Best acts on a footy field

Remove this Banner Ad

As mentioned earlier, Crozier to Marshall. A small thing but a nice gesture.

Also Kelly getting Chaired of by Heppel and Selwood. Not too often you would see that I imagined

Nope. Jack is an opposition player that played probably what 20 games against him? Would rather have seen someone like Justin Koschitzke or Stephen Milne come on the oval and carry him off

Yeah they aren't related or anything just a random opponent chairing him off. Honestly, lovely to see family connections in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong were the ones responsible for giving a cap to the Auskick kids on the victory dias on grand final day. Originally they wanted to give the kids a bag of goodies each, but the AFL nixed that idea, so they settled on a cap each instead.

Geelong were the ones responsible for giving a cap to the Auskick kids on the victory dias on grand final day. Originally they wanted to give the kids a bag of goodies each, but the AFL nixed that idea, so they settled on a cap each instead.

I remember reading about this, I believe the idea came about after we saw how West Coast acted on the dais (I think they shunned the kids pretty much) and wanted to set a much better example by both giving the kids a cap and interacting with them (saying hello and thank-you etc, shaking their hand etc.)

Did that get any weeks at the time?

how many weeks do you think that would get today?

I’m not sure exactly what year it is from but looking at AFL tables it appears he didn’t get suspended!

As the vision is in colour it must be 1975 or after.

Balme always played the week following a Saints game.

We did play the Saints in R22 in 1976 but Balme played R1 the following year.

I’m sure the tribunal appearance would have been a confusing one for big Carl as he would have been sitting on the opposite side of the room compared to what he was used to.

At least he could still use his reserved parking spot out the front.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back