Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
But Geelong won the flag that year?
yes but they were supposed to have been slowing down after 2009 and we were supposed to be speeding up.

2010 against the dogs? Was the game when Tim Lane pronounces their era over. They then kicked 30 something I'm a row and won the flag in 11'

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thing is. With hindsight it was a pretty poor trade BUT I completely agree with the risk because at the time we badly needed anyone who could play at any level. We didn't get that right but then sliding our picks to get Oliver and Weid could end up one of the all time great trade moves even if Weid doesn't do much. **** if we had just taken Curnow...
A lot of people questioned us when we used our first pick on Oliver due to him not playing in rep teams. Is it possible that Essendon would have picked the same two players anyway?

A lot of people questioned us when we used our first pick on Oliver due to him not playing in rep teams. Is it possible that Essendon would have picked the same two players anyway?
Its all heresy, but there was talk that Essendon were stoked to get pick 5 for Carlisle so they could use the second pick on Oliver.

Salem has talent, and we need ball users, but some of the players that went below him make me sad
Eh you win some you lose some. We nabbed Oliver who is probably the best out of his draft. And we got Petracca because St. Kildale let him slip

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Salem has talent, and we need ball users, but some of the players that went below him make me sad
Cripps hurts ... but how he made it to Pick 13 would haunt 11 other recruiters nightly. M.Crouch, Z.Merrett and Lobb would be the only others I'd be really keen on, which isn't actually too bad in the space of 31 picks before our next selection.

My nickname for Dom is;
The Dommy T with cheese

I don't know why
God I hope you don't yell that out at the footy every time he touches it :p

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Cripps hurts ... but how he made it to Pick 13 would haunt 11 other recruiters nightly. M.Crouch, Z.Merrett and Lobb would be the only others I'd be really keen on, which isn't actually too bad in the space of 31 picks before our next selection.

I think he ment more the players we could have had at 2. Not the other way

Thing is. With hindsight it was a pretty poor trade BUT I completely agree with the risk because at the time we badly needed anyone who could play at any level. We didn't get that right but then sliding our picks to get Oliver and Weid could end up one of the all time great trade moves even if Weid doesn't do much. **** if we had just taken Curnow...
I don’t think it was a poor trade, Tyson made a huge impact in 2014. Probably got us 1-2 more wins than we would have otherwise as well as preventing a few losses from being much worse. 2014 is the year that got us tracking in a good direction again. And yeah if we’d ended up with someone like Cripps or Merrett instead of Salem it would have been a huge win

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I don’t think it was a poor trade, Tyson made a huge impact in 2014. Probably got us 1-2 more wins than we would have otherwise as well as preventing a few losses from being much worse. 2014 is the year that got us tracking in a good direction again. And yeah if we’d ended up with someone like Cripps or Merrett instead of Salem it would have been a huge win

I don't think you really read my comment properly. However if you think anyone at all in the AFL world take Tyson and Salem over Kelly or Bont then..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think you really read my comment properly. However if you think anyone at all in the AFL world take Tyson and Salem over Kelly or Bont then..

I don’t think you read my post properly? Would you take a 2 game 2014 season and a percentage of 60 and three years of suffering since over what we did?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back