Vic Best and worst train stations in Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Tooronga and Gardiner are good ones especially after the footy. Well lit and usually a lot of people drive in from the suburbs to park at either station so half the train gets off at either stop.

One station past Laverton towards Werribee. Bit of a hole, yes, but I can think of many worse.
yep. many, many worse stations

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

South Kensington is the ugliest piece of shite ever. It’s so narrow that two people can barely squeeze on the platform when side be side longways and its background is filled with hideous factories and trucks. It’s only saviour is on the opposite side, there are some nice trees and a bit of greenery.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
probably why most trains stop all stations except sth kensington

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tooronga and Gardiner are good ones especially after the footy. Well lit and usually a lot of people drive in from the suburbs to park at either station so half the train gets off at either stop.
That's what I tend to do when the Pakenham line is shut down for work.

the top five are all built in the last few years, i think ormond-mckinnon-bentleigh are barely 18 months old. they're all 'safe' and 'clean' i guess, the rest of the top 10 i'm unfamiliar with. the best train stations, i reckon, are like in that inner-to-mid eastern corridor, the really old brick ones surrounded by trees, with no level crossings in very sleepy (if boring) suburbs. even past camberwell there's some real corkers in tiny little suburbs with like a cafe and a wealthy housewife boutique clothes store, feels really calming.

the top five are all built in the last few years, i think ormond-mckinnon-bentleigh are barely 18 months old. they're all 'safe' and 'clean' i guess, the rest of the top 10 i'm unfamiliar with. the best train stations, i reckon, are like in that inner-to-mid eastern corridor, the really old brick ones surrounded by trees, with no level crossings in very sleepy (if boring) suburbs. even past camberwell there's some real corkers in tiny little suburbs with like a cafe and a wealthy housewife boutique clothes store, feels really calming.
I sort of like the distinct feelings of those vaguer geographical areas and a lot of it is via the train stations. Those wood and brick ones with trees in the east are nice, then there’s the cramped and wet feeling concrete Soviet ones in the north west, then north east... well I don’t know, I used to just get the tram all the time.

The western suburbs have that weird feeling of being really hot and arid and balmy at night, even in winter. Maybe that’s just my experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Mr Andrews is promising more services on the Dandenong line with trains expected to run every 10 minutes and is extending the South Morang line to Mernda.

I see Mr Andrews is promising more services on the Dandenong line with trains expected to run every 10 minutes and is extending the South Morang line to Mernda.
The three stations for the Mernda extension are all nearly complete - apparently 6 months ahead of schedule

Happy days for South Morangatangs.

Like Surrey Hills and Mont Albert?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back