Opinion Best back 6 for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Duman probably caught between the need to bulk up and be an option to play KP if required, or maximise his speed and agility. What I think he should be doing is being lean and mean, outsizing the smalls while being able to stay with them in the contest. Also needs to make the most out of his disposals which I think can be better than he has shown, at least his pre-draft profile indicates that he can. But for me he is not locked into our back 6, and finds a place dependent on form and needs.
His form was very very good late last season.And he , in my opinion, was very unlucky to have lost his place earlier.He held that spot down with great assurance at seasons end.
For me a certain starter.

Ok so. New back six:
B: Pearson A.Pearce Wilson
HB: Ryan Hamling Young
Great kicking in that back six bar the key defenders.
Pearson is Chad Pearson. The maturer ager from South Freo 193cm tall defender with a great kick who can play on smalls and talls who we are rumoured to be very interested in. Logue plays all over the ground including some time in defence.

Assuming we get Young there's a reasonable chance we'll be fielding something like this down back next year:

B: Logue Hamling Ryan
HB: Young Pearce Wilson

The sexiness of that lineup aside what interests me most if we pick Young is which midfielder who rotates down back will miss out. I don't see a way of playing all of
Blakely/Conca/Aish/Tucker/Logue (utility) if we want to give Young games right away. wat do? Then there's also Hilly and Cerra to consider who could also find their way back there at times. If Acres is best 22 then there just aren't enough bench spots or flanks to fit them in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back