Pieterson
More daylight
A lot more daylight
So much daylight it's hard to see them
The rest
Daylight
Ian Healy
Ian Chappell

In regard to the actual question, Peitersen and Warne and Chappell are the most insightful. Nicholas is the most knowledgeable - he's the lone regular that knows about opposition players before they get here. seemingly every summer someone announces themselves here according to the Ch 9 team - despite that same player perhaps having produced a brilliant performance that put the rest of the world on notice. Rabada is a good example.

The problem with Warne is that he can't handle visiting seeks succeeding - it's always because australia's screwed up or some piece of bad luck, rarely is it because the player was just very good. he's also got no appreciation for any method that isn't the same as his.

Another pet hate I listening to them say "I'd like to see him do xxxx"

Stop f***ing talking about what they're not doing and commentate on what they are doing you c**ts.

my favourites are heals, peitersen, clarkey, warne and tubs
Slater, Nicholas and Chappell really annoy me for some reason

In regard to the actual question, Peitersen and Warne and Chappell are the most insightful. Nicholas is the most knowledgeable - he's the lone regular that knows about opposition players before they get here. seemingly every summer someone announces themselves here according to the Ch 9 team - despite that same player perhaps having produced a brilliant performance that put the rest of the world on notice. Rabada is a good example.

Tubby is normally OK with international players but Healy & Slats often don't even know the guys names.

Had alot of respect for Tony Greig since he was a genuine cricket nut and knew all the international players, past series etc.

Hopefully KP can take over the Greig role.

Tubby is normally OK with international players but Healy & Slats often don't even know the guys names.

Had alot of respect for Tony Greig since he was a genuine cricket nut and knew all the international players, past series etc.

Hopefully KP can take over the Greig role.

That's a pretty fair call
tubby has said a few times words to the effect of 'from the small bits I have seen of him.on television' so he does at least pay a bit of attention.

But basically for example if Bangladesh were to come over here, they'd basically be of the view that Shakib can play a bit and the rest are unknowns even though Mominal Haque averages 50 and Tamil iqbal has an average of 40 and consecutive test tons in England. they give the impression that if a guy like him made runs, they'd be spewing the old 'wow this guy can play, they've uncovered a good one here' when most international fans knew it a long time ago.

KP certainly has the worldwide knowledge to fill that role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I think of Chappeli highlights, the only one that comes to mind never even happened. in fact, the 12th man segment it comes from doesn't even involve his character speaking.

On The Final Dig, Tony is talking to the rest of the boys about why they won't get the job:

Tony: "They probably won't give it to you Chappeli in case you go 'welcome back here to the fuggen MCG and fugg it's a great day'"
*in the background*
Taylor: "Hahathatsright"
Bill: " Got im yes"

Completely ignoring of course the fact that all of them routinely say * every two seconds when they're on the air

When I think of Chappeli highlights, the only one that comes to mind never even happened. in fact, the 12th man segment it comes from doesn't even involve his character speaking.

On The Final Dig, Tony is talking to the rest of the boys about why they won't get the job:

Tony: "They probably won't give it to you Chappeli in case you go 'welcome back here to the fuggen MCG and fugg it's a great day'"
*in the background*
Taylor: "Hahathatsright"
Bill: " Got im yes"

Completely ignoring of course the fact that all of them routinely say **** every two seconds when they're on the air
Ritchie - And remember Chappeli, no boring anecdotes..

I'm glad they take the idea that too much conversation is too much conversation. sometimes..

chappelli is the one that has the most concrete notion of the past and the present.

KP is the one who has an obscure view of the game and gives a little bit of humour even if it is ridiculous at times.

everyone else just tends to talk a little too much. partial deafness helps in this, I only grab a bit here and there and so can't complain.

Tubby comes off with the least biased that actually played test cricket and also doesn't come with agendas like some of the commentators and knows the future of the game with his work with the ICC.

Tubby Taylor can call the big moments well. He's the least biased and is as excited when the opposition is on fire as he would be if Australia were.

In that sense he's good for the highlights shows since you cut out all the bullshit in between and just have the eventful action.

Back