney but is there really an isssue here???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back