Movie Best and Worst Stocking Filler

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Xmas has come and gone - if you are like me - you tend to receive DVDs as presents from rellies and friends. Lets be honest - there are some gems and some real turkeys.

Example: Got 3.10 to Yuma and Dark Knight on DVD - good score there. Also received Rambo.......I try not to laugh and say that its the thought that counts (well it would have thought more if thought were actually involved in purchasing the said present).

What is your best for this year (or any other) and your worst?

I only got three - Dexter S2, Rome S2, Entourage S4 - but requested them. :p Everyone I know knows I'm difficult to buy for DVD wise, so if I didn't ask they just give me vouchers. Easier that way.

I got two dvds this year

Kung Fu Panda and the cult martial arts film Bloodsport

Both are cool :thumbsu:

Yes, I know the acting in the non-fight scenes isn't great in Bloodsport but it's good for a laugh and some of quotes and characters are definitely memorable eg. Bolo Yeung as Chun Li is awesome (if you like that 'badass' type character) and the 'Monkey Man' fighter is hilarious.

Ya know what, I don't think I've ever been given a DVD for Christmas...weird. My families a big book family and when it comes to movies and TV I have most of what I like on my harddrive from the uni network.

Buying DVDs for people are really difficult and I can see how you'd get some shockers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back