Game Day Best Coast Eagles v Old Coast Suns

If you had to either retire in Mandurah or the Gold Coast, where would you go?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mmmm, same strugglers as the last couple of weeks, Oscar, Venables, Schofield and Cole. Lots of **** handballs and kicks from most out there.
Shuey, Yeo, Guv and Shep were good, Darling did enough, all in all very average.
I love Oscar, he needs a spell, but he won't get one. No one is ready to take his spot.

Venables will go out for Mallen- he absolutely needs to.

Schofield will be dropped for the young campaigner in Rotham.

I thought Cole was ok tonight.

Hope to god Hickey is OK. Vardy cannot ruck.

Very similar to the Freo game, looked comfortable first half, started playing like millionaires, lost the momentum then lucky to hold on.

Simmo needs a plan B

Very similar to the Freo game, looked comfortable first half, started playing like millionaires, lost the momentum then lucky to hold on.

Simmo needs a plan B

Is this really Simmo's fault? Clearly the players know how to play as seen in the first half. Dropping off is something the players need to work on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not exactly.

The problems are located elsewhere.

Ball movement.

Completely died in the ass in the second half and were laughably bad at moving the footy.

Credit to Dew and his team for making that happen whilst also releasing the shackles on their own ball movement.

Where did we come unstuck tonight?

Still don't think it's ganeplan, more intent, desire.

49 of Gold Coast's total of 57 points came as a result from West Coast turnovers.

Or another way, 14/17 of their scoring shots resulted directly from turnovers.

That is the issue that needs to be addressed.

Simmo needs a plan B

Vardy is just average WAFL quality ruck but he is ok forward. If Hickey is out for a while and Vardy is our No 1 we are in trouble.

Ball movement.

Completely died in the ass in the second half and were laughably bad at moving the footy.

Credit to Dew and his team for making that happen whilst also releasing the shackles on their own ball movement.

All Dew did was park two spares in front of his back six after half time.

As a result we stopped using the corridor and fell into all too familiar trap of kicking long down the wing to outnumbered contests.

Conversely, it allowed Gold Coast to start using the corridor out of defence, which plays havoc with our own defensive setup.

With our midfield well on top the response should have been to get aggressive and make those spares accountable, effectively setting up a forward eight and ensuring that ownership of the corridor is maintained.

49 of Gold Coast's total of 57 points came as a result from West Coast turnovers.

Or another way, 14/17 of their scoring shots resulted directly from turnovers.

That is the issue that needs to be addressed.
I reckon that is a good thing compared to being smashed in contested ball.

A lot easier to fix

On another note: Pavlich really is such an insufferable campaigner

The flag last year has really done a number on him... So I just smile when I hear the bitterness and envy when he speaks. He and his club failed, our club didn’t. As is normal. Maybe I’m just petty but ah well ☺️

Back