Travel Best and Worst Airlines

Remove this Banner Ad

QR business class is better than EK.
EK has the best lounges (by a significant margin)
SQ has the best customer service on the ground. (EK customer service Dubai airport really let's them down)
CX has the best cabin crew, QF the worst.

Norwegian isn't a full service airline. Don't think complaining about the lack of complementary food is warranted for non full service airlines as it's the first thing they cut.

Etihad is regarded as the poorer cousin of the big 3 Middle Eastern international long-haul airlines. Fares from Perth using Etihad are often substantially cheaper than Qatar and Emirates and it is for good reason.

Last edited:

My favourites are:
-Cathay, Air New Zealand, Emirates, Singapore Airlines (International)
-Qantas (Domestic)
Of the International ones I haven't tried, I have heard good things about Lufthansa but can't personally vouch for it

I won't name my least favourite airlines, but I do think that we generally get what we pay for :p

Norwegian isn't a full service airline. Don't think complaining about the lack of complementary food is warranted for non full service airlines as it's the first thing they cut.

Etihad is regarded as the poorer cousin of the big 3 Middle Eastern international long-haul airlines. Fares from Perth using Etihad are often substantially cheaper than Qatar and Emirates and it is for good reason.

Quite sad because Etihad blow both of them away in terms of soft and hard product

What's so bad about United? I've heard the same.

They're like, a fully fledged, full on airline right? Not budget?

9 out of 10 doctors recommend United Airlines.

My mum has flown with them a couple of times to the USA; she said that they're outdated, cramped, the food isn't great even by airline standards and that the flight attendants aren't very polite. And yeah, they're a full service carrier. Apart from those two times, she has flown Qantas to the USA and says that she won't fly with United again if given the choice.

I've been flying for work for 20+ years and for me Singapore has consistently been the best.
Emirates probably number 2.

In general I've found that the full carrier Asian and Middle Eastern airlines are better than European and American airlines.

As for Oz airlines, I always prefer to fly Virgin, mostly for points, but I do prefer their service to Qantas.

SQ was head and shoulders above everyone in the eighties and nineties but then got too arrogant. Thought the brand would sell itself. Emirates have bought them back to earth, and they are again focusing on what made them great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about the other guys, but the time I flew with them back from the US they didn't have individual entertainment units, just those fold down TV's every few aisles. Not a huge deal but you'd think a 'full service' airline would provide more than that.

Flew United to and from the US in 2009. It was horrific
same had to fly them to the states and then domestically in the states
the international flight the plane was old and the service was poor, or so I thought until I experienced domestic

they had video cassette for their inflight entertainment showing double dragon or something equally bad, monitors came down out of the roof in the isle so I had to duck if I wanted to do to the toiler, they all needed a degauss and the tape was worn out so it had tracking issues

add to that international no booze, domestic 6 hour flight no food or drink included, thanks work for going the absolute cheapest fare possible

same had to fly them to the states and then domestically in the states
the international flight the plane was old and the service was poor, or so I thought until I experienced domestic

they had video cassette for their inflight entertainment showing double dragon or something equally bad, monitors came down out of the roof in the isle so I had to duck if I wanted to do to the toiler, they all needed a degauss and the tape was worn out so it had tracking issues

add to that international no booze, domestic 6 hour flight no food or drink included, thanks work for going the absolute cheapest fare possible

Yeah the no TVs in seat backs was a downer, even worse was that the big TV on the bulkhead a few aisle in front of us flickered the whole flight. 14 ******* hours! Just turn it off ffs

I like them. Would definitely fly with them again. They were my first international flight though so it was a while ago.
Flew from LAX to Bangkok with them and despite it being the longest flight of my life, it was enjoyable.

No love in here for Thai. Great airline with wonderful service.
I fly them once. Those multicoloured pastel seats were something else. I remember thinking they looked spacious but I was at the end of a row and slept the whole way. I sort of hate end of rows... fiddly little tables, TV ages away...

Not sure about the other guys, but the time I flew with them back from the US they didn't have individual entertainment units, just those fold down TV's every few aisles. Not a huge deal but you'd think a 'full service' airline would provide more than that.

That is a huge deal in 2018 on a long haul flight.

United now fly Dreamliners MEL to LAX - I found that really good back in 2015. I hadn't heard good things but was pleasantly surprised. Back via Sydney was an older plane but I don't remember it being that bad.D Domesticallythey were s**t though.

I fly weekly with Qantas for work and I can't complain at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back