Best Australian test batsmen this century

Remove this Banner Ad

I must say now that I think about it after looking at Hussey’s big scores innings by innings, geez he made a lot of runs when others also made a lot. Starting to maybe rethink my ranking of him.
Same could be said for the first two thirds of Clarke's career as well.
Hussey was still the better clutch player.

It’s a fair enough point, clarke’s Record of scoring big runs when others couldn’t is fairly minimal.
Going through his centuries, there are only half a dozen or so that came in innings where others didn’t manage a century.
There were 6-7 genuinely good, meaningful knocks but a lot that didn’t really come in very difficult circumstances

Test cricket, yes. All 3 mentioned were better players.
But Hussey has them all covered in odis
Are we forgetting how good Clarke was in ODI cricket? From 2009-2012 he was unbelievable, averaging 50 and had 4 hundreds. Bloke was an excellent ODI cricketer

All 3 were great limited overs cricketers
(Martyn, Hussey, Clarke)
I don't remember much of Martyn in ODI's because I really only started watching them in 2005 or 2006, the back end of his ODI career.

I don't remember much of Martyn in ODI's because I really only started watching them in 2005 or 2006, the back end of his ODI career.
Often anchored the innings but scored at a decent clip for his era and was brilliant on bunsen burners. Could bat anywhere from 1-6.
May still be the only aussie to carry his bat in odi cricket finishing on 116* out of a team total of 191 vs the kiwis in 2000 !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back