Preview Best 22, Round 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
FB: Lever O McDonald Jetta
HB: Hibberd Frost Hunt
C: Jones Oliver Lewis
HF: Melksham Hogan Petracca
FF: Pedersen T McDonald Garlett
R: Gawn Viney Tyson

I/C: Hannan Brayshaw ANB Salem

I like that lineup and think that'll be close to the mark, but I think Pedo might drop out of that forward line for Hannan, and maybe misses the 22 altogether for someone like Stretch or Harmes.

I like that lineup and think that'll be close to the mark, but I think Pedo might drop out of that forward line for Hannan, and maybe misses the 22 altogether for someone like Stretch or Harmes.
Yep I've edited the post like 6 times for the arbitrary positional changes and was just about to edit again to swap Hannan and Pedersen haha. Makes the forward line a better size IMO and I think Pedersen is more likely to be swapped for a midfielder than Hannan so it makes more sense to have him on the bench.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
FB: Jetta Frost Hibberd
HB: Lever Oscar Hunt
C: Jones Viney Brayshaw
HF: ANB Hogan Hannan
FF: Garlett T. Mc Vanders
Foll: Gawn Oliver Petracca
Int: Melksham Tyson Balic Salem
E: Harmes, Stretch, J Smith

No Pedersen or Lewis until round 5. Every year the pace of early rounds games kill older slower players and clubs keep playing them until they catch up. A proactive move is saying no thanks, let's wait until that early part of the year has died down. 2 key forwards is probably the plan all year as well.

I'm a Vanders fan. I think he gives us the 3rd tall option with forward pressure that we need. If not him I'd have Harmes in the same role as a smaller side.

I'm keen on Balic too, I think he's super talented and suits Goodwin's game style perfectly. If he's fit and healthy I like him at half forward and rotating wing/midfield.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
FB: Jetta Frost Hibberd
HB: Lever Oscar Hunt
C: Jones Viney Brayshaw
HF: ANB Hogan Hannan
FF: Garlett T. Mc Vanders
Foll: Gawn Oliver Petracca
Int: Melksham Tyson Balic Salem
E: Harmes, Stretch, J Smith

No Pedersen or Lewis until round 5. Every year the pace of early rounds games kill older slower players and clubs keep playing them until they catch up. A proactive move is saying no thanks, let's wait until that early part of the year has died down. 2 key forwards is probably the plan all year as well.

I'm a Vanders fan. I think he gives us the 3rd tall option with forward pressure that we need. If not him I'd have Harmes in the same role as a smaller side.

I'm keen on Balic too, I think he's super talented and suits Goodwin's game style perfectly. If he's fit and healthy I like him at half forward and rotating wing/midfield.

I like that forward setup a lot, I think with Watts gone VDB is the obvious Watts replacement. He can't give as much as Watts can offensively on a good day but he'll be far better defensively (And is a marking threat).

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I like that forward setup a lot, I think with Watts gone VDB is the obvious Watts replacement. He can't give as much as Watts can offensively on a good day but he'll be far better defensively (And is a marking threat).
I’m a vdB fan. I would have him, when fit, every week. He’s worth it just for the menace value. Even when he doesn’t hurt people, they have to stay out there knowing that any moment he just might.

I’m a vdB fan. I would have him, when fit, every week. He’s worth it just for the menace value. Even when he doesn’t hurt people, they have to stay out there knowing that any moment he just might.
This is true.

Vanders is a nice little wrinkle - if he has a monster preseason he just about picks himself.

I like that you capitalised the correct initial, that's fine attention to detail

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
Vanders will need to earn his spot over Hannan.

Needs to average 1.5 goals a game at afl level to become a best 22 player imo because Hannan will get close to that IMO.

ATM I see him as a very valuable rotation member who I'd be happy within the best 22, but Hannan deserves his go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VanDemonxx

Club Legend
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'll back Vanders to bounce back after an injury riddled few years. He has to, may find himself delisted at the end of next year if he doesn't

Well, time for another crack. My mind has shifted a bit.

B: Jetta OMac Lever

C: Lewis Tyson Jones
R: Gawn Oliver Viney

HF: Petracca Hogan Melksham
F: Garlett TMac Hannan

Int: Brayshaw ANB Salem Stretch/Harmes

TMac as the chop out.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

TMac as the chop out.

I reckon that's about our best team. We could do with a bit of extra zip around the wing. You've just kinda shoehorned Lewis in there, which is what Goodwin will be doing with him too. Would rather an Isaac Smith clone in that spot.

I reckon that's about our best team. We could do with a bit of extra zip around the wing. You've just kinda shoehorned Lewis in there, which is what Goodwin will be doing with him too. Would rather an Isaac Smith clone in that spot.
I think there's a half price sale at the Isaac Smith clone store

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne

TMac as the chop out.

Looks about right. Think Harmes has that last bench spot at the start of the year but hoping Stretch, Maynard and Balic are pushing in as the season goes on.

Looks about right. Think Harmes has that last bench spot at the start of the year but hoping Stretch, Maynard and Balic are pushing in as the season goes on.
Vanders too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back