Discussion Best digital tablet for graphic design?

Remove this Banner Ad

weiruo

Draftee
Dec 1, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey all!

I have graduated my degree in media arts and am looking for recommendations , I am leaning towards the XP-PEN graphics tablets !!

Doesn't have to be XP-PEN , other brands are welcome! Price range around $300 AUD give or take. I mainly use illustrator but am wanting to play around with Photoshop retouching and colouring!

Thanks guys !!

caloschwaby

You Beauty
Jan 3, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Renegades, Packers
Microsoft Surface Go goes for about $600, $700 including the Surface Pen (greatest digital pen I have handled and used).
Used it for all my biological drawings in uni for great results, often used it to sketch up concepts for my FIRA/NAFL teams.

Not sure if its exactly what you're looking for, but using it as a graphic tablet with an integrated PC, there's not much you could fault it for.

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I can only talk about what i've used. I bought a Wacom Intuos Medium about 8 months ago and it's been absolutely brilliant, and it was in that $300 price range.

It's a pad as opposed to a tablet, if that makes sense, so there is no display, but I found it pretty intuitive pretty quickly to draw on the pad while watching the screen. It's certainly allowed me to do things I couldn't have done before, and saves me a lot of time, especially on sketching out ideas.

just_kick_it

The X-Factor
May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm in the Wacom camp as well. I bought the $170 one a couple of months ago. It is a pad with out a screen and it seems pretty good so far but I haven't had much time to use it :(

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad