Opinion Best Bombers Win of 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Has to be Carlton. Went in huge underdogs after what they did to Collingwood the week before. We had not exactly set the world on fire in our first 3 rounds either.

I flew down to the game from Brisbane with one of my best mates - Carlton supporter (I have terrible judgement) - who was giving it to me all week leading into the game.....such a good good game :D

2012 is irrelevent.

Not quite, I do have one enduring memory.

I was working at the Rd 3 game between Carlton and Collingwood, and was leaving just after 3/4 time. Naturally, there were thousands of Pies fans leaving at the same time, and I was just soaking up the conversations. The majority of the talk was about how bad Buckley as and how you should have kept Malthouse. Then, from amidst the babble of grammatically incorrect outrage, one voice came through loud and clear: "he should of [sic] stayed at Brisbane". That memory is one of my all time favourites. :)

i thought the game against Richmond in round 8 was a great game to watch. Decent battle.

To rephrase the question without going too off topic, given the best wins of this season, Freo, Eagles, Carlton etc, Which team in 2013 will be the real bench mark? Putting aside Carlton and Collingwood due to rivalry, not sure who Essendon 'struggle' to get Past. For us its west coast or st kilda.

Melbourne:oops:

Best wins of 2012 were against Carlton, West Coast and Freo. Victory against Adelaide would have been up there, and over Sydney would have eclipsed them all... sigh.

I think we struggle to beat Adelaide, Hawthorn, Sydney and Collingwood.

Freo for mine.
A comprehensive, come from behind win a Subiaco to break a horror run in Perth.
Doesn't get much better than that.

Hawthorn.

Only team that I cannot genuinely believe we can beat. Obviously we can, but cannot generate the same haphazard confidence pre-match in contemplating a successful result against them.

Only team that I cannot genuinely believe we can beat. Obviously we can, but cannot generate the same haphazard confidence pre-match in contemplating a successful result against them.
Agreed very much.

I haven't been to an Essendon v Hawthorn game in which I've thought we could win. That said, I only started going to the footy religiously in 2010.

I go into every Essendon vs Hawthorn game and think we can win. It's our second biggest rivalry IMO- I find that every Collingwood supporter stereotype is more true about Whoreforn supporters. I also think in rivalry games like these any result is possible.

I go into every Essendon vs Hawthorn game and think we can win. It's our second biggest rivalry IMO- I find that every Collingwood supporter stereotype is more true about Whoreforn supporters. I also think in rivalry games like these any result is possible.
Yeah the Hawks supporters were feral this year. Our seats were right up the very last row of level one, and we had food, booze, spit, rubbish chucked at us by the Hawks booze crew behind us.

I seriously hope we can have a win against them this year, even though it seems highly unlikely.

Yeah the Hawks supporters were feral this year. Our seats were right up the very last row of level one, and we had food, booze, spit, rubbish chucked at us by the Hawks booze crew behind us.

I seriously hope we can have a win against them this year, even though it seems highly unlikely.
I couldn't get tickets this year. Correction: Whoreforn or Dawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was one of my favourite games.
At this point of the season I thought, 'we're going to make top 4'
:(
I never thought we'd make top 4

I was thinking top 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back