Environment Best atmosphere you've been part of?

Remove this Banner Ad

long time ago, 1989 state of origin, vics vs south aus. possibly the greatest line up of talent to ever grace a football field. 99% of the crowd was on the one team, dunstall and lockett in the forward line. 90k crowd, huge winning margin. the crowd spilling out onto batman ave after the match, the biggest kick to kick i've ever seen, the atmosphere at the ground was sensational and the corner hotel afterwards was out of control.

I watched the 2003 Jonny Wilkinson rugger final from a pub in England that was pretty lively, it was worth losing though just to see that petulant little rat of PM that we had at the time sulk through the presentations.

I was in Hickson Rd at The Rocks for that game. Not even space to breathe, the streets were crammed full. Amazing memory and all had forgotten the horror of a few years before (remember after 9/11 when people would avoid public spaces??) to enjoy being out and about again.

I keep remembering when I was in Vegas.

We stayed out all night (as you do) and got back to the hotel about 1030am.

Woke up and it was just as twilight was happening.

Was an amazing feeling opening the curtains and seeing the orange sky and lights slowly take hold down the strip.

A different kind of atmosphere but Goosebumpy.

Love it.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Guns N' Roses 'reunion' gig in Las Vegas, April 2016.
This was the first time in years that Slash and Duff were back in the band.

So much excitement and energy it was ridiculous. Some people around me were actually crying!
Never heard so many people together singing so many songs at the top of their voices.

Epic.

There's been some memorable moments at Cats games where the crowd really gets involved - quite rare these days. I reckon a vacuum cleaner would drown out our crowd at GMHBA.

Tuohy's goal this year, Isaac Smith's miss, pretty much the entire Easter Monday 2018 game, Gazza's goal vs North this year stand out though

I haven't been to too much else where I actually enjoyed the atmosphere (I went to our first final this and last year - the atmosphere wasn't exactly much fun when it wasn't us). I may have to update this though after Taylor Swift tours Melbourne - it's going to be electric inside Etih... Marvel Stadium

Definitely the 2018 GF last weekend. We were sitting near the 50m arc at ground level. The atmosphere was unbelievable. Loved hugging/taking photos with/talking to/generally celebrating with total strangers. We had lost our voices too.

There's been some memorable moments at Cats games where the crowd really gets involved - quite rare these days. I reckon a vacuum cleaner would drown out our crowd at GMHBA.

Tuohy's goal this year, Isaac Smith's miss, pretty much the entire Easter Monday 2018 game, Gazza's goal vs North this year stand out thoug.

The 2008 Grand Final wasn't too bad either....Come to think of it, 1989 was even better.

The 2008 Grand Final wasn't too bad either....Come to think of it, 1989 was even better.

I wasn't born for '89 and cried heaps after '08 at home, so I'm not sure how the atmosphere was at the ground.

I have watched the '89 GF pretty much in full though, I must admit that football was the winner that day. I've hardly seen anything of '08 since the game itself, but I know Ablett dominated and Dew killed us in the third quarter and a shot on goal on half time may have drifted left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't born for '89 and cried heaps after '08 at home, so I'm not sure how the atmosphere was at the ground.

I have watched the '89 GF pretty much in full though, I must admit that football was the winner that day. I've hardly seen anything of '08 since the game itself, but I know Ablett dominated and Dew killed us in the third quarter and a shot on goal on half time may have drifted left.
Same, I cried after 12 and cried after 13,14 and 15 with glee.

Growing up, I did the City2Surf in Sydney for most of primary school and high school. Kind of like Sydney's unofficial Mardi Gras parade, always thought that had a fantastic atmosphere, spectators lining the streets, live bands, fancy dress, racing dramas, etc. Done various races around the country, but the vibe at that event was always special (not too long, not too short, so gets in people of all fitness levels and ages). As a kid in the 90s/early 00s, it was a few hours bus day trip with a local athletics club, depart 5am and get back around 6pm. Great day out, fun atmosphere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back