Veteran 10k Posts
Sep 16, 2004
Al Jumahiriyah al Arabiya
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team van Berlo, Sturt
Hi gang.

What's everyone's tips on the best drugs to take when you have one hell of a cold? I just got over my last one and now I've got it back. Lost my voice and can't even speak to clients at the moment it's that bad. :rolleyes: It's not the end of the world and I can handle colds well but my last one ended last week and this one started at the beginning of this week! ____ing frustrating.

I've been taking Codral Flu tablets and Dimetap .. Panadol and plently of vitiman C tablets .. they all do the job ok .. but I'm looking for something that really hits the spot.

I've also got an important 21st this weekend that I'd really like to be ready for but at the moment the way I'm feeling I'll be in bed watching footy all weekend.

Any tips?

Hi gang.

What's everyone's tips on the best drugs to take when you have one hell of a cold? I just got over my last one and now I've got it back. Lost my voice and can't even speak to clients at the moment it's that bad. :rolleyes: It's not the end of the world and I can handle colds well but my last one ended last week and this one started at the beginning of this week! ____ing frustrating.

I've been taking Codral Flu tablets and Dimetap .. Panadol and plently of vitiman C tablets .. they all do the job ok .. but I'm looking for something that really hits the spot.

I've also got an important 21st this weekend that I'd really like to be ready for but at the moment the way I'm feeling I'll be in bed watching footy all weekend.

Any tips?

You could try Echinacea. Most of the time you just gotta stay warm and sleep it off. If you are feeling trashed now and its Thursday, feel better tomorrow and then go to your 21st, can almost guarantee that you will be stuffed again on Monday.
I say this because I was sick with a cold/fever for 5 days about a month ago, missed five days of work, then decided that i was feeling better and I would play footy. Played, we won, I had a few celebratories and woke up the next day back at square one with a shocker cold again that lasted another week! :mad: Gotta give your body time to recover!

• Banned
Yeah that's what I'm worried about.

Going out tonight because of basketball so I'll have a drink there and see if I can take it. Only had 2 smokes in the past 48 hours as well so probably a good time to quit :D

I've also been having trouble with phlegm .. at work today I've coughed into my hand and there's been a huge big ball sitting there so I've flung it down near my bin for the cleaner to find. I think I feel a big runny poo coming on as well.

Hi gang.

Any tips?
Resting up is the best thing to do.

Strepsils do the trick for me. Get the ones that are marked first sign of a cold. They do the trick.
Otherwise run around the block as getting a good sweat up does the trick for any colds.

Hi gang.

Any tips?

Well I'd say geelong would be looking to bounce back from a big loss last week, so should comfortably beat carlton.:p

But the best thing for colds I've found is just rest and keeping warm.

Going out tonight because of basketball so I'll have a drink there and see if I can take it. Only had 2 smokes in the past 48 hours as well so probably a good time to quit :D

I've also been having trouble with phlegm .. at work today I've coughed into my hand and there's been a huge big ball sitting there so I've flung it down near my bin for the cleaner to find. I think I feel a big runny poo coming on as well.

Hope that drink at your basketball thingy didn't cause too much harm. I wouldn't be drinking at that 21st though, and definitely not smoking! Get to the 21st early and leave as early as is possible without being rude!

Lol at phlegm and poo. The phlegm at least means your body is working to get rid of the infection, so it's a good sign :thumbsu:

Try to spend tomorrow in bed watching the footy like you mentioned - rest and warmth are the best cures.

Zince lozenges and tablets decrease the length by 2/3rds, according to a medical Journal I read at work the other night. Gotta love those long night duties.lol.

I also take 1g ie 2x 500mg tabs of vitamin c 2 times a day.

Plus lots of water at least 4 litres.

Plus the oldie of vicks vapour rub on the bottom of the feet, put on socks.it stops the coughing.

polcodine cough mixture by goldcross is good as well.

• Banned
Well I went to the 21st last night and over-indulged just slighty , still feeling average but it doesn't look like the drinks and smokes from last night have done much damage.

Runny poos have gone but still coughing up bucket loads of phlegm!

Had a terrible cold starting Friday, went out Saturday had a massive night, got home about 4 though wanted to leave early because I couldnt breathe through my nose at all and in the club wasnt getting enough air, anyway woke up after a few hours sleep feeling a LOT better. I think this rest bullshit is for old people.

Also, pseudoephedrine helps clear the sinuses

People always get confused between a cold and a flu. If you have a cold then tablets like Codral will work. If you have a flu they will do sweet bugger all other then mask the symptoms and unless you rest then you can in cases take up to 3 weeks to get better.

Ive had the flu for 5 days now with a fever in the 39s all week. Some tips

- Keep warm at all times but at night dont wear too many clothes when you sleep because you wil end up sweating a new bedsheet.
- Dont drink cold water. Only tap water. Cold water will make your cough and sore throat worse. It also wont hydrate aswell
- No coffee or hot foods. You may aswell dig your grave now
- Cold showers. Noice and help a fever
- Get some sunshine. Vitamin D helps. Youd be surprised and rest.

If you mistake a cold and a flu you could find yourself in a bit of trouble if you dont rest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I went to the 21st last night and over-indulged just slighty , still feeling average but it doesn't look like the drinks and smokes from last night have done much damage.

Runny poos have gone but still coughing up bucket loads of phlegm!

If you're still coughing up phlegm in a few days, I'd head to the doc for some antibiotics. I know you shouldn't take ABs for a common cold, but if it's lingering you might have an upper respiratory tract infection, and that will linger for weeks unless you kill it with some drugs.

If you're still coughing up phlegm in a few days, I'd head to the doc for some antibiotics. I know you shouldn't take ABs for a common cold, but if it's lingering you might have an upper respiratory tract infection, and that will linger for weeks unless you kill it with some drugs.
gross as it is, it depends on the colour of the sputum, if its green, brown etc, head to doc if its clear its ok.

Senaga and ammonia, which you can buy from any chemist.
15 mls with about the same amount of hot water. Drink in one go and have a glass of water on standby as it tastes vile !

Methamphetamin... The only problem is that the cold goes away for a few days but when you come down its thre times as bad :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back