Remove this Banner Ad

Untapped team:

B: Miller Young Tresize
HB: Smith Gibcus Brown
C: Banks Dow Ralphsmith
HF: Coulthard Kozi Clarke
FF: Bauer Fawcett Cumberland
R: Ryan Sonsie McAuliffe

I: Campbell Green Lefau/Scofield (Mansell MRJ Ross)

Sure I've missed some - just off top of my head.
Positions all arguable but generally all have more experienced players in place ahead of them.
Expect 2 of these KPF to play regularly as only Lynch, Balta, Grimes the experience ahead of them.
Likewise small forward only really has Bolton & Dusty ahead.
Midfielders and HBF probably going to have the biggest challenge breaking into the team.

Ralphsmith needs to breakout or else likely gone.
Cumbo, Mansell, MRJ also need to cement spots.
Ross still less experienced than McIntosh & Pickett on the wing but would think is safe.

Untapped team:

B: Miller Young Tresize
HB: Smith Gibcus Brown
C: Banks Dow Ralphsmith
HF: Coulthard Kozi Clarke
FF: Bauer Fawcett Cumberland
R: Ryan Sonsie McAuliffe

I: Campbell Green Lefau/Scofield (Mansell MRJ Ross)

Sure I've missed some - just off top of my head.
Positions all arguable but generally all have more experienced players in place ahead of them.
Expect 2 of these KPF to play regularly as only Lynch, Balta, Grimes the experience ahead of them.
Likewise small forward only really has Bolton & Dusty ahead.
Midfielders and HBF probably going to have the biggest challenge breaking into the team.

Ralphsmith needs to breakout or else likely gone.
Cumbo, Mansell, MRJ also need to cement spots.
Ross still less experienced than McIntosh & Pickett on the wing but would think is safe.
That's a pretty exciting team right there and no ones playing out of position. Tells us we've done a good job quickly covering some of the glaring holes we had in our development over the last few years.

That's a pretty exciting team right there and no ones playing out of position. Tells us we've done a good job quickly covering some of the glaring holes we had in our development over the last few years.
oppo supporters will tel you we have no kids that will make it, meanwhile they dont actually no our list at all.

Here is me having a go

B Young Balta Gibcus
HB Short Broad Vlastuin
C Banks Dow Ross
HF Dusty Kosi Baker
F Bolton Lynch Clarke
Fol Nank Taranto Hopper
Bench Rioli Ryan Graham Prestia
Sub Cumberland

I personally see Dow and Sonsie fighting for the same sport so long as Prestia or Hopper are able to play every game

Here is me having a go

B Young Balta Gibcus
HB Short Broad Vlastuin
C Banks Dow Ross
HF Dusty Kosi Baker
F Bolton Lynch Clarke
Fol Nank Taranto Hopper
Sub Cumberland

I personally see Dow and Sonsie fighting for the same sport so long as Prestia or Hopper are able to play every game
Not bad but maybe too tall? I don't think we'll play all of Nank, Ryan, Lynch and Kosi, I think Kosi will play backup ruck when the main one rests.

Below is the team I'd like to see us use as the foundation of our 2024 line up. The focus is primarily on long term development of the next generation, while also giving us a good chance to win games or at the very least be competitive in most games. In the VFL there will be a large number of experienced premiership winners running around, who can not only provide leadership/mentoring to the kids coming through, but can be there to come in to the senior side if/when required for injuries/poor form

B: Josh Gibcus (20yo 18 games) Noah Balta (24yo 85 games) Tyler Young (25yo 19 games)

HB: Daniel Rioli (26yo 160 games) Nick Vlastuin (29yo 211 games) Jayden Short (28yo 153 games)

C: Sam Banks (20yo 6 games) Tim Taranto (26yo 137 games) Jack Ross (23yo 63 games)

HF: Shai Bolton (25yo 113 games) Jacob Koschitzke (23yo 48 games) Liam Baker (26yo 110 games)

F: Dustin Martin (32yo 289 games) Tom Lynch (31 yo 216 games) Noah Cumberland (22yo 18 games)

R: Toby Nankervis (29yo 136 games) Jacob Hopper (27yo 130 games) Thomson Dow (22yo 17 games)

INT: Tom Brown (20yo 1 game) Tyler Sonsie (21yo 10 games) Kane McAuliffe (19yo YTD) Samson Ryan (23yo 15 games) Judson Clarke (20yo 16 games)

B: Kaleb Smith Ben Miller Dylan Grimes

HB: Hugo Ralphsmith Nathan Broad James Trezise

C: Kamdyn McIntosh Jack Graham Marlion Pickett

HF: Matthew Coulthard Jacob Bauer Steely Green

F: Rhyan Mansell Liam Fawcett Seth Campbell

R: Sam Naismith Dion Prestia Maurice Rioli

INT: Mate Colina Oliver Hayes-Brown
Do we have an issue with depth ? Pretty impressive Reserves Side - what is the stats with the Seniors winning Ratio when Broad and Prestia play - it is impressive !

Here is me having a go

B Young Balta Gibcus
HB Short Broad Vlastuin
C Banks Dow Ross
HF Dusty Kosi Baker
F Bolton Lynch Clarke
Fol Nank Taranto Hopper
Sub Cumberland

I’ll be disappointed if Brown doesn’t break into the side and play 12 + games.
I know there’s a knock on his endurance but potentially could be in our top 2 or 3 u21s.
I’d be giving him every opportunity this year, one of the first I’d be trying to fast track

I’ll be disappointed if Brown doesn’t break into the side and play 12 + games.
I know there’s a knock on his endurance but potentially could be in our top 2 or 3 u21s.
I’d be giving him every opportunity this year, one of the first I’d be trying to fast track
Giving he's now close to 7ft tall he may well end up edging Nank out of the side by r12.

Last edited:
Continuing my rolling team based on pre-season info as it comes to hand

B: ??? ??? Gibcus
HB: Martin ??? Vlastuin
C: ??? Sonsie (C) Graham
HF: kozi ??? Baker
F: M.Rioli Hayes-Brown Bauer
R: Nankervis Taranto McAuliffe
INT: Naismith Colina Clarke Lynch

COACH: Yze

A few additional changes:

• Baker comes in to HFF after more hype
  • Lynch running again, straight to the bench
  • Graham under Easy talkin' big game for 2024, onto a wing
  • Vlastuin been surfing on Roar Vision so we know hes got some down time about him already – stick him on a back pocket
  • Martin IN but going to play off HBF
  • Nank takes main ruck position after being named official captain
  • Conti OUT (hype over)

Continuing my rolling team based on pre-season info as it comes to hand

C: ??? Sonsie (C) Graham
HF: kozi ??? Baker
F: M.Rioli Hayes-Brown Bauer
R: Nankervis Taranto McAuliffe
INT: Naismith Colina Clarke Lynch

COACH: Yze

A few additional changes:

• Baker comes in to HFF after more hype
  • Lynch running again, straight to the bench
  • Graham under Easy talkin' big game for 2024, onto a wing
  • Vlastuin been surfing on Roar Vision so we know hes got some down time about him already – stick him on a back pocket
  • Martin IN but going to play off HBF
  • Nank takes main ruck position after being named official captain
  • Conti OUT (hype over)
Hayes-Brown in your best 23?! :think: What's he done?

We certainly have to get games into the younger players. To be honest Grimes and McIntosh should only be considered as depth now. However, I feel there is still a spot Pickett. He can play in multiple positions. Lynch not playing early might be a good thing. We need to discover other options and opportunities. Balta, Kozitski, Bauer, Ryan or the successful train on player. If Lynch manages to get back it's a extra bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of left field, but where does Baker play this year. I have been trying to fit him in best 22 but not sure where. He is great off the half back, but not sure his deep defensive work is all that good. If they kick it high he is done. Trezise, Brown and Banks are coming on back there, and they are all pretty good defensively.

Is he a forward, he is good enough, but there is some real natural forwards coming through.

I don't think he is a midfielder, although he has been great at times when he plays there at times. A bit small and gets moved aside very easily.

Could he play wing? Nothing gets past him on the ground and he is a good user.

Talent wise he is easy best 22, I wish he was 6" taller.

Out of left field, but where does Baker play this year. I have been trying to fit him in best 22 but not sure where. He is great off the half back, but not sure his deep defensive work is all that good. If they kick it high he is done. Trezise, Brown and Banks are coming on back there, and they are all pretty good defensively.

Is he a forward, he is good enough, but there is some real natural forwards coming through.

I don't think he is a midfielder, although he has been great at times when he plays there at times. A bit small and gets moved aside very easily.

His best position is a hard one. We have plenty of HB flankers via some untried youth so it makes sense to move him out of the backline.

I think he can play mid/fwd to a very high level, thats my choice.

He has been training with the mids I believe, which I like as he adds something different to all our other midfielders. His elite ground ball get work and tenacity will be nice on ball. He's an elite half back but as you say we're well stocked there.

He has been training with the mids I believe, which I like as he adds something different to all our other midfielders. His elite ground ball get work and tenacity will be nice on ball. He's an elite half back but as you say we're well stocked there.
Mildfield could also mean out on the wing as part of rotations perhaps. As I said he played some very good games in the middle, but it wore him down a bit I thought. I think he would go well on the wing. Was thinking Rioli or Short would be good on the wing, why not Baker.

Could be our Zac Butters. need to remember last year he played some midfield but hadnt trained to do so.

This seems like a pretty balanced team. Looking at it for the first game (Round 0) I suspect that we will not have Grimes available and maybe not Lynch and Cumberland as well. Even if they were available, that's a lot of suspect players to carry. The other big issue is that your defence is very reliant on Young. Having both Balta and Kosi picked in the forward line gives some flexibility if King started domination Young. It will be interesting to see how your side compares to the actual Round 0 side.

Out of left field, but where does Baker play this year

Either as a 7th defender in general play (back in 2020, I remember that Baker was very effective as an extra HB, which we had Broad, Grimes, Balta/Astbury, Houli, Vlastuin and Short all playing as defenders), or as the high half-fwd that plays midfield, like Lambert.

After the match sim game I didn't watch:

C: M.Rioli McAuliffe (C) Graham
HF: ??? ??? Baker
F: Bolton Balta ???
R: Nankervis Taranto ???
INT: Naismith Colina Clarke Sonsie

COACH: Yze & Camel

Changes:
  • Prestia wasnt in, but now he's definitely not in
  • McAuliffe new captain moves straight into the guts after his dominant performance
  • Bolton IN to the forward pocket – because he's going to be playing mostly forward
  • MRJ reckon I saw a highlight where he ran on the wing, so he moves to a wing
  • Sonsie was captain, and centre. Now he moves to the bench (slow apparently)
  • Hayes-Brown OUT, dont even know if he played
  • Balta FF (Richo v2)
  • Bauer OUT, kozi OUT, Lynch OUT
  • Camel IN (shared coaching role with Oooze)
Notes:
Team is actually getting smaller

After match sim and Yze insight today -

fb- Vlastuin, Young, Broad
hb- Rioli, Gibcus, Short
c- Banks, Hopper, Ross
hf- Graham, Balta, Cumberland
ff- Bolton, Lynch, Kosi
r- Nank, Dusty, Taranto

i/c- Prestia, Baker, Trezise, Mansell
Emg: Sonsie, Clarke, Brown, Dow

Kosi's spot iffy if Lynch is fit. Looks like a pretty good side to me though. Shouldn't be near bottom 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back