Best Ball User!

Remove this Banner Ad

Xx_Toomey_xX

Debutant
Apr 2, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who do you think is the best ball user who has all quality disposals. Not an ablett 1,2. But a didak flick up with his boot or a run from out of defense form scarlett.Just some names off the top of my head!

Akermanis, the guy is a genius on the footy field, His ability to seek out players is phenomenal.

Missed a few that I would have put in, especially including Hurn from West Coast, he is a sensational kick, one of the best in the league.

I think Akermanis on either side of the body is just a freak, can kick equally as well. Josh Drummond from defence is excellent too, hits a target more often than not, and Lindsay Gilbee too is very dangerous with the ball in his hands.

If we're talking about ball use overall including handballing, Simon Black has brilliant vision in a pack and the ability to fire off a handball and hit a target.

In close and under pressure I rate Judd. His ball use is exceptional when breaking tackles and handballing to the right spot. He doesn't have the pin point kick like some others when in free space but very rarely do his plays come undone. I think this thread has shown how we can tend to stereotype "ball use" to the flash goals or lace out passes without considering all facets of ball use. From the list though you could almost pick any of them at random, they are all good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judd is the best user in the comp. Every touch he has leaves a lasting impact on the game. Before him, hird was the best.

Out of this bunch I will go with Didak.

Chris Judd is easily the best overall. Even though his kicking has gotten iffy, his disposal is far better than anyone under pressure. Of this poll though, I'd go Drummond or Goddard.

Brent Reilly's use of the ball is genius, would be the best user of the ball on the Crows list, and would be top 5 in the AFL.

From the list above, i would say Josh Drummond.

not having cousins in there is kinda silly he would easily be in the top 5-10 in the afl!!!

buckly was good when he was playing also, but i know you can put him in the poll :p

Cousins doesn't have a long penetrating kick, I wouldn't rate him all that highly out of the above - a lot of the players listed can hit you lace out from 50+.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back