Universal Love Best Cyril Talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This guy deserves another thread.

If there was one Cyril talent (you are not allowed to say more than one) which Cyril talent would you want

a) Supersonic acceleration
b) Lightning fast sticky fingers
c) Flying ability
d) Super strength and tackling ability
e) Stupidly good kicking skills
f) Spidey sense anticipation of ball in time and space (or otherwise known as 360 echo location)
g) cat like ability to keep feet/great balance
h) to exist in the moment with second by second thought procesess
i) fear factor/perceived pressure etc
j) super stealth mode

You are welcome to add powers

PS: I started this post in one mood and ended up sad by the end...

Anyway - I’d take the Super Strength and tackling ability

Last edited:
I smell comeback all over this. There is only so much turtle fishing you can do in the Tiwi Islands before the allure of a full MCG starts to draw you back in. he needs to spend some time with his Dad and family which is fair enough but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back at the club in 12 months.

Watching a whole bunch of highlights today, what struck me was his ridiculously deft and clever little tap ons to players in the clear. Freakish, but didn’t get one single ‘stat’ for it.

This guy deserves another thread.

If there was one Cyril talent (you are not allowed to say more than one) which Cyril talent would you want

a) Supersonic acceleration
b) Lightning fast sticky fingers
c) Flying ability
d) Super strength and tackling ability
e) Stupidly good kicking skills
f) Spidey sense anticipation of ball in time and space

You are welcome to add powers

PS: I started this post in one mood and ended up sad by the end...

Anyway - I’d take the Super Strength and tackling ability

G) cat like ability to keep his feet

Cyril’s football brain processes things faster than everyone else’s. It’s like he sees the game in slow motion.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I smell comeback all over this. There is only so much turtle fishing you can do in the Tiwi Islands before the allure of a full MCG starts to draw you back in. he needs to spend some time with his Dad and family which is fair enough but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back at the club in 12 months.
After watching the thank you & goodbye video it looks like that doesn’t it.
12 months away from the game...2020 return for 2-3 years back at winning premierships.
Cyril looked a little torn but making a family first decision. Good on him

No he's done. If he's going to be playing football again it will be back with St Mary's in the NTFL. He said this in a newspaper article a few years back that he would love to finish his playing days there and that's what I expect to happen now.

I dare say though that he probably planned this to happen after he hit 30 but his father's health brought plans forward. So that's probably the only surprise in all this that he's called time on his AFL career so early.

Like many good superheroes, Cyril could freeze or slow time to escape the clutches of enemies, or break away from congestion.

This meant that sometimes he looked like Yoda circa the Episode 2 lightsaber duel, getting in repeat efforts at a contest before anyone else had a chance to react to what was happening.

Ability to change his mind on the fly in a split second and react accordingly without ever seeming off-balance, in a way that makes the actions of other players seem laughably pre-programmed and rigid.

In other words, his ability to exist completely in the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back