Captain: Jarrod Witts, Touk Miller

BEST 23​

FB: C. Budarick, S. Collins, M. Andrew
HB: L. Weller, C. Ballard, W. Powell
C: B. Ellis, N. Anderson, S. Flanders
HF: M. Rosas, J. Lukosius, B. Humphrey
FF: B. Ainsworth, B. King, J. Walter
F: J. Witts, M. Rowell, T. Miller
INT: N. Holman, D. Swallow, J. Rogers, J. Jeffrey, B. Fiorini (sub)

GOLD COAST

Coach: Damien Hardwick
Captain: Jarrod Witts, Touk Miller

BEST 23​

FB: C. Budarick, S. Collins, M. Andrew
HB: L. Weller, C. Ballard, W. Powell
C: B. Ellis, N. Anderson, S. Flanders
HF: M. Rosas, J. Lukosius, B. Humphrey
FF: B. Ainsworth, B. King, J. Walter
F: J. Witts, M. Rowell, T. Miller
INT: N. Holman, D. Swallow, J. Rogers, J. Jeffrey, B. Fiorini (sub)

Ooft what a stacked squad!

If that is the team we roll out we are still going to be very strong in the vfl. Just off the top of my head
Lemmens Graham dmac
W Graham Brock uwland
Faulkhead Davies farrar
Mahony casboult sexton
Oea day read

Moyle Tsitas atkins
Johnstone rowlands clohesy, whoever else I forgot.
Weller not going to be available in the proposed afl team and Rogers seems unlikely so need some replacements there but looks a strong reserves team.

If that is the team we roll out we are still going to be very strong in the vfl. Just off the top of my head
Lemmens Graham dmac
W Graham Brock uwland
Faulkhead Davies farrar
Mahony casboult sexton
Oea day read

Moyle Tsitas atkins
Johnstone rowlands clohesy, whoever else I forgot.
Weller not going to be available in the proposed afl team and Rogers seems unlikely so need some replacements there but looks a strong reserves team.
A. Rance ;)

Hey guys,
What’s your prediction for the ‘23 named for Round 0? Had a practice game and know who’s in different positions/fit etc

Hey guys,
What’s your prediction for the ‘23 named for Round 0? Had a practice game and know who’s in different positions/fit etc
Difficult to say, Dimma just seeing what he's got. Best to wait for our GWS game

From what we have seen so far I think next week we will/hope roll out with.
Lemmens Collins Powell
Sexton ballard Andrew
Ellis Anderson fiorini
Humphrey Lukosius ainsworth
Holman King casboult

Witts Rowell miller
Flanders Berry Budarick read
Sub- Swallow

Casboult, read or King could be subbed out if the talls aren't going too well. Personally I'd like to see Jeffery but unless he is best on ground tonight it doest seem likely. Also wouldn't be against atkins as I think we need his kicking.
Not sure if Andrew goes back to defence but we need another tall and read could also rotate there if Andrew chops out ruck/fwd.
When fit walter> casboult, weller> either sexton, fiorini, Ellis. Rosas > berry or holman.

I'm working through a list preview before round with some attempt to forecast who will play where. I've written a little individual point about almost every player and I started with KEY DEFENDERS full preview at this link:
Gold Coast List Preview 2024: Key Defenders

The Suns’ key defence is quite settled at the moment, Sam Collins, Charlie Ballard and Mac Andrew played pretty much the whole season together last year. The main options we have who might feature in their place are Caleb Graham, Joel Jeffrey, Jy Farrar and Ethan Read. Hardwick usually played with three talls at Richmond so I don’t expect that to change. Jeffrey and Read are the big watches here. Can Jeffrey earn a spot as a tall running halfback? Is Read ready to be thrown in to the big time already?

I'm working through a list preview before round with some attempt to forecast who will play where. I've written a little individual point about almost every player and I started with KEY DEFENDERS full preview at this link:
Gold Coast List Preview 2024: Key Defenders

The Suns’ key defence is quite settled at the moment, Sam Collins, Charlie Ballard and Mac Andrew played pretty much the whole season together last year. The main options we have who might feature in their place are Caleb Graham, Joel Jeffrey, Jy Farrar and Ethan Read. Hardwick usually played with three talls at Richmond so I don’t expect that to change. Jeffrey and Read are the big watches here. Can Jeffrey earn a spot as a tall running halfback? Is Read ready to be thrown in to the big time already?
Damn it, you gave up on Brock. I wouldn’t have characterise Jeffrey and Farrar as key defenders.

Damn it, you gave up on Brock. I wouldn’t have characterise Jeffrey and Farrar as key defenders.
oh yeah missed Sandy. Feel he might be in the Graham bracket unless something drastic happens tho. Jeffrey and Farrar feel like third talls to me despite their marking ability. Can't be bothered with a medium defender category, felt unnecessary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back