Unofficial Preview Best 22! Who’s in the team Round 1, 2023?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do this each night as the equivelant of counting sheep. Very rarely make it to the HF line!

FB: DGB - Blanck - Hardwick
HB: Jiath - Sicily - Scrimshaw

MID: Reeves - Newcombe - O'Meara
MID: Ward - Worpel - Amon

HF: Moore - Koschitzke - Wingard
FF: Breust - Lewis - Brockman

INT: Lynch - Day - MacDonald - Nash
EMG: Maginness - Morrison - Frost - Impey

You've then got all the potential ins, I mean if we get any of Cadman, Sheezel, Tsatas etc then they're going to play round 1.

Potential R1 Team
DGB - Blanck - Hardwick
CJ - Sicily - Day

Morrison - Moore - Amon
Reeves - Newcombe - Ward

O'Meara - Scrimshaw - Wingard
Breust - Lewis - Brockman

Bench: Lynch/Ramsden/Meek - Frost - MacDonald - Maginness
Sub: Nash
Emg : Worpel - Kozi - Morris

It's worth noting, I'm fairly certain we won't see Scrimshaw, Day, Sicily or any other back at CHF next season, but I'd rather play Morrison on the wing and one of them at half forward than Day/CJ/Scrimshaw on a wing and Kozi at CHF. And as with every year, this will all change after preseason training and everything.

Depth
Tall Backs: Blanck DGB Frost | Jeka
Running Backs: Sicily | Day CJ Scrimshaw | Impey Maginness
Small Backs: Hardwick | Morris
Midfield: Newcombe Ward Moore | O'Meara Wingard | Nash Worpel Long
Wing: Amon | Morrison Day CJ | Scrimshaw Impey Ward MacDonald | Bramble Butler SMitch Saunders
Tall Forwards: Lewis | Scrimshaw Kozi | Serong Ramsden Long
Half Forwards: Wingard O'Meara Moore | Day MacDonald | Long Saunders SMitch
Small Forwards: Moore Bruest | Brockman Butler | Saunders
Rucks: Reeves | Lynch Meek Ramsden

Missed:

Potential Pick 6's
Mackenzie: Midfield, Wing | Half Forward, Half Back
Clark: Midfield, Wing | Half Forward, Small Forward
Humphrey: Half Forward, Small Forward | Midfield
Ginbey: Half Back, Midfield | Half Forward
Phillipou: Half Forward | Wing, Tall Forward | Midfield
Jefferson: Tall Forward | Tall Back?

Very hard to fit in all the backs (Hardwick and Sicily locks - but best mix of day, CJ, scrim, Morris, DGB, etc) and small forwards (Breust and Moore a lock - but how to fit in chad, butler, McDonald, Brockman) - lots of names but the order is tough as lots of relatively unproven players and trying to guess who’ll take next step.

I imagine we’ll have a few guys we’ll fasttrack like we did for Ward, McDonald, Blanck and DGB this year - maybe Ramsden, possibly Jeka, serong and draftees TBD.

And as always a few guys always have breakout preseasons and a few positional changes.

Hardwick Sicily DGB
Day Jeka CJ
Amon Newcombe Ward
Moore Ramsden Scrim
Breust Lewis Butler (or brock)
Reeves JOM Finn
I: McDonald Chad Morris Nash
E: Kosi, Morrison, worpel, frost

*and yes I know Morrison will likely be named on wing.

FB: Hardwick -Blank - Sicily
HB: Jiath - DGB - Scrimshaw
C: Day - O’Meara - Amon
HF: Moore - Meek - Phillipou
FF: Butler - Lewis - Wingard
R: Reeves - Ward - Newcombe
IC: Bruest- Worpel - Tsatas -Impey
Sub: Brockman
Emg: Nash, Maginess, Morrison, McDonald

Pick 2: Tsatas (pick 6 + 16(Mitchell deal) Dream scenario
Pick 7: Phillipou

They won't play this team round 1, but would love Sam to be brave and pull the band aid off.

All I ask for round 1 (and all subsequent rounds) is we pick a team of players that are actually match fit.

No more letting Wingard, Impey, JOM play injured/unfit and run them into form over 5 weeks (by which time the season is already well and truely buggered).

Mitch needs to be firm with his senior players (in fact all players) this year, you pull on the boots you are fit to go.

FB: Sicily Blanck Hardwick
HB: Jiath Jeka Day
C: Amon Ward Morrison
HF: Moore Lewis MacDonald
FF: Breust Kozzy Wingard
R: Reeves JOM Newcombe

I: Scrimshaw Lynch Worpel Maginness

Depth: Frost Impey Bramble Nash Morris Saunders* O'Hara DGB S.Mitchell* Brockman Long Serong Ramsden Butler Pick 6 Pick 16 ...

Excited about this team 😍

Best 23 (as it were)

B: Hardwick - Frost - CJ
HB: Sicily - DGB - Morrison
W: Maginness - Newcombe - Amon
HF: Scrimshaw - Lewis - Wingard
F: Breust - Lynch/Meek - JOM

R: Reeves - Day - Moore

I: McDonald Ward Lynch/Meek Impey Morris/Blanck

Depth: Kozi Morris/Blanck Jeka Worpel Nash Bramble Butler Serong Brockman Saunders Mitchell Long Ramsden

Reckon they’ll go ahead with Scrimshaw forward as we simply need an X-factor third tall to replace Gunston who does weird shit and he’s likely to cause more headaches than Frost. Also Frost in defence is far less risky!

Defenders + 1 bench
Blanck Sicily DGB Day Jiath Hardwick Morris
Mids +1 bench
Newk Worpel Ward Maginness
Wings
Morrison Amon
Forwards +1 bench
Lewis Kosi scrimshaw Breust wingard Moore MacDonald
Rucks +1 bench
reeves lynch
Emergencies from
Bramble brockman butler frost impey jeka long nash omeara

Looks like a solid squad building just need a few extra top end talents and a better kosi for Lewis to partner with.

Here's my pre draft prediction, with Amon and Meek into the playing list, Gunston and Tom Mitchell out. Thoughts very welcome

B: Hardwick ~ Blanck ~ DGB
HB: Jiath ~ Sicily ~ Scrimshaw

C: Ward ~ Worpel ~ Amon
RR: Reeves ~ Newcombe ~ O'Meara

HF: Moore ~ Koschitzke ~ Brockman
FF: Bruest ~ Lewis ~ Wingard

INT: Day ~ Maginness ~ Butler ~ McDonald
SUB: Bramble/ Long/ Impey ~ Lynch/ Meek depending on height factor - may force Kozi out if he can't perform as a second ruck

B Hardwick Frost Scrim
HB Day Sicily Jiath
C Amon O'Meara Impey
HF Moore DGB MacDonald
FF Breust Lewis Brockman

R Meek Newcombe Ward
INT Reeves Morrison Blanck Nash Maginness

With plenty of defenders and still potential till gaps with forwards, will Scrimshaw or frost play forward?
Wasted playing at BH if they don’t fit into back six/bench?

We really need get a full pre season into Impey and lock him into a position and back in him. I reckon back pocket and tell him that spot is his. He was so good those first two years he came over. If he gets back to that it would make us so much better. Lock him and Dimma in down there, we can move the magnets of CJ, Day, Scrim and Frost easier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really need get a full pre season into Impey and lock him into a position and back in him. I reckon back pocket and tell him that spot is his. He was so good those first two years he came over. If he gets back to that it would make us so much better. Lock him and Dimma in down there, we can move the magnets of CJ, Day, Scrim and Frost easier
Was thinking that Sam might have him pegged for a defensive forward.

This could be quite difficult, but no point in not trying!

So i'll start with, this is what i'd want to start, it assumes a few players have a good pre season, and a few players come & go.

Mitchell isn't included as i believe he is leaving, Karl Amon is coming in, I believe we'll draft Cam MacKenzie so i have included him, and i rate him super highly.

Gunston is gone, and i've added a few little things, so Denver taking the spot but he and Frost will fight for it, Brockman having a good pre season and breaking into the Best 22 as the XFactor Small forward, and i assume James Sicily will be the captain in 2023.

Backline:
Blake Hardwick, James Blanck, James Sicily (C)
Changkuoth Jiath, Denver Grainger-Barass, Jack Scrimshaw

Midfield:
Harry Morrison, Jai Newcombe, Karl Amon
Ned Reeves, James Worpel, Josh Ward

Forwardline:
Chad Wingard, Emerson Jeka, Dylan Moore
Luke Breust, Mitchell Lewis, Tyler Brockman

Interchange:
Jaeger O'Meara (VC), Finn Maginness, Cam MacKenzie, Will Day

Emergency 6:

Conor Nash (STIFF!), Connor MacDonald, Sam Butler, Lachlan Bramble, Jacob Koschitzke, Max Ramsden

Happy and open to discussions!

Sam has plenty to work with.

I‘d like to see Sam persist for 22 games with:

2 talls (Lewis & Jeka) up forward with (Brockman, Wingard, Breust & Butler) at their feet

and

Jai(RR), Moore(Rov), and Worpel (Centre) as starting mids

and

Blanck (FB) and Kozi (CHB) in the KD posts.

All of Sicily, Hardwick, Amon, CJ, Day, & Scrimshaw as starting flankers. (BP, HB & Wings)

Bench: Ward, McDonald, JOM, Finn.

One Ruck with Lewis as 2nd Ruck.

Emergencies / Depth : DGB, Impey, Bramble, Frost, Morrison, Nash, Morris, Serong, Lynch)

Assumptions:

• Titch leaves otherwise he’s in the 22.
  • Not including any players from upcoming draft.

Best 22

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Day
HB: Sicily, Kozi, Scrimshaw
C: CJ, Worpel, Amon
HF: Breust, Jeka, Wingard
F: Brockman, Lewis, Butler
Foll: Reeves, Jai, Moore
Int: Finn, JOM, Ward, McDonald.

We’re not finishing bottom 4 with that amount of talent available all year and that amount of depth. We should be pushing finals.

All for one and one for all.

Hardwick Blanck DGB
Jiath Sicily Scrimshaw
Amon Newcombe Day
OMeara Lewis Moore
Wingard Kosi Bruest

Reeves, Ward, Mitchell

McDonald, Macguiness, Impey, Meek

Sub: Butler.

I think we will keep Mitchell but hope Bowes takes his spot. Would really like Brockman and our early pick(s) to be pushing for a spot in the 22.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hardwick Blanck DGB
Jiath Sicily Scrimshaw
Amon Newcombe Day
OMeara Lewis Moore
Wingard Kosi Bruest

Reeves, Ward, Mitchell

McDonald, Macguiness, Impey, Meek

Sub: Butler.

I think we will keep Mitchell but hope Bowes takes his spot. Would really like Brockman and our early pick(s) to be pushing for a spot in the 22.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Decent team but not sure the logic of Bowes taking Mitchell’s spot though.

From what I gather Bowes is a slow, inside accumulator and even at 28 Mitchell is still one of the best in the league at this role.

I think our real issues this year were our ruck woes, lack of midfield depth/contested ball ability and lack of forward line pressure/small forwards.

We fix those issues I can see Tom still being a valuable contributor to the team doing what he does best if he stays.

Decent team but not sure the logic of Bowes taking Mitchell’s spot though.

From what I gather Bowes is a slow, inside accumulator and even at 28 Mitchell is still one of the best in the league at this role.

I think our real issues this year were our ruck woes, lack of midfield depth/contested ball ability and lack of forward line pressure/small forwards.

We fix those issues I can see Tom still being a valuable contributor to the team doing what he does best if he stays.
Bowes is a good size mid, not slow, not quick, but he's composed and skillful and can find the footy, hasn't got alot of chance as a mid, more as a reading the play intercept defender.

Guarantee we play 2 rucks.

Fwd line to look something like:

Moore Kosi Breust
Chad. Lewis. Lynch/ Meek

I am not so sure. The Blicav success in the GF might get MItchell thinking about playing Kosi and Nash in the 22 and have them support Reeves.

I am not so sure. The Blicav success in the GF might get MItchell thinking about playing Kosi and Nash in the 22 and have them support Reeves.
Sam’s not silly. Neither Nash nor Kosi have shown anything close to what a Blicavs has as a stand in ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back