Vic Best and worst train stations in Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I've caught the train from a few different stations over the years, so I'll just rank the ones I know well enough from best to worst for parking/location/design and population:

Good:
Heidelberg
Croydon
Ringwood East
Heatherdale

Average:
Ringwood
Mooroolbark
South Morang

Bad:
Preston
Boronia
Lilydale

I've caught the train from a few different stations over the years, so I'll just rank the ones I know well enough from best to worst for parking/location/design and population:

Good:
Heidelberg
Croydon
Ringwood East
Heatherdale

Average:
Ringwood
Mooroolbark
South Morang

Bad:
Preston
Boronia
Lilydale
I always feel like I'm going to get stabbed at Heidelberg.

Not so much station but when you are travelling late but still busy and there is an out of control dickhead on the train.

Do you tell him to shut up? Potentially aggravating the situation. Move carriages/get off? Stay and hope he buggers off quickly? Tell him to get off ergo challenging him to a fight?

Incidentally security walked past at one station while the train stopped and declined to get on.

Noise cancelling headphones completely bypass this problem.

Potentially but this guy was making some people (me included) seriously uncomfortable. Language (which even I concede was totally shocking) and demeanour. Getting in peoples faces etc. If you were to say stop it wouldn't of surprised me if he threw a punch. Best in this case just to wait for him to get off which he did.

Potentially but this guy was making some people (me included) seriously uncomfortable. Language (which even I concede was totally shocking) and demeanour. Getting in peoples faces etc. If you were to say stop it wouldn't of surprised me if he threw a punch. Best in this case just to wait for him to get off which he did.
Ignore unless he gets physical, if he does then get physical.

Early this year a couple were having a huge row on the train, I ignored it until he grabbed her and started shaking her, then stepped in between them and shoved him back, while somebody else got on the emergency line to the driver.

That was on the Weribee line. Everywhere I've been there has been an absolute shithole. No matter how nice the west looks, it's a lower class of human that lives there.

Best station is Burnley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Kensington is the ugliest piece of shite ever. It’s so narrow that two people can barely squeeze on the platform when side be side longways and its background is filled with hideous factories and trucks. It’s only saviour is on the opposite side, there are some nice trees and a bit of greenery.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Having had it as my local station for a while, agree with the above. Worst bit though was that all the trains are full because it’s only the Werribee line that stops there so a 7 minute train journey would regularly take half hour plus.

Daughter and I were coming home from the footy one night, it was pretty late like midnight and we missed our change at Caulfied and ended up at Patterson Station. Very dark, very isolated, not a single person around and you had to walk through a nasty underground tunnel to get to the road (we wernt staying there, went to call a taxi)
Exactly the sort of place a serial killer would stalk at night :eek:

Some on the worst list that probably don't deserve to be there. Same with the good list. Nothing against Castlemaine, in fact my old man comes from there so I know the place really well (grandparents still live there), but I'm a bit surprised that it's in the top 10. Just your average station really; I guess the locals must really love it.

Some on the worst list that probably don't deserve to be there. Same with the good list. Nothing against Castlemaine, in fact my old man comes from there so I know the place really well (grandparents still live there), but I'm a bit surprised that it's in the top 10. Just your average station really; I guess the locals must really love it.
Maybe people feel safe using the station, looking at the bottom 10 I know a few at least are high crime

Aircraft station is ******* terrible. List seems accurate
It's what Narre Warren used to look like before they made it a premium station.

Maybe people feel safe using the station, looking at the bottom 10 I know a few at least are high crime
I wonder if the fact the Victorian Goldfields Railway runs a steam train every to the station every Sunday/Wednesday/Saturday has something to do with it.

Why is Murrumbeena and Carnegie on there rated so badly they're both are construction sites.

Officer isn't excatly a great station. It's in the middle of nothing.

Why is Murrumbeena and Carnegie on there rated so badly they're both are construction sites.

Officer isn't excatly a great station. It's in the middle of nothing.
Ask people during construction if their station is good they are going to say no

Yeah that's probably it, a lot of old people live there so you wouldn't imagine that there'd be muppets running around racking stuff too often. There are some dodgy areas but they aren't particularly close to the station. I'm surprised that roxy isn't on the s**t list. It's horrible. Feel like half of the outer suburbs could be really. Chirnside park, croydon, boronia, Upper FTG, etc.

I get off at Armadale every day and have every day this year I still get confused between in South Yarra and Toorak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back