Best 22 Round 1 2020

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is that the highest you've ever predicted us to finish?
Also I to like Greene alot and hope he has some luck with injuries and cements a spot in the 22

Before 16 and 17 I predicted similar but changed both during the year.

i thought we were cooked in 16 after the away game in Geelong and 17 was a car crash

We finished 7th with a young list and have a fixture that gives us no excuses.

Adding Keath and Bruce and a hopefully fit Libba(for me he is still essential) should see us improve.

The lack of coaching changes still bothers me but I’d think a step backwards next year has to be seen as a failure so I see a slight improvement coming.
All depends on wether bevo decides to get clever again with his selections and on field positioning again like he did at the start of last season. Arguably was our biggest issue for the first part of the season and lost us winnable games. Get the on field balancing right and we should do very well.

Jeff 1975

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2018
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Nice to see some confidence here

Unfortunately I don’t think Keith or Naughton will play in the early rounds

That being said I’ll go with all being equal

Back 6
Cordy, Lewis Young, Crozier
Wood, Keith, Suckling

Mid 6
English, Bont, Richards
Hunter, Dunkley, Macrae

Forward 6
Bruce, Naughton, Dale
Bailey Smith, Schache, Lloyd

Inter from
Libba, Lipinski, JJ, Trengove, McLean, Wallis, Dickson, Sweet or
Draft Pick

Euku

All Australian
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
B: Wood Young Crozier
HB: Daniel Keath JJ
C: Hunter Macrae Lipinski
HF:Schache Naughton Wallis
FF: Dale Bruce Weightman
R: English Bont Dunkley
IC: Richards, Libba, McLean, Smith

Pretty good lineup. Although on 2019 form it would be hard to leave out Suckling, LLoyd and Duryea. So pre-season form and fitness will be crucial for those who are not automatic selections.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

No lead goal kicker? Ok

Highlander

Senior List
Nov 2, 2012
Victoria
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
H.Crozier - Le.Young - Z.Cordy
E.Wood - A.Keath - B.Williams
J.Johanissen - M.Bontempelli- L.Hunter
B.Dale - A.Naughton - J.Schache
S.Lloyd - J.Bruce - C.Weightman
T.English - J.Macrae - J.Dunkley
C.Daniel - P.Lipinski - T.Mclean - B.Smith

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
All depends on wether bevo decides to get clever again with his selections and on field positioning again like he did at the start of last season. Arguably was our biggest issue for the first part of the season and lost us winnable games. Get the on field balancing right and we should do very well.
My end of season review was quite staggering when you factored things like winning contested ball and total
possessions. We lost total possessions twice up to the BYE, and four times after the BYE, we lost the
contested possession count four times up to the BYE, and six times after the BYE. Our V.O.S.S was very
interesting there was a magic number that if we fell below made it very difficult to win. Nothing is ever
the same week to week, but the impact of injury cannot be underestimated in that losing players helped us
at times.

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Every team I see Daniel in the backline makes me cringe

sure he can distribute but cannot defend. Duryea every day of the week for me.

Daniel off the bench plugging holes and rotations
Brace yourself for a cringing 2020 then because Bevo clearly wants him there.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Brace yourself for a cringing 2020 then because Bevo clearly wants him there.

Yep, he obviously didn’t look at the last 6 weeks and how we played with him out of there.

If he does hopefully it doesn’t last long because I think it’s the difference between us being a contender and not

My end of season review was quite staggering when you factored things like winning contested ball and total
possessions. We lost total possessions twice up to the BYE, and four times after the BYE, we lost the
contested possession count four times up to the BYE, and six times after the BYE. Our V.O.S.S was very
interesting there was a magic number that if we fell below made it very difficult to win. Nothing is ever
the same week to week, but the impact of injury cannot be underestimated in that losing players helped us
at times.

Your riddle infested code word based posting style is tiresome. Get some new shtick or dumb it down for us oldies please Yojimbo.

WBD76

Team Captain
Jun 16, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Change: Out Dickson. In Weightman
Backs: Hayden Crozier Alex Keath Easton Wood
Half Backs: Jason Johanissen Lewis Young Zaine Cordy
Centres: Patrick Lipinksi Marcus Bontempelli Lachie Hunter
Followers: Tim English Josh Dunkley Jack McRae
Half Forwards: Bailey Dale Aaron Naughton Sam Lloyd
Forwards: Toby Mclean Josh Bruce Cody Weightman
Interchange: Bailey Williams Josh Schache Rylee West
Bailey Smith

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Your riddle infested code word based posting style is tiresome. Get some new shtick or dumb it down for us oldies please Yojimbo.
I am an oldie, sorry maddog37 the volume of scoring shots or V.O.S.S magic number is 24 high winning %
when over 24 scoring shots unless you kick 2 goals, 22 behinds that is. The possession and contested
numbers are opposite of the wins which happened thanks to injury and a slightly different movement of
ball without Wallis, Liberatore and Daniel not that I am pointing the finger at all.

Euku

All Australian
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No lead goal kicker? Ok
I guess i prefer wallis to lloyd for versatility and endurance around the ground but lloyd is the better goal kicker id be happy with either in that position to be honest

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
H.Crozier - Le.Young - Z.Cordy
E.Wood - A.Keath - B.Williams
J.Johanissen - M.Bontempelli- L.Hunter
B.Dale - A.Naughton - J.Schache
S.Lloyd - J.Bruce - C.Weightman
T.English - J.Macrae - J.Dunkley
C.Daniel - P.Lipinski - T.Mclean - B.Smith

That would be my starting 22 as well. Only question mark is Williams but I would love to see him there round 1. I can't remember the last time we had a forward line that looked that potent.

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
A few changes from last time I tried it

Cordy Trengove Wood
JJ Keath Crozier
B. Smith Bont Hunter
Lipinski Naughton Lloyd
Schache Bruce Dale
English Dunkley Macrae
Daniel Libba McLean Suckling

ArNcHiSe

Senior List
Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
FB: Wood Trengove Crozier
HB: Dureya Keath Suckling
C: JJ Bont Hunter
HF: Lipinski Naughton Schache
FF: Lloyd Bruce Dale
Fol: English Dunks Macrae
Int: Richards Daniel Smith West

just couldn’t find a spot for Libba, Wallis and Cordy. Unfortunately I don’t see them being anything more than depth.

ExRoyboy

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
FB: Wood, Lew Young, Crozier
HB: Dureya, Keath, JJ
C: Hunter, Macrae, Lipinski
HF: Dale, Naughton, McLean
FF: Weightman, Bruce, Lloyd
R: English, Bont, Dunks
Int: Libba, Daniel, Smith, Suckling

In this team I am keeping positive that Lewis Young continues to develop over the off season to the point where he now keeps Trengove out of the team at full back. If he still isn’t ready then I would replace him with Trengove with no problems, I don’t mind Jackson at Full Back.
If Naughton isn’t fit yet then Schache comes in to replace him. I’m also banking on Weightman impressing in pre season to force his way into the team. If he doesn’t then maybe it’s another youngster in Rhylee or if not I’d happily go with Dickson if fit, I always feel pretty confident with him in the forward line. I really hope Libba is fit and firing, I think we missed him greatly when he went out, especially in the final against GWS.

Last edited:

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lots of people expecting an 18yo draftee to jump the queue of some/all of Lloyd, Dickson and Dale (and Lipinski )...
I'm pretty sure many (myself included) were similarly sceptical a couple years back about Ed Richards. If he shows promise over the next couple of months, and especially if any injuries happen, there is a very solid chance that Weightman is playing round 1. In fact, I get the impression the club basically expects the first round draftees to be featuring very early

Back