Analysis Best combined team made up of '92 and '18 premiership players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Orlando Magic
What would be our best 22 made up of only our first and most recent premiership players? Look forward to hearing the opinions especially from the older guys who got to watch the '92 players week in - week out.

Feel free to add in players like Shep who didn't actually play in the big one but were still vital to winning.

dkalphy

All Australian
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
As long as Dr Thomas Swift is captain and leading the squad, it doesn't matter whose in the best 22. Put Mcginnity, Notte, bob from the street.. All i know is Tom Swift as captain will lead the team to a flag.

Oct 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Orlando Magic
As long as Dr Thomas Swift is captain and leading the squad, it doesn't matter whose in the best 22. Put Mcginnity, Notte, bob from the street.. All i know is Tom Swift as captain will lead the team to a flag.
Not sure you've grasped the overall concept of the thread there.

B: Lamb McIntosh Hurn
HB: McKenna McGovern Shep
C: P.Matera Kemp Sheed
HF: Heady Kennedy Lewis
F: Ryan Sumich Rioli

R: Vardy, Shuey, Yeo

I: Hart:drunk: Evans, Lycett, Jakovich, Cripps

It's really hard to do these things because we have had so many awesome talls that you can't fit them in and have anything that looks like an actual footy team (Sorry Darling :( )

I let Shep in as he only missed 2 games for the year but excluded Naita and Gaffy - so sue me. Probably light on for a mid-fielder but Heady, Lewis, Cripps, Rioli and Ryan can all roll through there. Had to put in the two Grannie heroes as well in Evans and Shredder. I also may not pay Paul Harding enough respect, I was young at the time and didn't really appreciate the nuances of rucking - he may have been more than handy but I can't recall.

Last edited:

Mickey Rae

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Mighty Royals
McGovern McIntosh Hart
McKenna Jakovich Worsfold
Gaff Kemp Matera
Heady Kennedy Lewis
Darling Sumich Evans

Ruck : Natanui Shuey Reddan

Int: Vardy Sheed Mainwaring Hurn

McKenna McIntosh McGovern
Hurn Jakovich Worsfold
Matera Shuey Mainwaring
Lewis Kennedy Evans
Heady Sumich Rioli

Vardy Yeo Kemp

Int: Sheed Turley Pyke Redden

I went on a balance between performance on the day vs career. Lots of Micks in the backline.

southcoast

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2006
southcoast
AFL Club
West Coast
Pleased to see The Tony Evans getting a gig in these teams. So under-rated by many.

For the story of his two grand finals take a peek at this article from the online edition of The West.

Royals

Cancelled
Jan 7, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Anyone who doesn't have Tommy Kemp in their side ... throw your list in the bin and start again :rolleyes:
All Australian 1992 Eagles B & F in 1992 even in that side packed with guns,
add in his Norm Smith in 1994 the boy could PLAY.

Last edited:

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone who doesn't have Tommy Kemp in their side ... throw your list in the bin and start again :rolleyes:
All Australian 1992 Eagles B & F in 1992 even in that side packed with guns,
add in his Norm Smith in 1994 the boy could PLAY.

Should be the starting centreman in any combined side of these 2 years picked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

southcoast

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2006
southcoast
AFL Club
West Coast
Not worthy of a separate thread but Mark Duffield has picked his 'best premiership team' - selection based on overall performance and also on performance on the last day in September. Article here

1552812235331.png

For mine - cannot see any glaring errors or omissions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back